IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

This is the thing about this type of religion.  All they have to do is say that "God laid it upon their heart" or some other such bullshit and they have an instant rationalization that:  A. can't be argued with since it isn't based in logic.  So even if they have people in their lives who lovingly question their decisions,  it is impossible to argue against God because they have a built in system of circular logic.  i.e. God told us to do this.  God warned us of doubters.  God warned us that doubters could be hidden among those we love, God told us to be steadfast in the face of doubt, etc.  So no matter what,  there is no way to logic, or use critical thinking to get them to truly evaluate their decisions.  B. They are guaranteed pretty much unconditional support from their own social peer system because none of them would ever question God.  In fact in many cases it goes beyond basic support, like ( Hey, sounds interesting, We will pray for you) to outright praise for  being 'brave' enough to follow God, and financial support; and C.  they are pretty much excused from any sort of personal accountability or responsibility when things go south.    

I honestly think it is this potent combination of being able to use God to rationalize all your decisions, no matter how self serving or corrupt they are, Being praised to the heavens for following 'what God laid upon their heart" no matter how ridiculous ( convert Catholics to Jesus for example by doing painfully awkward skits) and never having to actually own up to consequences if things don't go well, that is so seductive about this particular type of Christianity.  ( not to focus only on Christianity, since this exists and is alive and well in other faiths also)

Look at the idiots who financially contribute to the Rodriguez family.  They praise them for their sacrifices, (not sure what Jill or her deadbeat husband sacrifice, but those kids are surely sacrificing.  No actually the kids are being sacrificed, is probably more correct), support them financially to a degree, and it would appear that those in their social circle don't do much to ever hold them accountable. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never fallen down the Rodriguez rabbit hole. Sounds like it would really, REALLY piss me off.

They don't have to be foreign missionaries. They could stay in the US and minister. Maybe in a hellbound city like NY or LA or Las Vegas. 

1 minute ago, Purrl said:

They don't have to be foreign missionaries. They could stay in the US and minister. Maybe in a hellbound city like NY or LA or Las Vegas. 

but Las Vegas is highly Mormon. Been there Many times :) It's so much more then the strip 

2 hours ago, Purrl said:

@SportsgalAnnie I'm pretty sure the Duggars think that Mormons need God too. :) They would be a perfect target for Dill's missionary mania and they wouldn't have to worry about Israel standing out.

It would be interesting and scary to see a Bible thumping battle between the Duggars and Mormons. 

Lol having an image of mormon missionaries and evangelical missionaries trying to convert each other :pow:

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Like a dance off or rap battle, but with bible verses and testimonies!

... I really need this to happen... And for the South Park guys to witness it... And then put it on the show... :pb_lol:

On 8/27/2016 at 10:03 AM, Palimpsest said:

No he doesn't.  Unless his mother told him she used birth control he has no way of knowing.

Not picking on the poster I quoted, but there seems to be a misconception here that unprotected sex always results in pregnancy so Fundie couples should be popping out babies at the drop of a hat.  Whatever you were told in sex ed class, that is a myth.  

That is just the women. In half the cases of infertility it is the man who is infertile.  A nice easy read on infertility myths here:   http://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/infertility/causes/myths-about-infertility/

In Duggar-speak:  God doesn't always give people babies.

Just wanted to say how much I love #3 on this list.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:12 AM, SportsgalAnnie said:

but Las Vegas is highly Mormon. Been there Many times :) It's so much more then the strip 

Ah, is that why the Kody Klan relocated there? I always thought it was an odd choice. #DumbBrit ;) 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:53 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I've never fallen down the Rodriguez rabbit hole. Sounds like it would really, REALLY piss me off.

I find it amusing how SEVERELY stupid and desperate JillRod is. 

Maybe this was talked about, I didn't read back more than a couple of pages here. 

Are the Dills staying at their old McMansion? I can't tell in the background of the pictures on Instagram. 

It would be a nice Sister Wives/Counting On crossover to have the Dillards move into the Brown cul-de-sac and attempt to "minister" to them.  

The Rodrigues family have recently had it laid upon their hearts to become evangelical missionaries for PLEXUS.  Did you know that God gave us Plexus to solve ALL of our problems, including cancer, infertility, diabetes, and Satan?  You may be washed in the Blood of the Lamb, but you aren't a REAL Christian until you are washed in the Pink of the Drink!  

Edit: If you come on over to the Rodrigues subforum NOW, you will be eligible to receive a special "book" which is actually just a binder of Jill's printed blog posts.  TALK ABOUT A DEAL!

55 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

Maybe this was talked about, I didn't read back more than a couple of pages here. 

Are the Dills staying at their old McMansion? I can't tell in the background of the pictures on Instagram. 

They're visiting Derick's family in Oklahoma right now, but the video with Israel and his finger puppet from three weeks ago was taken at the pool house.

22 hours ago, halcionne said:

They're visiting Derick's family in Oklahoma right now, but the video with Israel and his finger puppet from three weeks ago was taken at the pool house.

Ah. I wonder if they are going to give Ben and Jessa the McMansion. They would have known she's pregnant before the Dillard's came back, and I think the Dillard's would have gone to the empty house. 

Do the Duggars still own the McMansion??  I know it was for sale or rent or something. And what happened to the house that Anna and Josh  bought when they came back from D.C.?

i don't think Jessa would move so quickly - they seem to have ingrained themselves in the little house 

i don't see jessa picking up and moving anywhere 

she likes her little space and how she decorated it 

jill is more messy if that is possible comparing her to "i don't clean floors jessa" 

How do we know that Jill hasn't had a miscarriage and they have just never announced the pregnancy and miscarriage? This is a very real and I think likely possibility. A few years ago, waaaay back Anna had a gap in pregnancy and many people speculated she was preventing or not pregnant. She ended up revealing they had a miscarriage. 

In regard to the pool house, I think they are giving it to Josh and Anna.  They know that Josh will not be employable for a long time but he will probably lead the family businesses anyway but just be undercover. JB wants to make sure that Anna and the kids are "taken care of" after the Josh scandals. They cannot let her get out and be an escapee.

I find it interesting that Derrick and Jill seem to be doing their own thing whereas Bin and Jessa are totally owned by JB and toeing the line. I thought the situations would be reversed. 

3 hours ago, JessaBlessa said:

Do the Duggars still own the McMansion??  I know it was for sale or rent or something. And what happened to the house that Anna and Josh  bought when they came back from D.C.?

Both the McMansion and the Siloam Springs house have been sold, although the Siloam Springs house was purchased by an LLC that was set up by a Duggar family friend, so who knows who the actual owner is.

10 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Both the McMansion and the Siloam Springs house have been sold, although the Siloam Springs house was purchased by an LLC that was set up by a Duggar family friend, so who knows who the actual owner is.

when was the mcmansion sold ? 

Where are the other houses ? 

we need answers -otherwise we will worry they will be living in the street somewhere and not $100,000 houses :D

7 minutes ago, nst said:

when was the mcmansion sold ? 

Where are the other houses ? 

we need answers -otherwise we will worry they will be living in the street somewhere and not $100,000 houses :D

The Siloam Springs house sold August 24, 2015. The McMansion/Stoney Brook house sold September 21, 2015. Don't worry about the Duggars- Duggar Properties LLC currently owns 12 residential and 4 commercial properties in Benton County, plus more in Washington County (you can't search W. County's real estate records online- but you can search their tax records). 

siloam house.png

Stoney Brook house.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived