IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

So if Jessa IS pregnant, how will she upstage Jinger on the show for the world to see? Bridal shower? Rehersal dinner? 

You KNOW she will do it; she can't stand to have attention diverted away from her. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's why I have a modicum of hope for our Jinger:

This will be the first Duggar daughter allowed to live outside the state of Arkansas.

Her husband has alternative employment and will not be working for JB in some vague capacity

They will have to buy or rent their own housing, which means another degree of not being under JBs control.

Of course this could all go bust and J & J announce they're going to stay in Arkansas and do armchair ministry in a house given to them by Boob, but I highly doubt it.  Jeremy seems to be established in TX.  It's a church with a whole new group of people some of which may actually use birth control, let their shoulders show in 110 degree heat, etc.  Could be really expanding for Jinger.

6 minutes ago, nst said:

so why mothers out there is she doing that hair thing if she is pregnant? 

Going out on a limb here: maybe because she likes her hair that way. I pushed my hair that way when it was long, and I am not now, nor have I ever been pregnant. 

Just now, marmalade said:

So if Jessa IS pregnant, how will she upstage Jinger on the show for the world to see? Bridal shower? Rehersal dinner? 

You KNOW she will do it; she can't stand to have attention diverted away from her. 

She got Spurgeon's 8 month photos (which were very late) out minutes before Jinger's announcement.  There are all kinds of ways, big and small.

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

5) OT: Carlin has a secret instagram? When did this happen?

A few months, probably? Thebatesfam is not following her, but Zach and Whit, John Webster, and Brandon and Michael are so it's legit. Creepy Becky begs thebatesfam to have her make it public every time they post. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I am sure they were engaged before they announced the courtship. They had to be assured a wedding was going to come out of any announcement. They can't afford missteps right now. 

Yeah I thought that when they announced the courtship too. It was all too perfectly manufactured with his website and stuff to not have a bunch of other stuff already orchestrated as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire wedding was already set and planned before the courtship announcement (not that their receptions take much effort from what we've seen!)

12 minutes ago, nst said:

so why mothers out there is she doing that hair thing if she is pregnant? 

She does look a bit puffier since the last time we really saw her which was when she was making food or showing us her maxi skirt? As an actual confirmed pregnant lady (2nd tri) I feel really fat, and round, and potato like. If I had that much glorious hair, I'd be draping it all over myself like that to detract from my potato lady look. Instead I cut my long hair in the first tri like an idiot.

I honestly don't know. She might just have had a sodium filled meal/be on her period/cried watching her little sister say yes to the man on bended knee and also wore a loose fitting blouse. Or she could be pregnant. Shrug. 

1 minute ago, trustworthy said:

This will be the first Duggar daughter allowed to live outside the state of Arkansas.

Her husband has alternative employment and will not be working for JB in some vague capacity

They will have to buy or rent their own housing, which means another degree of not being under JBs control.

Of course this could all go bust and J & J announce they're going to stay in Arkansas and do armchair ministry in a house given to them by Boob, but I highly doubt it.  Jeremy seems to be established in TX.  It's a church with a whole new group of people some of which may actually use birth control, let their shoulders show in 110 degree heat, etc.  Could be really expanding for Jinger.

Jill lives in Danger America, and Derick is in the employ of SOS, not Boob. Of course, that will all change when they come home and get to live in one of Boob's rentals rent-free. Who knows if SOS is paying them for whatever "training" Derick claims they're going to get while back the States? We'll talk if Jill turns up pregnant. Then all bets for returning to Danger America are off. 

Well, this puts Jinger on a nice plan to be pregnant in time so they can get a photo of Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and then makeup-sex-baby Anna will have all in one photo together.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

So we are right, Jinger and Jeremy were engaged in June? My wedding date prediction: October 22. 

Gah! Not my anniversary!!!

5 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Wasn't Derrick employed by Walmart before their marriage? No guarantee the Duggar fame won't lure this guy into full time Duggar brand work either. 

With Jing getting married and if Jessa and Jill are both pregnant at least there will be something to film this season. Are there any recent pics of Jill floating around? 

1 minute ago, MsSaylor said:

With Jing getting married and if Jessa and Jill are both pregnant at least there will be something to film this season. Are there any recent pics of Jill floating around? 

Nothing below the neck. 

I want to jump on the bandwagon talking about boys. A boy courtship/engagement/wedding will not be as fun as a girl one. Sure, we could see the boy going to get the ring and stuff, but the girl would have to be on board with TLC filming EVERYTHING-- their courtship announcement, engagement, engagement announcement, wedding announcement, trying on dresses, their bridesmaids trying on dresses, the entire wedding planning, etc.

The Bates and Duggars were born in front of a camera so this all seems normal, but I think they would be hard pressed to find a "meek" fundie with a "servant heart" who would be okay with the most important time in their entire lives to be filmed. Josiah found Marjorie, but how many others out there are willing to go that far to court a Duggar boy?

With Duggar girls, the fun part about weddings---the planning--- are controlled by the Duggars. But with a boy Duggar wedding, the planning is controlled by the other family. And what if they don't want to be filmed? Maybe they find a girl who doesn't mind being on TV, but what if she has a best friend who will be the maid of honor who doesn't? Or her siblings or parents don't?

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Jessa's pregnant. Calling it now. The face doesn't lie... She lost weight and then gained weight.

If she is pregnant does that mean we will bot hear the adoption talk next season? I seem to remember if she was pregnant she would not be eligible to apply for certain adoptions?

As for Jinger, it seems like this engagement is as much for her as it is for Jessa.  I think Jessa wanted her BFF back and Ben found a guy he could minster with so they will be a happy foursome. I wonder if they will share a house like the Brady Brides.

2 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

If she is pregnant does that mean we will bot hear the adoption talk next season? I seem to remember if she was pregnant she would not be eligible to apply for certain adoptions?

As for Jinger, it seems like this engagement is as much for her as it is for Jessa.  I think Jessa wanted her BFF back and Ben found a guy he could minster with so they will be a happy foursome. I wonder if they will share a house like the Brady Brides.

This - I think Jessa wanted Jinger to experience EXACTLY what she experienced because Jinger like Ben is interchangeable and she HAS To be like Jessa.  

it's obvious in every picture they post.

It is almost like because Jinger was single she wasn't worthy to be around Jessa and Ben 

3 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I thought about this earlier. I wonder if they would significantly delay an announcement until an adoption process could get started and then be like "oops! Didn't realize I was 5 months pregnant!" It's scary and sad - there's a reason the rules are in place, these two don't need 3 children under 2 - but I wouldn't hold it against them. 

Maci from Teen Mom has a lot more attention on her and pulled a similar stunt. She was "stunned" to find out she was 5 months pregnant just days after getting engaged. Nobody believes it, but if an adoption was already going through, would they be able to stop it?

I don't think Jessa and Ben will ever adopt. It's all talk to attempt to drum up popularity. Jessa will be constantly pregnant.

5 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I want to jump on the bandwagon talking about boys. A boy courtship/engagement/wedding will not be as fun as a girl one. Sure, we could see the boy going to get the ring and stuff, but the girl would have to be on board with TLC filming EVERYTHING-- their courtship announcement, engagement, engagement announcement, wedding announcement, trying on dresses, their bridesmaids trying on dresses, the entire wedding planning, etc.

The Bates and Duggars were born in front of a camera so this all seems normal, but I think they would be hard pressed to find a "meek" fundie with a "servant heart" who would be okay with the most important time in their entire lives to be filmed. Josiah found Marjorie, but how many others out there are willing to go that far to court a Duggar boy?

With Duggar girls, the fun part about weddings---the planning--- are controlled by the Duggars. But with a boy Duggar wedding, the planning is controlled by the other family. And what if they don't want to be filmed? Maybe they find a girl who doesn't mind being on TV, but what if she has a best friend who will be the maid of honor who doesn't? Or her siblings or parents don't?

Excellent point. Marjorie, as it's been discussed, had a tv ready personality and probably some interest in being on tv. But for most fundie women, this won't be the case. Look at Anna, she had to learn how to be on tv and eventually she more or less did. But she did not know what to do with herself in front of a camera because she, like most young woman being reared by hateful patriarchal god complex men, didn't know what to do with herself generally.

Any woman JD might be able to land is going to be a submissive child-woman who will probably fear being put on tv. Her wedding she might be able to be convinced that she's doing god's work by providing "testimony" to large audience! But the whole wedding process, that'll be difficult. Especially since JD's best bet is to find a struggling poor family that needs to get rid of grown daughters, since his best quality at that point is basically swooping them out of their trailer into riches and glory (a la Josh and Anna). I can't imagine an actual dynamic woman with prospects would want to tolerate JD just for some Duggar fame when Duggar fame is shaky right now and there are still "fundie famous" families with sons available.

Joe has a much better chance of finding an interesting wife, but I don't know if he wants that or not.  

25 minutes ago, December said:

Wasn't Derrick employed by Walmart before their marriage? No guarantee the Duggar fame won't lure this guy into full time Duggar brand work either. 

True, but he's already in a godly profession, so less likely to change to be more godly??

2 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

I thought about this earlier. I wonder if they would significantly delay an announcement until an adoption process could get started and then be like "oops! Didn't realize I was 5 months pregnant!" It's scary and sad - there's a reason the rules are in place, these two don't need 3 children under 2 - but I wouldn't hold it against them. 

Maci from Teen Mom has a lot more attention on her and pulled a similar stunt. She was "stunned" to find out she was 5 months pregnant just days after getting engaged. Nobody believes it, but if an adoption was already going through, would they be able to stop it?

Are Ben and Jessa still living in Josh and Anna's old house? I haven't kept up with the housing situation. I don't see how a home study would go through at a small 2 bedroom house for adoption if they are living there. I remember Jessa or Jill saying they had to be at least 9 months postpartum before they could adopt (or was it start the process)  and it hasn't been 9 months. I don't think they would stop an adoption over a pregnancy. I have heard way to many stories of women who struggled with not being able to have one child for years, finally adopting and then finding out they are pregnant. Of course these are usually older stable couples that are thrilled to have 2 kids, one adopted , one natural, not the baby collecting fertile Duggars.

I say Jessa is saving the announcement for a double pregnancy with Jill. Or even better at some point a People amagzine spread with Jill, Jessa and newly pregnant Jinger (pushing her stomach out).  I hate to even mention adding Anna in at some point for 4 pregnancies at once.

34 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

That was gonna be my next question - do we have any indication of where they're going to be? I hope Jeremy sensed the big city spirit in his wife to be and wants to run with her.

My thought was that Kim Jong Boob would ask Jeremy to take over as their home minister and he could "train" Binjermin as his assistant in order to keep JInger under his thumb

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

True, but he's already in a godly profession, so less likely to change to be more godly??

Maybe, but I can't help but think Boob will have this schmuck under his thumb also. I hope I'm wrong.

My thoughts, which are worth squat:

I think Jessa looks pregnant.

I think Jinger and Jessa would love to live close to each other. And it's a larger urban center! Jinger and (possibly Jessa) will enjoy that!

Spongy is still a super cute baby. He's growing up fast!

Jinger looks truly happy in most of the picks. I hope she will be.

Why the fuck is Michelle in the engagement photo?!  Woman you had your turn now let your daughter enjoy the spotlight for a change! Michelle is so annoying.

I also wonder if somehow Jeremy will find a job in northwest Arkansas and live in a rental.  I don't think John David is that bad, he just doesn't seem to care for the camera.  

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived