IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

Jessa was courting before Jill  but was upstaged by Jill's quick engagement and wedding. Payback? Though with their lack of BC, it  could be random.

It was an act of God.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Seren Ann said:

How do you even manage to space your children, when all birth control is a sin akin to murder ? Do they abstain or practice some unofficial NFP ?

Maybe Israel is just exhausting them to the point where they aren't doing it too often? That first year with my kids was a pretty big dry spell for us! 

@Seren AnnWhatever reasoning there may be is none of my business, thankfully. :pb_lol:

Regardless of the reason, I'm glad her body has had ample time to recover from Izzy's birth. Hopefully the wait will help her have an easier labor next time. I hate their beliefs and how smug they are, but I don't enjoy seeing anyone suffer through a very difficult labor (regardless of the choices that may or may not have contributed to the difficulty.)

The reason why I wonder is because in any case it's a departure from Gothard ideology : The mother's health is unimportant, God will protect her, not preventing babies and filling your quiver is the priority. Zika virus ? God will protect the baby, it's no excuse to prevent a life from being born.

IF Jill were preventing, it would mean she or her husband are letting an ounce of common sense win out over their indoctrination, which I find interesting. But of course, twinmama could be right and they simply have no opportunity, or she is just slower conceiving...

I read an interesting study that said that there were the least adverse maternal and fetal outcomes in births with a spacing of 27 months to 5 years. Closer or further than that and the risks climb. I found that fascinating and am always glad when fundies have children more than 2 years apart, I hope it gives the mother more time to recuperate. (Of course, I'm not bashing people who have their children closer together and most of the time there are no problems, my sister and I are 18 months apart for example and we're fine. It's just the ideal situation is to plan children a little further apart).

I'm glad that there's no Baby Dilly #2 yet, because I'm here for the snark, and a young woman throwing her (and/or her children's) lives away or permanently destroying her body by forcing herself to give birth before the doctors recommend does not make for good jokes!

15 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I still predict a Jilly Muffin announcement before this season is out.

I do too but I don't think she is pregnant yet, but I'm guessing she will be very soon, if she gets pregnant now, the kids will be around 26 months apart. IMO that is nice spacing between kids.  

As much as Derrick is dabbling in fundy life, I still think he's a lot more reasonable, he wasn't raised in that crazy life, he had a normal family, normal education.  I don't see Jill having babies every 13-18 months, because Derrick doesn't want that, and Jill will do what ever Derrick says, because that is what she is supposed to do. 

New article:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-jinger-duggar-will-get-pregnant-next-w435809

Derick thinks Jinger and Jeremy will be the next to have a baby. Not clear if this was said before or after they knew about Jessa's pregnancy (just that she said it to US Magazine earlier this month) - but it is a bit interesting either way that Derick might be thinking that for some reason.

Also of note:

- She thinks Jinger and Jeremy balance each other nicely. Some bullshit about him being a strong leader and her liking to be led.

- She and Derick are eagerly waiting for God to bless them with another child.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do too but I don't think she is pregnant yet, but I'm guessing she will be very soon, if she gets pregnant now, the kids will be around 26 months apart. IMO that is nice spacing between kids.  

As much as Derrick is dabbling in fundy life, I still think he's a lot more reasonable, he wasn't raised in that crazy life, he had a normal family, normal education.  I don't see Jill having babies every 13-18 months, because Derrick doesn't want that, and Jill will do what ever Derrick says, because that is what she is supposed to do. 

Too the bolded- I really, really hope this is true. Plus, Derick seems very hands on with Izzy. I think (hope)  he gets it. And if Jill is as devout in her beliefs as she appears, I think  (hope) that she would defer to Derick, especially now that she has a child and has lived the reality of not having 24/7 J-slave help.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

New article:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-jinger-duggar-will-get-pregnant-next-w435809

Derick thinks Jinger and Jeremy will be the next to have a baby. Not clear if this was said before or after they knew about Jessa's pregnancy (just that she said it to US Magazine earlier this month) - but it is a bit interesting either way that Derick might be thinking that for some reason.

Also of note:

- She thinks Jinger and Jeremy balance each other nicely. Some bullshit about him being a strong leader and her liking to be led.

