IGNORED

Florida stories

47of74

A Florida woman had a motorized cart adventure inside a Wal-Mart the other day;

A Florida woman has been accused of taking methamphetamine and driving a motorized shopping cart through a Walmart while drinking wine and eating sushi and cinnamon rolls.

According to a Citrus County Sheriff's Office arrest report, security officer Robert Gross observed 25-year-old Josseleen E. Lopez consuming $32.36 worth of food and wine inside the Lecanto store.

Gross says he watched Lopez open some sushi, eat a piece and then put it back on the shelf. He says Lopez did the same thing with a package of mini muffins and cinnamon rolls. He says Lopez also ate most of a rotisserie chicken.

• Upvote 4

Whew!  When I saw the thread title, I was afraid to open it in case it was about my mom-in-law.  She recently learned to drive a motorized shopping scooter, and then proceeded to knock over pretty much every display in the grocery store.  Oopsie!  Guess a little more practice is in order.

:wham:

• Upvote 12

After reading this article my thoughts are...

1) How much was that wine and sushi? The rolls and mini muffins are $4 at the most each.

2) Oddly I am not surprised or shocked..high and at walmart .."shocking" :tw_lol:

• Upvote 4

I love these sorts of threads. Pre-internet, the KC "alternative weekly" paper had a News of the Weird column that would have had stories like this. What I find odd is the combination, my stomach churns at the thought.

• Upvote 7

I love that it was a bite of this, a bite of that, then almost a whole chicken. That is a lot more than you usually see meth heads eat.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, FrumperSeamstress said:

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw the title was my grandmother? 

Not at all.  I could see some of my older relatives doing this too.

I remember about ten years ago a distant cousin of mine died due to a tumor.  In his younger days he was quite the character.  One time after the funeral my dad was relating the story about the time he made off with a cop car.  Was in a way kind of impressed that he had the intestinal fortitude to do that.

• Upvote 2

I'm bookmarking this because as a mystery writer - this is just awesome.  I am now envisioning a chase through the super center.

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, hauntedoklahoma said:

Well, to be fair, I'd probably put walmart sushi right back on the shelf too.

I tired trader joes sushi once it was awful.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doggie said:

I tired trader joes sushi once it was awful.

That's deserving of a Grumpy Cat meme.

3598253.jpg

• Upvote 12

This may be the single most fantastic thing I've read all year.  :pb_lol:

I'm with BackseatMom, I love the idea of her tasting her way through the store, like Goldilocks, until she gets to the rotisserie chicken and goes all "now THIS is juuuuust right," and eats the entire thing.  

Can you imagine being the reporter that got to write this up?  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2015 at 7:49 AM, clueliss said:

I'm bookmarking this because as a mystery writer - this is just awesome.  I am now envisioning a chase through the super center.

A really, really slow chase that would end in a Zombie meth-head nomnom feast, as those scooters could never outrun even a lazy Zombie.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

A Florida woman was somewhat upset when she found out that her engagement ring was a regift...

thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/engagement-ring-battery-018936

Investigators allege that Inga Daftartiene, 43, battered Bengt Nyquist during a confrontation Friday night in the master bedroom of their Vero Beach home.

As detailed in an arrest affidavit, Nyquist was lying in bed while Daftartiene was downstairs watching TV and drinking wine. At some point, Daftariene began “looking through old photos of Nyquist and noticed a picture of Nyquist and his ex-girlfriend,” cops noted.

The photo apparently showed Nyquist’s ex wearing the same engagement ring that sat on a Daftartiene finger. Nyquist told cops that, “Inga stormed upstairs and began screaming" at him about the engagement ring.

While Nyquist denied regifting the ring, Daftariene allegedly “grabbed a metal object that was attached to the bed” and “threw it at Nyquist’s head, striking him on the left side of the face.” Nyquist said that Daftartiene (seen above) became angry when he called 911, and that she chased after him and sought to punch him in the face.

She of course became a guest of the county for a while because of this.  No word on where the ring is now.

Her shallowness boggles my mind.  It's metal and rock and it was still a gift.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd be pissed too about a ring with this importance being a regift, but would have used a stereotypical cast-iron frying pan, Rapunzel-style.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

I'd be pissed too about a ring with this importance being a regift, but would have used a stereotypical cast-iron frying pan, Rapunzel-style.

I wouldn't be happy about it either, but I think I would just have a talk with the fiance. I'm not really the violent type.

• Upvote 3

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic