IGNORED

Jinger's Engaged to the Son of a Preacherman

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Wasn't the wording sneaky? I thought it said Josh will not be in the new or next season of counting on. It never said he will never appear again on the series. I guess with lots of good editing they can erase him from Jinger's wedding episodes.

I think the lady said he will not be shown in Jill and Jessa: Counting On. So if they wanted to show him they could just change the name. Which is what I am expecting.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Jeremy thinks of Josh, or how much interaction they've had. In the fantasy world before Joshgate 1, these two guys, being the same age, probably would have been best BILs. 

19 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I think the lady said he will not be shown in Jill and Jessa: Counting On. So if they wanted to show him they could just change the name. Which is what I am expecting.

I'm fairly convinced they've already changed the show name. None of the recent promos have used anything but "Counting On" by itself, the Facebook page just says "Counting On", etc. About the only official things that still say "Jill and Jessa: Counting On" are the actual TLC URL and the webpage meta title, but even there the J&J part doesn't appear on any recent content on the page. 

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just saw the video of Jeremy's parents' congratulations and they look and sound so wonderfully normal it warms the cockles of my heart.  She's dressed in a normal mom outfit with nice pants, a lovely stylish haircut and jewelry, and he looks like anyone's dad.  Their body language and way of speaking is so much more natural and relaxed than what we normally see from fundie-land.  They don't have prepared "this is what we're supposed to say" lines, they're clearly just saying what's coming to them at the moment. Maybe just conservative, not even fundie?  Anyway, got to be a relatively good influence for the new couple going on there.  There will be those who vigorously disagree, but I just had to say it.

17 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just saw the video of Jeremy's parents' congratulations and they look and sound so wonderfully normal it warms the cockles of my heart.  She's dressed in a normal mom outfit with nice pants, a lovely stylish haircut and jewelry, and he looks like anyone's dad.  Their body language and way of speaking is so much more natural and relaxed than what we normally see from fundie-land.  They don't have prepared "this is what we're supposed to say" lines, they're clearly just saying what's coming to them at the moment. Maybe just conservative, not even fundie?  Anyway, got to be a relatively good influence for the new couple going on there.  There will be those who vigorously disagree, but I just had to say it.

I'm too lazy to find the exact posts, but others have already linked to sermons his father has given - they're full of the typical Fundie patriarchy, misogyny, etc. I doubt they'll be a positive influence religion wise.

So, if Josh won't be on the show, what about Anna? Someone has to bring home the TLC money.

I wish Jeremy's parents will have a good influence on Jinger, but given their tendency to spread bigotry and homophobia through sermons, I think they will only pull her into the wrong direction.

I was thinking of making a blog post about one of Jeremy's dad's sermons on Biblical Femininity.  It's rife with misogyny. Like, real old timey, women-belong-in-the-kitchen misogyny. :my_sick: He has an entire series on how women should be subservient to men. 

I just no longer care.   I hope that Jinger is really happy, but I fear that she'll someday awaken in the shitstorm that she bought into and frantically dig for a way out.   And, I still don't care--she dove into the shitstorm.

In the whole scope of things to care about (e.g. Trump as president), the Duggars just don't matter.

I think I need to spend my energy fighting the hatred that they spew: the racism, misogyny and general xenophobia in my community.

Thanks FJ for being a port in the storm, but I think I'll be taking a leave and confronting the leghumpers that think everything is just dandy we could just go back to being "great again".

I'll likely check back when the new series starts, as snarking is a great way to vent.

XXOO

so Jinger posted a video blathering on about the season of her new life and how God is going to guide her 

10 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I just no longer care.   I hope that Jinger is really happy, but I fear that she'll someday awaken in the shitstorm that she bought into and frantically dig for a way out.   And, I still don't care--she dove into the shitstorm.

In the whole scope of things to care about (e.g. Trump as president), the Duggars just don't matter.

I think I need to spend my energy fighting the hatred that they spew: the racism, misogyny and general xenophobia in my community.

Thanks FJ for being a port in the storm, but I think I'll be taking a leave and confronting the leghumpers that think everything is just dandy we could just go back to being "great again".

I'll likely check back when the new series starts, as snarking is a great way to vent.

XXOO

we will miss you :D 

snarking is great fun and this season will be EPIC 

Do we all know that Jinger now has an instagram account (under her married name, natch) as of two hours ago?

Sorry if this is old news.

12 minutes ago, notfundy said:

Do we all know that Jinger now has an instagram account (under her married name, natch) as of two hours ago?

Sorry if this is old news.

Link? :)

The amount of Duggar and Bates fan pages is mind boggling.

Especially because anyone can see the pictures from a simple google search.

Pickles reports that Jinger was filmed with Jeremy's grandmother learning how to make red sauce. Scintillating TV, that. 

I dread JB blasting every Italian stereotype if there's an Italian-themed rehearsal dinner. Mamma mia! 

22 hours ago, trustworthy said:

I think they're the more dangerous fundies, kind of like the Bates. It's really important for them to seem "normal". When they don't talk about Jesus every two seconds, wear more modern clothing, etc., they don't stand out so much. This makes it easier to pull others in to the cult. When people notice things like what I bolded, people tend to be fooled. Just like many on FJ are. 

I have a branch of fundies in my family. They are all very pretty, they dress with style (sometimes even short shorts and strapless dresses!), and wear their hair and makeup beautifully. At first glance, they look like a large, beautiful family with conservative values. Once you get to know them, the hate and bigotry comes out. 

^^^ Cosign 1000%. Diana Vuolo may look "normal," but she used clear fundie-speak in her congratulatory speech to JinJer. Remember how Cathy Dillard Byrum turned out? Diana Vuolo is just the east coast version. 

The thing that gets to me is how such well-educated people fall into fundamentalism in the first place. I can see Cathy's slide: husband suddenly dies in bed, Stage 4 cancer, now believes God cured her of the Devil in her body. What drove the Vuolos out of the Catholic church and into this? We've heard what Chuck Vuolo and Jeremy have to say; I imagine Diana will be more of the same once she gets in front of the camera. 

I'm extremely excited for Jinger to become a preacher's wife! 

She'll get to organize picnics and photograph them. 

What an existence!

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Pickles reports that Jinger was filmed with Jeremy's grandmother learning how to make red sauce. Scintillating TV, that. 

I dread JB blasting every Italian stereotype if there's an Italian-themed rehearsal dinner. Mamma mia! 

For a brief moment, this made me happy and have hope for their future. I'm from a very Italian community and handing down sauce recipes is such a "normal" thing right before marriage. And if the grandparents don't think the marriage will work or you aren't worthy, good luck getting the recipe. If you're really considered family you get to attend "sauce day" at the end of August when four generations gather in their backyard, break out the vats and the 100 pound cases of roma tomatoes and get to work with the men stirring and the women canning the whole family's year supply and restocking the shelves of the cellar. 

Except this is a cult. And the sweetness of this moment will be scripted by TLC. Sad. 

50 minutes ago, Casserole said:

For a brief moment, this made me happy and have hope for their future. I'm from a very Italian community and handing down sauce recipes is such a "normal" thing right before marriage. And if the grandparents don't think the marriage will work or you aren't worthy, good luck getting the recipe. If you're really considered family you get to attend "sauce day" at the end of August when four generations gather in their backyard, break out the vats and the 100 pound cases of roma tomatoes and get to work with the men stirring and the women canning the whole family's year supply and restocking the shelves of the cellar. 

Except this is a cult. And the sweetness of this moment will be scripted by TLC. Sad. 

I wish I still lived around my Italian relatives. Though the original generation is all gone now, of course.

She'll know she's fully in if Grandma lets her see how to make the chicken soup.

37 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I wish I still lived around my Italian relatives. Though the original generation is all gone now, of course.

She'll know she's fully in if Grandma lets her see how to make the chicken soup.

I'm not Italian even a little bit... that's why it was such an honor to be invited to a good friend's family sauce day. So much fun and so much delicious food. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived