IGNORED

Dilldereal 18

SpoonfulOSugar

It's the continuing saga of Jill, Derick and little Israel - ministering to the unwashed in Dangerous!Central!America! when they aren't in the states for Counting On.

Last page of the previous thread:  coming home for autumn, car seats in trucks - you know, same song, new verse:

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Purrl said:

They might also be holding off so that Jill & Jessa can announce their pregnancies at the same time.

"Won't it be so cute to see little Zwingli and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia grow up together as cousins?"

56 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"Won't it be so cute to see little Zwingli and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia grow up together as cousins?"

I'm surreptitiously reading fj at work and this caused me to choke on my tea and almost broke my cover! I'm going to be chuckling all day now:my_smile:

15 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Last page of the previous thread:  coming home for autumn, car seats in trucks - you know, same song, new verse:

It was bad enough getting ear-wormed by "Son of a Preacherman", but now I'm alternating with campfire songs -

"Next. Verse. Same as the first!  A little bit louder and a little bit worse!"

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

It was bad enough getting ear-wormed by "Son of a Preacherman", but now I'm alternating with campfire songs -

"Next. Verse. Same as the first!  A little bit louder and a little bit worse!"

Let's just throw in, "I'm Hen-er-y the Eighth, I am..."

The title of this thread sounds like it should be the name of an Elf on Lord of the Rings. 

7 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

@Four is Enough Oh no!  Now that song is going to be stuck in my head all afternoon.  Lol!

I remember singing that song, and many many other repetitive songs, on the bus to and from camp. Girl Scout Camp. made with Real Girl Scouts. With shorts and T shirts and sneakers, not flip flops....  "I'm her eighth old man, I"m Hen=er=y, Henery the Eighth I am!"

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The title of this thread sounds like it should be the name of an Elf on Lord of the Rings. 

More like a bad MTV reality show

On July 29, 2016 at 3:35 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I could legit see benessa using this name. Let's file it away and see what happens in 9 months... After all, a genius poster on here did call spurgeon. I would love for fj to go 2/2 on benessa baby names. 

20 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I could legit see benessa using this name. Let's file it away and see what happens in 9 months... After all, a genius poster on here did call spurgeon. I would love for fj to go 2/2 on benessa baby names. 

I actually like it better than Spurgeon, but I think it's because it reminds me of Mowgli from The Jungle Book. It's a name that would fit a rambunctious little boy. Not a name I would give to a child, but it fits a kid better than Spurgeon.

As for future names I hope/predict the Duggar girls use (but they won't)...

For Jessa: Martin, Eliza, Susannah, Gabriel, Winthrop (THE WELLTH FARGO WAGON!), Bradstreet (though that would be paying tribute to Anne Bradstreet and we can't honor a silly woman who took time she could have spent being Joyfully Available to write poetry), Hope, Liberty (because that evil harpy Hillary is coming to TURK DA GURNS), Endeavour (OK, I actually kinda dig that as a middle name, but I think it's because I like the TV show so much)

For Jill: Selah (she already said she was going to name Izzy that if he had been a girl), Miriam, Diego (which is a variation of James in Spanish), Abel, Esther, Mariah, Isaac, Tzipporah

Jinger I have no clue. I could see her going pretty tryndy: lots of y's and i's in girls' names, x's in boys' names.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:34 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I was actually confused on the title because I thought kinda the same thing :pb_lol: I was like "Is this a mythical character in the bible I don't know??"

But I get it now it's based on their names, which is great. But not to be "that guy", shouldn't it be Dillderael then?

I mean it doesn't really matter either way

37 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I actually like it better than Spurgeon, but I think it's because it reminds me of Mowgli from The Jungle Book. It's a name that would fit a rambunctious little boy. Not a name I would give to a child, but it fits a kid better than Spurgeon.

As for future names I hope/predict the Duggar girls use (but they won't)...

For Jessa: Martin, Eliza, Susannah, Gabriel, Winthrop (THE WELLTH FARGO WAGON!), Bradstreet (though that would be paying tribute to Anne Bradstreet and we can't honor a silly woman who took time she could have spent being Joyfully Available to write poetry), Hope, Liberty (because that evil harpy Hillary is coming to TURK DA GURNS), Endeavour (OK, I actually kinda dig that as a middle name, but I think it's because I like the TV show so much)

For Jill: Selah (she already said she was going to name Izzy that if he had been a girl), Miriam, Diego (which is a variation of James in Spanish), Abel, Esther, Mariah, Isaac, Tzipporah

Jinger I have no clue. I could see her going pretty tryndy: lots of y's and i's in girls' names, x's in boys' names.

I hope Jinger chooses the most basic, plain and normal names she can think of because she's over the yooo-neek spelling of her own name. 

4 hours ago, habert said:

I was actually confused on the title because I thought kinda the same thing :pb_lol: I was like "Is this a mythical character in the bible I don't know??"

But I get it now it's based on their names, which is great. But not to be "that guy", shouldn't it be Dillderael then?

I mean it doesn't really matter either way

I would have understood that. I feel silly, because I still hadn't figured it out. I'm not the most linear person, but I am when it comes to spelling.

5 hours ago, Casserole said:

I hope Jinger chooses the most basic, plain and normal names she can think of because she's over the yooo-neek spelling of her own name. 

Well, aside from Mackinzie (which is actually a slight variation on a name that was popular at the time), Satan and Anna have given their kids normal names, so maybe JinJer will follow that example. And if they want to go with "J's" for themselves and claim it's for JBoob, there are plenty of nice J names that are biblical and also normal: Jonathan, Joel, Judith, Jacob, ... although I could see them going with Jehosphat.

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

Well, aside from Mackinzie (which is actually a slight variation on a name that was popular at the time), Satan and Anna have given their kids normal names, so maybe JinJer will follow that example. And if they want to go with "J's" for themselves and claim it's for JBoob, there are plenty of nice J names that are biblical and also normal: Jonathan, Joel, Judith, Jacob, ... although I could see them going with Jehosphat.

Why would they want to go with J names when there are 20 Duggars with J names already?

If they must give their kids names that begin with the same letter, they could go with "D" (for Duggar and for Diana) or "G" (to balance out the weirdly spelled Jinger) or "T" (after TLC) or "S" (after soccer or saint or sex)...

But they are not married yet, so we have a few months before they start naming their kids. 

Derrick keeps evolving. I wonder what his final form will look like? 

Izzy the Explorer with Jill as Boots the monkey 

Spoiler

On 7/30/2016 at 0:38 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Jinger's kids should all have horribly misspelled stripper names like mama! Sparkyl! Or maybe they will go with nice normal Italian names. Then we can hear JB or whatever Duggar say "oh they named the baby a nice Eye-talian name" 

Why would they choose Italian names? Jeremy, Charles and Valerie aren't. The father is Charles, too, of course.

I used to resent having the most common name ever, instead of Grandma's name. But Mom wasn't traditional in that way, nor was her branch of the family. I like carrying things on a little, so one of my daughters has my middle name and one has my mom's name as the middle. One son has his dad's middle name, one has his dad's dad's middle name. But with the other two kids, we focused mostly on meaning and sound.

I'd like it, though, if one of my daughters gave a daughter my name. It's just old-fashioned now, instead of tiresomely common. And if my mom's name was in the middle, it would sound quite nice, I think. But she might choose Jupiter or Cricket or Magenta, instead. Kids these days.

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Why would they choose Italian names? Jeremy, Charles and Valerie aren't. The father is Charles, too, of course.

I used to resent having the most common name ever, instead of Grandma's name. But Mom wasn't traditional in that way, nor was her branch of the family. I like carrying things on a little, so one of my daughters has my middle name and one has my mom's name as the middle. One son has his dad's middle name, one has his dad's dad's middle name. But with the other two kids, we focused mostly on meaning and sound.

I'd like it, though, if one of my daughters gave a daughter my name. It's just old-fashioned now, instead of tiresomely common. And if my mom's name was in the middle, it would sound quite nice, I think. But she might choose Jupiter or Cricket or Magenta, instead. Kids these days.

My family has tended towards the "use the first letter/variation of the name" way of carrying on family names. Especially after my aunt and uncle named my cousin after my grandfather, which elicited the response "why the heck would you saddle a kid with that name? Even I don't go by [firstname]!" (It was true; my grandfather went by a nickname his entire life, and only used his actual first name when he absolutely had to -- my cousin has followed suit). I got a J name (thankfully not one shared with a Duggar) because I have a great-grandfather named Joseph, and my sister got an A name to honor an Abraham in the family. I think I'll keep up the letter-allusion trend if I have kids, or go for meaning/variations.

I think you can count on at least one Anthony Voulo & one Mary Angela Voulo. After that, it's anyone's guess.

I could see Jinger going for something Italian sounding but very on trend: Arabella.

@backyard sylphYou'd be surprised. My husband's former co-worker and his wife just welcomed their first baby. They gave him a super Italian first name. They were both born here as were their parents. He's Italian and has an Italian first name that has become really normalized here.

My BIL and his fiancée are talking baby names now and they're really set on very Italian names too. Whether they have kids remains to be seen - we aren't sure if she's even mentioned to him that she's not sure if she wants them. You'd think that's something important that you'd discuss before getting engaged... :pb_rollseyes:

(Husband's family is Italian on both sides - his paternal Grandfather came over as a toddler in the 1920's and had a very Italian name, but everyone else has had names more common in the states and his grandpa went by a related name that was Anglicized.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived