IGNORED

Hostage situation in church in Rouen, France

Clementine

Two armed men who took hostages at a church near Rouen in northern France are dead and one hostage has been killed, police and media have said.

The hostage-takers were reported to have been holding between four and six people at the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray.

A priest and two nuns, as well as churchgoers, were among those held, local media said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36892785

Right now one newspaper says that the priest has been decapitated, although I don't know if that has been confirmed from the police yet.

EDIT: Right now they have changed it from decapitated to "throat slit".

I'm watching the news. They still refuse to say how the priest has been killed and how the hostages have been injured.

I'm just tired of this ! 12 days ago, Nice, now, a priest, what will happen tomorrow ?!  Damn, It's no more peaceful to live in France ...

1 minute ago, LaParisienne said:

I'm watching the news. They still refuse to say how the priest has been killed and how the hostages have been injured.

I'm just tired of this ! 12 days ago, Nice, now, a priest, what will happen tomorrow ?!  Damn, It's no more peaceful to live in France ...

I'm so sorry that the French have to go through this. It's extra scary when they start to target religious institutions.

Well sadly, I think those attacks will become more and more commun in here. France is one of the favorite European target, along with Germany, of Daech and co.

And yes, we'll probably go trough it but to be honest, I'm more and more scared everytime I have to take the train, or everytime I have to go to a public place. And my friends are the same. We are scared. We don't want to fight back, we just want it to stop! Enough is enough. The politicians keep saying "We are stronger than this" Heck, we aren't! We are killed !

4 minutes ago, LaParisienne said:

Well sadly, I think those attacks will become more and more commun in here. France is one of the favorite European target, along with Germany, of Daech and co.

And yes, we'll probably go trough it but to be honest, I'm more and more scared everytime I have to take the train, or everytime I have to go to a public place. And my friends are the same. We are scared. We don't want to fight back, we just want it to stop! Enough is enough. The politicians keep saying "We are stronger than this" Heck, we aren't! We are killed !

Hugs, LaParisienne. We too are careful about where we go and how we get there. It's a new reality that we are living in now.

I think it's time that our politicians come up with a plan how to stop the terrorism that Europe is experiencing now. Hashtags and candles and flowers and teddybears and demonstrations and "standing up for our society" and singing Imagine don't seem to help.

Can we simply call this the end of 2016 and start fresh with 2017? You know without a possible Trump presidency or more terrorism?

Archived