- She and Derick are eagerly waiting for God to bless them with another child.

i actually hated the article in US weekly when I finally read it 

whereas Ben was able to fake us out 

Jeremy just lays out there and Jinger follows him - it's quite disconcerting imo 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I think  (hope) that she would defer to Derick, especially now that she has a child and has lived the reality of not having 24/7 J-slave help.

This - We don't know how much J-Slave help Jessa has had, the family will never admit to it, but we can expect some.  We do know that its been Jill & Derrick and a baby for months at a time in a foreign county with minimal support.  Jill & Derrick have actively parented without back up.  How much of an impact that has had on her we don't know.  Nor do we know how fundy Derrick really is, he seemly converted to marry Jill (and I believe that real), but life can make him dip out again.  As one of two kids he has to know his parents used birth control, to him it can't be evil if his mother used it, because he likes his mom.  With Jill's traumatic birth & zika around he may have swayed slightly.  Interesting that he pegged Jinger as next pregnancy, not himself, despite knowing that its going to be a wait for Jinger to set a date, have a wedding and then conceive.

They may well have come back for a pregnancy but they may still be waiting the required few months for potential zika to get out his system.

Only time will tell...

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Someone didn't proofread.  Don't they know that a Duggar couldn't possibly have a 16 month old if they've been married less than 2 years? 

Jill, meanwhile, has been married for nearly two years. She and her husband,Derick Dillard, tied the knot in November 2014 and are parents of 16-month-old Israel.

3 minutes ago, imokit said:

They may well have come back for a pregnancy but they may still be waiting the required few months for potential zika to get out his system.

Only time will tell...

This, Zika is nothing to be messed with, when even the pope is telling people in infected areas to use birth control, it is serious shit, even with as intermittently liberal this Pope seems.  Thankfully we are coming up on fall so Zika, at least up where they are might not show up until next summer, and hopefully by them they will have a vaccine. 

On the zika note...

Does anyone know any Miami quiverfull people or what the fundie position on Florida currently is?

I feel gross asking this, but what kind of prevention would be acceptable with their beliefs?  To make me feel less gross, I'll specify that I'm asking about IBLP couples in general, not one certain couple. Is pulling out allowed, or is too much like Onan? Can they use the rhythm method? Both of those do seem contrary to letting God decide how many children they will have. (Though if they really trusted God there would be no reason to avoid a dangerous pregnancy because he wouldn't let it happen, but I think even most fundies know that's unwise.) Is abstinence acceptable as a means of family planning? (As long as the husband doesn't get too horny, because then the wife would be obligated to righteously fulfill his needs. :my_sick: )

I know JB and Michelle's version of "letting God decide" was actively trying to have as many children as possible. She even weaned the babies early to get a head start on conceiving the next one. Any kind of pregnancy prevention other than longer breastfeeding (which of course doesn't always work! I knew a woman who got pregnant 2 months after her first baby was born because she thought she didn't need birth control) seems like a deviation from JB & Michelle's beliefs, so if that's what the married kids are doing, good for them for thinking for themselves!

Edit: Just saw the video linked upthread announcing Jessa's 2nd pregnancy. I guess it's just Jill and Derick then who might have been waiting to conceive another. I'm not usually glad to hear about another fundie baby, but I think it's probably a good thing that Ben and Jessa won't be able to adopt yet, and if they keep up this pattern, possible never. I suppose they could still get privately asked to adopt someone's baby, and unfortunately I can definitely see some young pregnant girl who was planning on adoption wanting to place her baby with a famous couple, but hopefully that won't happen. It seems like Jessa and Ben are interested in adopting a baby, so there are plenty of better parents waiting to parent any baby available for adoption and it's not like Jessa and Ben would be providing a home for a child who wouldn't otherwise have one.

What does Jessa mean, "I love the night feedings." I hope she's still not night-feeding him. First off, he'll be as big as a house if he's eating table food now & I hope he is, & good for Derrick for recognizing that he can be carrying zika in his sperm& it can take 6 months for that to clear. Hope they have a test for that. Sounds like they got some solid medical advice.

6 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

What does Jessa mean, "I love the night feedings." I hope she's still not night-feeding him. First off, he'll be as big as a house if he's eating table food now & I hope he is, & good for Derrick for recognizing that he can be carrying zika in his sperm& it can take 6 months for that to clear. Hope they have a test for that. Sounds like they got some solid medical advice.

Jessa said that about nighttime feedings back in May - the article clearly states that. They probably just reused it from an old article.

There are bloodtests for Zika. I had one earlier in my pregnancy to ease my husband's nerves. We honeymooned in Barbados in January and he wanted to be sure Velocibaby wasn't at risk - they aren't. Thankfully, I tested negative. 

If the Dills are concerned they could have the bloodwork done. If they come back negative then they can be relatively sure that any baby conceived would be ok for now. 

38 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I feel gross asking this, but what kind of prevention would be acceptable with their beliefs?  

This is what I know about NFP. You track your periods and chart your temperatures to know your (the woman's) most fertile times. In the Roman Catholic Church, the acceptable method of preventing pregnancy is to NOT do the bumpty bump on fertile days and for a few days surrounding them.

It would seem to me that if DerJill were doing the charting, he'd know when to avoid sex, and if they were ready to conceive again, they'd know when to go for it.

The girls all know how to keep a fertility chart. They talked about it in one of the early episodes. It was kind of gross.

1 hour ago, imokit said:

This - We don't know how much J-Slave help Jessa has had, the family will never admit to it, but we can expect some.  We do know that its been Jill & Derrick and a baby for months at a time in a foreign county with minimal support.  Jill & Derrick have actively parented without back up.  How much of an impact that has had on her we don't know.  Nor do we know how fundy Derrick really is, he seemly converted to marry Jill (and I believe that real), but life can make him dip out again.  As one of two kids he has to know his parents used birth control, to him it can't be evil if his mother used it, because he likes his mom.  With Jill's traumatic birth & zika around he may have swayed slightly.  Interesting that he pegged Jinger as next pregnancy, not himself, despite knowing that its going to be a wait for Jinger to set a date, have a wedding and then conceive.

Only time will tell...

I also believe that Jill might still be nursing Izzy and perhaps that has afforded them some additional protection. 

59 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Jessa said that about nighttime feedings back in May - the article clearly states that. They probably just reused it from an old article.

There are bloodtests for Zika. I had one earlier in my pregnancy to ease my husband's nerves. We honeymooned in Barbados in January and he wanted to be sure Velocibaby wasn't at risk - they aren't. Thankfully, I tested negative. 

If the Dills are concerned they could have the bloodwork done. If they come back negative then they can be relatively sure that any baby conceived would be ok for now. 

I night fed until 14 months, absolutely nothing weird about it!  In fact, it is really normal, not nightfeeding is less the norm (at that age)

11 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I night fed until 14 months, absolutely nothing weird about it!  In fact, it is really normal, not nightfeeding is less the norm (at that age)

Very true! Not sure if she would still be night feeding at this point, but it's entirely possible. 

And yes, there is nothing weird about it. All that counts is that mom and baby are healthy and happy. :)

2 hours ago, imokit said:

Only time will tell...

i think with the vast majority of pictures and videos posted at the TTH with Jessa and Spud she is there a lot and gets PLENTY OF HELP 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Very true! Not sure if she would still be night feeding at this point, but it's entirely possible. 

And yes, there is nothing weird about it. All that counts is that mom and baby are healthy and happy. :)

Every baby is different I was able to stop night feedings with #1 about 3 months #2 about 5 months for the most part, there were occasional nights here and there but not bad.  They would get a bottle around 11/midnight then I would go to bed and they would sleep until 5 or 6, in my mind that was sleeping through the night, and hubby would feed them, put them back to bed & we would both get up for the day around 8:00 am.   This is great when you are a SAHM, not so much when you have a job my sister was a zombie for 10/11 months because she works, I didn't it was nice. 

I would commend Jill and Derick if they were being diligent about Zika and avoiding pregnancy, but in all of their interviews and relevant social media posts it seems like they're very desperately trying for another child. I think it's more likely that they haven't had any luck getting pregnant again.

How can you guys remember when you stopped night feeding? I seriously have no idea. I probably wrote it down somewhere but off the top of my head....no clue.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived