IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

Coordinating pregnancies would conflict with the Quiverful philosophy that children are always a blessing and pregnancy should occur on God's timing.  They would either have to use birth control or abstain, and the Duggar parents have spoken against both. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

TL;DR I'm sure at least some of the Duggar women will be pregnant at the same time, but I don't think it's necessarily odd, planned, or for the ratings.

No, there's nothing odd about that. But it might be considered odd to team-time ovulation, etc., and to do it specifically so that the Christmas episode can show four young women in specific stages of pregnancy. And so I find that sort of speculation, personally, its own flavor of...odd.

I know I'm guilty of speculating on Jeremy looking like a controlling asshole, but I can't help it. I have no other place to voice these thoughts. FJ is the only place that "gets" my weird fascination with fundie trainwrecks. :pb_lol:

I just get a really off vibe from the whole thing. I have since their courtship was first announced. 

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I know I'm guilty of speculating on Jeremy looking like a controlling asshole, but I can't help it. I have no other place to voice these thoughts. FJ is the only place that "gets" my weird fascination with fundie trainwrecks. :pb_lol:

I just get a really off vibe from the whole thing. I have since their courtship was first announced. 

Me too, there's Something I don't like about him beyond the typical Misogynistic fundie things. Something made him turn that way, something I'm sure the fj Sleuths will figure out. I don't know if it's domination or what.... 

53 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

FYI as soon as it becomes internet law that we can conscript civilians to forum duties you are so drafted!  

Nope.  I will never be drafted.  I am a renegade coyote.  Curious already knows this.  I live to swat FJ.

I may seem to agree with you evil (admins and mods) teamses a lot  -  but if you guyses ever step out of lineses and bug my asses I will be on your cute little tailses in a nano-second.  

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off Palimpsest(es)

I am actually very bolshie!  Be warned.  :lol:

Photos of Jeremy's family have been posted on Tumblr:

tumblr_oaxw6iRgZC1tjhh0ao1_500.jpg

Picture 1: Jeremy Vuolo’s (Jinger Duggar’s Fiance) mother Diana and sister Valerie playing the violin.

I could totally picture Michelle doing that; not! It looks Mother and sister are having fun.

tumblr_oaxw6iRgZC1tjhh0ao2_500.jpg

Picture 2: Jeremy Vuolo, which his siblings Charles Vuolo and Valerie Vuolo.

Jeremy looks so much better in this photo than his engagement photo. Really he could have picked a better outfit and shoes.

Wonder if Jinger will change her style given how Jeremy's Mom and sister dress.

I can't get any of the new videos to play. There was one on a news site posted earlier and then the one on TLC I also can't play. What gives!

I long to see her super happy and giddy. But so far I've just been able to look at the pictures. So sad. But it did look like there was a picture of a front hug somewhere? Oh man, I can't wait for Michelle and JB to flip the fuck out on one of the episodes like that. "They were just so overwhelmed by the love in their hearts for each other and each other's Godly spirits, but we made sure to handslap them for days after that, don't worry everyone. And then my precious Jim Bob made sure to remind them that only those who are married may partake in sweet Hey Hey Hey."

It is also sad that none of these girls can truly be surprised by their engagements and that someone is always there. I am not a fan of public engagements, and theirs has to be for the benefit of the audience on top of that. Super unfortunate.

49 minutes ago, Petrel said:

Duggar parents have spoken against both. 

Which doesn't mean that out of the house the daughters will always follow that path exactly. 

12 hours ago, Mrs. Figg said:

She seems genuinely excited in the TLC video snippet. And he pert near kissed her head. 

That ain't no side hug! :) 

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Which doesn't mean that out of the house the daughters will always follow that path exactly. 

The scenario mentioned would require 3-4 Duggar daughters or wives to collude in disobeying the Duggar parents' rules.  No. 

Also is a forehead kiss forbidden? It seems so unsexual to me. Just sweet. Not likely to stir up desires that can't be righteously fulfilled.

6 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

It's a board (bored) joke.

This is the fifth thread (hence the V).

The fourth was Jinger courts the jock.

But @Bad Wolf said she kept reading it as Jerk.

So I indulged her and my warped sense of humor.

(I have also made a mental note that someone suggested SCOOOOOOOOOOORE for the wedding thread.)

And honestly, on the bump front - I personally wish people would *not* start one the day of the wedding.  It's perfectly alright to wait until they actually announce.

Although it's close to scooorreee, I was thinking GOOOOOAAAALLL!!!1!1!! for the baby thread. Their announcements could also use that. A cute picture of Jeremy putting the ball into the net past Jinger who is playing keeper (without gloves, of course :my_biggrin:)

8 minutes ago, Petrel said:

The scenario mentioned would require 3-4 Duggar daughters or wives to collude in disobeying the Duggar parents' rules.  No. 

No it doesn't. 

My sister and I both had babies in the same month.  We didn't plant it that way though.  I'm gaining two granddaughters this year, but one of them is adopted.  Of course, she was born a few months before her girl cousin that was born last May.  That is just the way it worked out.

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

I think...it sometimes starts to stray into fairly fantastical territory, such that personality traits and motivations are assigned with the idea that because they do eleven crazy things we know about, they are up for every other crazy thing as well. Have I put that clearly? I guess I figure there's enough odd about this lifestyle without assigning it any old odd thing a person can invent. Odd in certain ways doesn't mean odd in every way possible. There, I think I nailed it that time. Personally I find it—though I hate to use more negative language—kind of tacky.

I tend to agree.  There is no need to start nitpicking about everything a Duggar or Duggar wannabe does.  And as @HerNameIsBuffy suggested, so much attention to everything about the Duggar women's bodies does sometimes seem to edge into holding them (and by extension all women) to some impossibly perfect standard.  For me also, the excessive preoccupation with sex and reproduction belongs in the Quiverful world, not mine.  But we come to this forum with many different interests.

I hope Jeremy isn't abusive or controlling but what person would marry a Duggar gal. A fame whore or controlling idiot just like the Duggars. The Bates suck people in the Duggar do too with their lifestyle. Ben married to fame. Derrick married for fame and because he probably likes the fundie lifetsyle. People know what Josh did and what Jimchelle hid. Why would they marry into this is beyond me

3 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Photos of Jeremy's family have been posted on Tumblr:

tumblr_oaxw6iRgZC1tjhh0ao1_500.jpg

Picture 1: Jeremy Vuolo’s (Jinger Duggar’s Fiance) mother Diana and sister Valerie playing the violin.

I could totally picture Michelle doing that; not! It looks Mother and sister are having fun.

tumblr_oaxw6iRgZC1tjhh0ao2_500.jpg

Picture 2: Jeremy Vuolo, which his siblings Charles Vuolo and Valerie Vuolo.

Jeremy looks so much better in this photo than his engagement photo. Really he could have picked a better outfit and shoes.

Wonder if Jinger will change her style given how Jeremy's Mom and sister dress.

Doubtful. They're going to be living something like 1500 miles apart. Jeremy's sister is based out of Philly, and from what I've found, Chuck Vuolo's church is somewhere in Maryland, but I guess close enough for Diana to play with Valerie in that one quartet together (Valerie seems to belong to several groups). 

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I'd extend that to speculating about whether someone is pregnant in general (before they announce anything) because so much of it is hyper-focused on the woman's body and that's just a bit creepy to me. I've had a miscarriage though and that likely unfairly colors my view on that type of speculation a good deal.

Thats just me though and I know that a lot of the posters here don't agree. So I'll just see my way out of any future "is she" or "isn't she" conversations. 

And I feel really strongly about that suggested wedding thread title needing to happen. I have a 12 year-old boy's sense of humor. :pb_lol:

I've never been pregnant that I know of, but I HATE pregnancy speculation in any context. I think it's highly inappropriate and distasteful. I know some might argue that they put themselves in the public eye, and talk about having all the blessings, but just... NO. I would be devastated to see people on the Internet talking about how my cheeks are fuller or I'm hiding a belly or whatever. The Michael Bates Bump thread made me cringe. I'm just not into it at all. 

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I am too. Derick and Ben look fairly derpy. Jeremy not only looks controlling but looks like he'd probably rag doll this poor girl. (Blunt and crude, I know)  He just freaks me out in a way that Ben and Derick didn't. I hope I'm completly off about all this.

I also find this highly inappropriate. @Mercer definitely said it best. But I actually loathe the speculation about Jeremy being possibly abusive, controlling, having a drinking problem, etc. In fact, in my experience, the most abusive man I've ever known, appears to be quite affable and kind to most people. I've been accused of lying by a few people about the abuse I suffered from that person. We simply do not have enough evidence to support any of these claims. His harassing a police officer, included. Any Thursday - Saturday night, on a large college campus, you're bound to see plenty of that behavior. I'm not saying it's right, but it does not make one an aggressive individual. 

First thought (sorry!) is Jessa being pregnant. 

Second thought was "does JB pick these guys for breeding purposes?"  I mean Derrick has the intellectual thing, Ben was pretty buff at first (and his mind was Play-Doh just waiting to be molded).  Jeremy is a tall athlete who could handle college and is on the rebound from sin. Seems like each is an upgrade (?) from the previous..

Third thought, I really don't believe any of the guys leave their collars buttoned up all the way like that. Most guys I know undo the one at the neck unless they're wearing a tie.

Fourth he still gives me an 'off' vibe. I don't know why its just...off.  Maybe its the complete staging of all of this, none of it is candid or natural so I can't get any sort of read on the guy besides fake

For my part, I'm not closed off to the notion that Jeremy is a Chad Paine Fundie Prince Charming who will be a good husband and father, but he just gives me douche vibes. I think it's the self-righteous playing up of his "college rebellion" (which consisted of being a bit of a dumbass while drunk one time), the fact that he's buddy-buddy with Ben (who's a douche), and the way he pretty much only talks about Jinger being sweet and meek and modest and humble (never about her being artistic, sensitive, good sense of humor, passionate about what she does, anything like that -- nope, she's just a good future baby machine who won't dress like a whore).

18 hours ago, obiwanfreak said:

I wonder if she'll have an Instagram account soon...

Maybe she just doesn't want a public account. She's probably seen the crazies that comment on her sisters' accts.

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

Maybe she just doesn't want a public account.

And she seems to be a lot more reserved person than Dill or Blessa.

OK, so some thoughts.

1) It pisses me off that I get excited about the prospect of the wedding, one shot of a ring and I'm thinking autumnal colours, boho dresses and food themes. :D 

2) As we all know they've been together a while and engaged for longer than they were publicly courting (seriously, why not just say you're engaged instead of doing the 'we're courting' dance) They already know the date and are probably spraying flamingoes as I type. It won't be as rushed as other Duggar weddings, maybe it'll be put together nice and they'll spring for something other than a car park.

2) They look cute together, they look happy, they're doing that thing where they're clinging on to each other for dear life........ I can't help but like it. I hope they'll be happy together (in fundie bliss). :D 

3) I hope they get to live their lives without Ma and Pa Duggar dropping in every 5 minutes checking up on them. For people who have a shed load of kids they sure do get around.

4) His family (himself and his siblings) are all very accomplished, clever, educated. Maybe this will rub off and their kids will get a shot at college :D 

5) I know we all get het up about marriage being the only way out for the girls and generally get a bit sad whenever a new courtship occurs but it does mean she's getting out, yeah sure, it may not be FREEDOM but it's a step forward into independent adult life and in the same way we've seen more of Jill's 'earth mother' persona and Jessa's 'I'm in charge' persona, we're going to get to see who Jinger really is.  

And finally, back to point 1. It pisses me off that this is dragging me back in to the Duggar circus, I'm in this until Josie marries....... :boom:

This looks like a full on frontal hug with Jinger struggling to get away before Michelle sees. It must be so hard for Jeremy not to be able to show her physical affection if he really does love her. In the photos we see a lot of awkward side hugs, an almost kiss on the head and in the one where he is looking down at her and she is looking up it would seem only natural that a kiss would follow.

369B30C600000578-3708737-Getting_close_I

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived