IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

18 hours ago, Destiny said:

This. That statement is a HUGE compliment. It may gross us out, but that's the highest of praise in these circles. Teenage!fundie!me would have been OMFG WTF EXCITED ELEVENTY! to have someone say that about me.

I nearly spit my pop on my work computer screen. Somehow I can't see "Teenage!fundie!me" saying OMFG or WTF. 

I cannot stop laughing.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

(BTW, I keep coming back to why the courtship wasn't announced at the end of the past season, and I am guessing Jeremy may not have been ready to propose and the Duggars didn't want the courtship announcement before the engagement.  It would explain some of the tension in pictures taken before June.  I am undecided whether the delay is a good sign or a bad sign.  It may just mean that Jeremy waited until he was sure. )

And we know now from (I think it's) the People article that he was in CA on a "mission" trip with her. I wonder if that is the same trip we saw where they interviewed her about going to a foreign country to meet a man. I don't think the cameraman even knew then because he sounded surprised when he asked if she had a secret. And... they played soccer... 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My husband is a bit over 6 years younger than me. There is a cultural gap sometimes, things he just doesn't get--Prince's death was one. He missed that. He was just that much too young to get it when "Purple Rain" etc...was huge. And there are shows and things he loved as a kid, that I was just that much too old for and they make me roll my eyes. 

Not to call it pop culture, but September 11 was the one that sort of made it clear how big the age gap was years ago. 

Being almost 15, I remember it very clearly and vividly and watching it all on TV and our teachers at school giving us space to talk about it and all that. On the other hand, Mr LBE was 9.5 and only has a pretty vague recollection of it compared to my very vivid memories of it. In 2001, 15 vs 9 was obviously a huge gap then, but it means nothing when you fast forward 15 years and are 30 and 24. 

1 hour ago, TeaGrannie said:

I nearly spit my pop on my work computer screen. Somehow I can't see "Teenage!fundie!me" saying OMFG or WTF. 

I cannot stop laughing.

So much that. Teenage!Fundie!me! said gosh and darn and heck and felt SO naughty doing it. I never said screwed ever because it might be talking about teh ebil secks. 

I'm making up for lost time now, because today, my favourite word is fuck. :-P

I have never gotten that "vibe" about Jeremy. I think he is a bit vain and probably thinks too highly of himself (Lawson Bates-type?) but nothing scary. He is the type of guy I might have had an ONS with but never any serious interest in. He would bore me to death as a spouse and I would not stroke his ego enough to be interesting to him either. 

I think that if they are indeed well-matched personality-wise I think Jinger might benefit from his age, his position as a pastor and the fact that he is not ignorant about the world. I don't think that JB will get to him that easily and if they want different life choices I am pretty sure Jeremy is going to make sure they do. I think they will stay fundie but I also think that they will make it their own fundie life. 

Going back to my bump post, I hope everyone realizes I was joking when I said it would be started the day of the wedding. I was thinking back to the Michael Bates bump watch, which was posted the day of (or very, very close to) the wedding date. I'm not actually in favor of such a thread. 

Just wanted to make that clear. 

26 minutes ago, Destiny said:

So much that. Teenage!Fundie!me! said gosh and darn and heck and felt SO naughty doing it. I never said screwed ever because it might be talking about teh ebil secks. 

I'm making up for lost time now, because today, my favourite word is fuck. :-P

Yeah, teenage Christian me would never have said fuck or any strong curseword at all, but today I swear pretty regularly :P mom didn't even like me saying OMG, which I always considered pretty mild, because that is "misusing God's name"... 

9 minutes ago, Queen said:

Yeah, teenage Christian me would never have said fuck or any strong curseword at all, but today I swear pretty regularly :P mom didn't even like me saying OMG, which I always considered pretty mild, because that is "misusing God's name"... 

In my family which wasn't very religious my mum didn't like OMG either so instead of saying "God" we'd say "Gosh". It also meant that if we slipped up we could just pretend that our mother had misheard it :pb_lol:

Jinger and Jeremy better not make Instagram accounts. These fundies don't need more attention. 

I predict John-David or Jana will get hitched next. If Jinger can get married so soon, so can they. Maybe Jill will try to play matchmaker for Jana like Jessa did for Jinger.

47 minutes ago, elliha said:

I have never gotten that "vibe" about Jeremy. I think he is a bit vain and probably thinks too highly of himself (Lawson Bates-type?) but nothing scary. He is the type of guy I might have had an ONS with but never any serious interest in. He would bore me to death as a spouse and I would not stroke his ego enough to be interesting to him either. 

I think that if they are indeed well-matched personality-wise I think Jinger might benefit from his age, his position as a pastor and the fact that he is not ignorant about the world. I don't think that JB will get to him that easily and if they want different life choices I am pretty sure Jeremy is going to make sure they do. I think they will stay fundie but I also think that they will make it their own fundie life. 

I think that J-B will have to back off slightly here. Jeremy has lived life. He obviously has experience of the world and a brain. Two things that J-B hasn't got.

The front hugs are happening because Jeremy isn't the slightest bit bothered about what J-B and Meeeechelle think. He is a grown man and will certainly never be found wearing marigolds, with his hands down a rental house loo.

Hopefully Jeremy does love Jinger and will protect her from her family without upsetting anyone.

I can't help thinking that Jessa is seething that she jumped in and married Ben. ( no evidence obviously) but she must have noticed the difference between a husband just out of his teens and Jeremy.

My parents are camping in Colorado, and have little to no reception. They have to go into a town if they want to log on to the world or call family, which they did today. Just got a call from my mom, and she wanted to talk about Jinger's engagement to the pray-the-gay-away pastor.

My mom also couldn't believe that Jana was only 26, and would still be stuck in that bedroom with all of her much younger sisters . My mom thought Jana was much older than that. Hmm, I wonder why that is. Does CinderJana's TV personality show that she has to carry the burden of raising her siblings? And does that make her appear much older than she really is? Probably.

27 minutes ago, season of life said:

Jinger and Jeremy better not make Instagrm accounts. These fundies don't need  more attention. 

I predict John-David or Jana will get hitched next. If Jinger can get married so soon, so can they. Maybe Jill will try to play matchmaker for Jana like Jessa did for Jinger.

Didn't Jessa say on Counting On she wanted to set John-David up but he wasn't interested?  She seemed kind of upset about it.  I would think it would be Jana or John-David next but it could be Joe :confusion-questionmarks:

So I did some Instagram creeping, Ben Seeweed replied to some commenters saying JinJer do not have an Insta account. Also, there was a ton of comments on Jessa's congrats post about JinJer of people saying they saw them in New York. Like more than one girl commented and was like "Jessa! OMG, I totally like saw like you and like Ben in NYC today! Please like my pictures :)))) !!!1!!!!11" and the comments were posted 23 hours ago.... So maybe they didn't get engaged last month because didn't someone say that the Manhattan skyline in the background? 

56 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

So I did some Instagram creeping, Ben Seeweed replied to some commenters saying JinJer do not have an Insta account. Also, there was a ton of comments on Jessa's congrats post about JinJer of people saying they saw them in New York. Like more than one girl commented and was like "Jessa! OMG, I totally like saw like you and like Ben in NYC today! Please like my pictures :)))) !!!1!!!!11" and the comments were posted 23 hours ago.... So maybe they didn't get engaged last month because didn't someone say that the Manhattan skyline in the background

I finally got caught up on this thread.

I looked into this yesterday, but didn't post in case it had already been addressed. That skyline pic was taken from the People offices at 255 Liberty Street, as far as I can tell. I'm not familiar with Manhattan at all, so maybe that's not One57 or the Empire State Building...

I agree with posters who think they got engaged last month (or whenever, but prior to yesterday), and that this was a staged photo on a terrace at People, which would explain their not being dressed up in the pics we're seeing now.

Screen Shot 07-27-16 at 05.00 PM.PNG

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

This forum was named after Jinger because people saw something in young Jinger that made them think she needed freeing.  It could be that whatever that quality was, which had to be suppressed in the TTH,  will be allowed expression in her marriage even if Jeremy has strong patriarchal ideas.  It may be that as "wife and helpmeet" she will have creative freedom (in the domestic realm) that she never had when she was "daughter #4."  Marriage will almost certainly not stifle her more than being a Duggar daughter did.

My thought all along is that maybe he sees something special in her that is stifled in public. Maybe she is still eye-roll-y, and he liked that spunk. 

We don't know anything about this guy, so until I see him more, I'm reserving judgement. 

2 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

So I did some Instagram creeping, Ben Seeweed replied to some commenters saying JinJer do not have an Insta account. Also, there was a ton of comments on Jessa's congrats post about JinJer of people saying they saw them in New York. Like more than one girl commented and was like "Jessa! OMG, I totally like saw like you and like Ben in NYC today! Please like my pictures :)))) !!!1!!!!11" and the comments were posted 23 hours ago.... So maybe they didn't get engaged last month because didn't someone say that the Manhattan skyline in the background? 

It looks like a backdrop to me

I'm really not sure what to think.  I see pics of them where her eyes are dead or seem to scream "HELP" but others where she looks very happy.

im working on convincing myself that the dead-eye and internal screaming ones are about the circumstances of how/when/where/by whom the photo is being taken rather than about her relationship with him.

7 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Things we're apparently looking forward to:

1) Jinger and Jeremy's courtship bliss.

2) Jill and Derick are returning to Arkansas after a year of balancing mission work and raising their 1 1/2 year-old son in Central America.

3) Ben and Jessa are experiencing all the excitement of being new parents and possible plans for adoption, while Ben simultaneously organizes a football camp with ex-NFL players to mentor kids.

4) Joy, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are reaching a milestone with high school graduation rapidly approaching.

5) John David, Joseph and Josiah could be seeking new relationships. Could........ but not.

Yeah, this is just a teaser to give them the appearance of a plot line. I think too many questions would be asked if these three weren't mentioned. But that said, where's Jana's plot line? Is she going to sink into the floor this season now that there's a courtship to carry the show (as opposed to a treehouse)?

Tumblr has posted screenshots of the promo. Lots of photos so click on the spoiler to see them.

Spoiler

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo4_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo7_500.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_oazqukjNSR1r9t2zdo5_1280.jpg

Poor Jinger! Terrible Acne on the chin. I feel for you. She does looks happy. I spot Michelle in the background; surprise surprise. Izzy is wearing a recent t-shirt sold at Target. He wasn't buying used. I recognized it. http://www.target.com/p/toddler-boys-t-shirt-circo/-/A-50455326

Here are the screenshots from the engagement video:

Spoiler

tumblr_oazqraaz9P1r9t2zdo1_1280.png

tumblr_oazqraaz9P1r9t2zdo2_1280.png

tumblr_oazqraaz9P1r9t2zdo3_1280.png

tumblr_oazqraaz9P1r9t2zdo4_1280.png

tumblr_oazqraaz9P1r9t2zdo5_1280.png

More from Tumblr:

So excited! Anyone know where they got engaged? A source tells us it happened in Manhattan. Haven’t been able to confirm that yet! Source: Duggar Family Blog

Lawson back it with the subtweets! He deleted it but he tweeted “Truth matters”. LOVE IT

Lawson just tell us the truth on your next Facebook chat. Where you used by the Duggars?

According to Ellie and Lily @ DuggarFamilyBlog:

For those wondering, the song playing in the background [TLC Promo] is "Brand New" by Ben Rector.

Two weeks ago, Jinger Duggar and Jessa Seewald shared their favorite outfits and fashion tips in a TLC webisode video. Who would have known that the outfit that Jinger showed off--a green dress that she scored for six bucks at a resale shop, coupled with a brown cardigan--was the outfit she would be wearing when her boyfriend, Jeremy Vuolo, proposed!

I am shocked the TLC did not buy Jinger an outfit to wear for the engagement and photo session. My cousin loves resale shops and finds the best deals; it's her passion.

FYI Ellie from the Duggar Family Blog got married to a dentist and has a new blog http://www.nashvillewife.com/

First time posting, but according to at least one person on fbook it appears the engagement happened in NYC recently. I took the screen shot yesterday if you're looking at the time stamps. I also crossed out the names of the posters, I'm not sure if that's required here but it is on some forums. 

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

As we all know they've been together a while and engaged for longer than they were publicly courting (seriously, why not just say you're engaged instead of doing the 'we're courting' dance) They already know the date and are probably spraying flamingoes as I type. It won't be as rushed as other Duggar weddings, maybe it'll be put together nice and they'll spring for something other than a car park.

I think there are several reasons they go through the "we're courting" dance:

1. This is a ministry to them and they need to show the leg-humpers the full process or they run the risk that the leg-humpers might skip the courting step and jump directly into an engagement without first prayerfully considering the relationship.

2. It gives the courting partner time to escape. If the person finds that they can't handle the stress of constantly being in the public eye, it's easier to end a courtship than break an engagement. (See Josiah and Marjorie)

3. It gives them that much more time to plan the wedding. 

4. The intermediate step of courting gets them more magazine covers and it fills up episodes of the show.

By the sounds of things (each time something to do with JinJer is announced) Lawson is a little love scorned.

On July 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You have to remember JB did an amazing job of making sure his kids are completely and utterly dependent on him for EVERYTHING.  I'm guessing not a one of them can read much beyond a 6th grade level.  The have enough "education" to not sound completely ignorant of human life. The only one I've seen that seems to have some fraction of intellect is Jana, and I've seen hints of possibility in Joy, but that mean those 2 probably are educated to about a 9th grade level. None of them could hold down a real job for any length of time they've been raised to grift and preach shamelessly.  Josh's what 11 months in DC were such an epic disaster it showed the family that leaving Boobs shelter is a really really REALLY bad idea. 

I have watched Jeremiah play chess and he isn't bad at all. I mean not the next bobby fisher.....I could take him based on what I have seen but he is talented when it comes to chess. He understands strategy and I believe he could accomplish a lot if he was exposed to science, math, social studies such as anthropology. It is sad to see the intelligent children get brain washed. I think Justin could also be very successful. I think he may not be the smartest but, I always saw something in him as a child. I was so sad to see him pushed into the Duggar business already fixing cars. Not that there is anything wrong with that but Boob and Michelle are pushing their children at such a young age into what boob wants rather than let them explore education. John David, although playing the folkesy part, I imagine he could have been a great engineer, had he had a proper education. i'm not opposed to home schooling but home schooling should be for children and parents who are advanced, or require special curriculum etc.. .        

9 hours ago, season of life said:

Jinger and Jeremy better not make Instagram accounts. These fundies don't need more attention. 

Sorry but I think Jana and John David will go down as the "old maids" of the group.  They have each other and for them that is enough.  I could be wrong.  Won't be my first time.  Just my opinion.

11 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

In that case, It might be more sensible, in that because he's sown his wild young man oats and been in the world a bit and subsequently settled down, he could be some sort of positive influence on her, while still not being too old to feel like a kid sometimes. I'd sure like that for her. But I do not personally know if she has the emotional capacity of a teenager; she might be age-ordinary in that respect.

Agree with all of this. I'm pretty sure none of the people who keep saying she has the emotional/mental capacity of a teenager intend it to be, but it comes off very insulting to me. We don't actually know Jinger, you know. 

And thank heavens we've toned down the Jeremy-the-abuser nonsense. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived