IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

I'm picking an October wedding date. It will be a harvest boho coffee themed affair. The colors will be orange and brown. There will be hay bales and gourds and a coffee bar in the church parking lot. Note to Sierra- you better have those heaters on hold in case it suddenly turns cold. Also, have backup coffee urns. I can see it now- they will have personalized sleeves for the coffee paper coffee cups. Jeremy & Jinger 4-Eva + Jesus and Coffee. 

Also, I'm team Jessa is Pregnant.  Jill probably is, too. Gag. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hernameisbuffy. Well, I certainly wouldn't mess with the scary banhammer guard. :my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Cassia said:

"Of course, everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could,' said Vuolo. "

I'm trying to figure out why the word "sacrificially" is in that statement...

If someone had a warehouse full of excess flamingos, could you spray paint them harvest colors, stick some Hobby Lobby feathers on them, and repurpose them as Thanksgiving turkeys? Asking for a friend.

38 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I do have to say I do not like the speculation that Jeremy is abusive just by a few photos we have seen. I have seen the speculation in facebook comments as well. That seems kind of much.

its so annoying i feel like FJ is better than this...i wish yall would stop

21 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I'm picking an October wedding date. It will be a harvest boho coffee themed affair. The colors will be orange and brown. There will be hay bales and gourds and a coffee bar in the church parking lot. Note to Sierra- you better have those heaters on hold in case it suddenly turns cold. Also, have backup coffee urns. I can see it now- they will have personalized sleeves for the coffee paper coffee cups. Jeremy & Jinger 4-Eva + Jesus and Coffee. 

Also, I'm team Jessa is Pregnant.  Jill probably is, too. Gag. 

Sierra posted a pic making some weird pumpkin concoction last week. I'm really skeered! 

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Well, it's a buzzword for them, kind of like "precious," "purposing," and "meek," but it still has a slightly worrying vibe, imho. 

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

If someone had a warehouse full of excess flamingos, could you spray paint them harvest colors, stick some Hobby Lobby feathers on them, and repurpose them as Thanksgiving turkeys? Asking for a friend.

Quick, someone text Sierra. That's brilliant!!! :5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

It's another compliment, like Destiny was saying meek is in those circles. Both are considered very high praise for a young woman.

1 minute ago, FundieFarmer said:

It's another compliment, like Destiny was saying meek is in those circles. Both are considered very high praise for a young woman.

This. That statement is a HUGE compliment. It may gross us out, but that's the highest of praise in these circles. Teenage!fundie!me would have been OMFG WTF EXCITED ELEVENTY! to have someone say that about me.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

THIS IS FANTASTIC. I just snickered at high volume but can't explain why to anyone else in the room because no one understaaaaaands like FJ. 

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now I'm even more confused about the culture of FJ. I would never dream of calling someone an ultimate asshole in one sentence and then tell the person to mind their manners. It's cool if I'm not welcome here. I just came to snark on fundies but if I don't fit in with the culture, I can go.

It is really quite easy to fit in with the FJ culture.  No-one needs to pick up their toys and leave.  FJ is very forgiving.  And so am I.

Just a PSA for those who rarely wander away from the morass of the Duggar threads.

- Focus on the evils of Fundamentalist belief systems not the individual person (or victim) of that belief system.  Avoid BEC.  (Harping on Jinger's love for self-tanning is BEC.  So is the recent pregnancy obsession and belief that all pregnancies are totally show and TLC driven. )

- Be prepared to be called an asshole.  Even an ultimate one.  On FJ we do not pull our punches.  Deal with that.

- Minding your manners = abiding by Moderators (helpmeets and admins) input (official or not).  If you violently disagree with the mods then argue your disagreements out in the Community Discussion Forum.  It is here for those who have not found it yet: 

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/219-community-discussion/

48 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I do have to say I do not like the speculation that Jeremy is abusive just by a few photos we have seen. I have seen the speculation in facebook comments as well. That seems kind of much.

I agree.

Partner abuse is a really serious accusation to make, and we really trivialize the issue if we start calling someone "abusive" because he's older than his partner, or he made a bad choice years ago with alcohol which he gives every indication he learned from, or he hasn't yet figured out how to pose in a non-awkward way for couple pictures, or he gives his future wife fairly standard fundie-speak compliments. It renders the term pretty much meaningless if any mundane thing is a red flag for abuse.

It also lowers our credibility for being able to call out serious danger signs if we give the impression we constantly see danger signs everywhere.

I don't have a particularly high opinion of anyone who would seek out an opportunity to marry into the Duggar clan, but taking a giant leap from that to spousal abuse seems over the top to me.

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree.

Partner abuse is a really serious accusation to make, and we really trivialize the issue if we start calling someone "abusive" because he's older than his partner, or he made a bad choice years ago with alcohol which he gives every indication he learned from, or he hasn't yet figured out how to pose in a non-awkward way for couple pictures, or he gives his future wife fairly standard fundie-speak compliments. It renders the term pretty much meaningless if any mundane thing is a red flag for abuse.

It also lowers our credibility for being able to call out serious danger signs if we give the impression we constantly see danger signs everywhere.

I don't have a particularly high opinion of anyone who would seek out an opportunity to marry into the Duggar clan, but taking a giant leap from that to spousal abuse seems over the top to me.

Thank you for posting this.  You said what I was thinking and couldn't quite articulate.  Very well put.

I was watching TLC and finally saw their video.  They both seem extremely happy.  I'm guessing a late October or early November wedding.  Regardless of their beliefs I do wish them well in their marriage 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely.

I may have said something similar in the past but not so eloquently.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree.

I just want to clarify...I posted about how Jinger always looks kind of crushed into his armpit in the photos of them with his arm around her. I did not think nor intend to imply that it is abusive or potentially abusive. I just find it awkward and weird looking and possibly uncomfortable (and maybe a tad fragrant in a bad way on a hot day, but I digress). That is all I meant by commenting on it. 

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It is really quite easy to fit in with the FJ culture.  No-one needs to pick up their toys and leave.  FJ is very forgiving.  And so am I.

Just a PSA for those who rarely wander away from the morass of the Duggar threads.

- Focus on the evils of Fundamentalist belief systems not the individual person (or victim) of that belief system.  Avoid BEC.  (Harping on Jinger's love for self-tanning is BEC.  So is the recent pregnancy obsession and belief that all pregnancies are totally show and TLC driven. )

- Be prepared to be called an asshole.  Even an ultimate one.  On FJ we do not pull our punches.  Deal with that.

- Minding your manners = abiding by Moderators (helpmeets and admins) input (official or not).  If you violently disagree with the mods then argue your disagreements out in the Community Discussion Forum.  It is here for those who have not found it yet: 

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/219-community-discussion/

All of this.  I would just add that if anyone does violently disagree with the mods then please pour yourself a French martini, take a nice nap, cuddle a kitten, or enjoy 6 or 7 hours of kickboxing...once you've remembered this is just a forum and there is nothing we can't discuss like adults then talk to us.

FYI as soon as it becomes internet law that we can conscript civilians to forum duties you are so drafted!  

Then I can go back to posting stuff like this...

Spoiler

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I normally never speculate I pregnancy of women in the public eye like celebrities or pop stars. But I make an exception for quiverfull fundies. They basically shout from the rooftops to anyone who will listen that they believe Guod should decide the number of children they will have and whore their litters out to TLC or anyone who will pay them. Sorry, speculation that you are pregnant every five minutes comes with the quiverfull territory. You don't get to flaunt your rejection of all types of birth control and then expect people not to speculate. 

The reason I don't want to speculate about Duggar pregnancies has nothing to do with their privacy and a lot to do with not wanting to give their uteri that much attention.

I mean, really,  there is nothing remarkable or unusual (much less special) about a married fundie woman having a baby.  

This isn't to find fault with the baby-bump-watchers.  If you find it fun, go ahead.  I agree that they have forfeighted any claim to privacy on this matter.  However, it is not really very exciting, is it?

I'm willing to hold out on the judging train on the uncomfortableness of their relationship until we actually seem them do some extensive interacting, we've seen a couple of quick, probably scripted videos thus far.... not much to go on.

21 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I just want to clarify...I posted about how Jinger always looks kind of crushed into his armpit in the photos of them with his arm around her. I did not think nor intend to imply that it is abusive or potentially abusive. I just find it awkward and weird looking and possibly uncomfortable (and maybe a tad fragrant in a bad way on a hot day, but I digress). That is all I meant by commenting on it. 

It looks awkward and weird because it is. I think that's why folks might tend to overreach and make it into something it's not. 

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

The reason I don't want to speculate about Duggar pregnancies has nothing to do with their privacy and a lot to do with not wanting to give their uteri that much attention.

I mean, really,  there is nothing remarkable or unusual (much less special) about a married fundie woman having a baby.  

This isn't to find fault with the baby-bump-watchers.  If you find it fun, go ahead.  I agree that they have forfeighted any claim to privacy on this matter.  However, it is not really very exciting, is it?

My problem with some of the bump watch stuff has less to do with privacy and everything to do with not scrutinizing other women's bodies pointing out tummies that don't look as flat as they did 3 days ago, breasts that look fuller...whatever.  It sleeves me out to hear a bunch of mostly women point out every pound, unflattering pose for a photo, whatever as if anything less than a perfectly flat tummy in tailored clothing is some crazy anomaly that might mean something.

Sometimes it just means they are sitting weird, wearing something frumpy and comfy, bloated or maybe gained a couple of pounds.  For the ones in the celebrity spotlight it honestly wouldn't bother me as much (or at all) if the speculation was after they were showing enough where it could be considered obvious...but it seems to start if one of them wears a baggy sweatshirt.

18 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I think...it sometimes starts to stray into fairly fantastical territory, such that personality traits and motivations are assigned with the idea that because they do eleven crazy things we know about, they are up for every other crazy thing as well. Have I put that clearly? I guess I figure there's enough odd about this lifestyle without assigning it any old odd thing a person can invent. Odd in certain ways doesn't mean odd in every way possible. There, I think I nailed it that time. Personally I find it—though I hate to use more negative language—kind of tacky.

I haven't followed this extensively since being bored to death by Jill and Jessa and disgusted by Josh.  I'm hoping she will be happy.  Him being a fundie pastor and significantly older I don't think she'll have the liberties that we would like. But I don't see any reason to assume he would be abusive.  I hope at the worst he would just overshadow her, and many women have thought themselves happy in marriages that were dominated by their husbands.  I hope she'll be happy, have a sensible number of children, and live up to her fiancé's claims of humility by not barfing fundie propaganda all over social media like Jessa. 

While I'm dissenting, I might as well dissent against what seems to be another common opinion on the thread. ;)

I think there's almost a certainty that at least two Duggar women will be pregnant at once at some point, but I don't think it's odd in the slightest. 

Carrying a pregnancy to term takes the better part of a year. It's not realistic that any four fertile young women who are trying to start or build families are not going to overlap at all. There would be no reason to prevent it or to base their own family planning on what's happening in a different household. I would find it a whole lot stranger if a couple was basing their fertility decisions on avoiding being pregnant at the same time as a sibling, and someone would almost certainly have to consciously avoid if they were determined to prevent any overlap.

I mean, think about it: Even assuming that every couple was able to conceive immediately upon trying, that would mean they would have to wait over two years to begin a pregnancy because a sibling or sibling-in-law was pregnant - and that's assuming only the current four with no one else in play like Jana or JD having gotten married in the meantime. That just doesn't seem realistic to me.

TL;DR I'm sure at least some of the Duggar women will be pregnant at the same time, but I don't think it's necessarily odd, planned, or for the ratings.

For the most part, I haven't gotten on the baby bump watch train because.....frankly.....I just don't care enough.  However, one reason that baby bump watching might be considered fair game is because, for this family, they seem to time the pregnancy anouncments to coincide with TLC's schedule.  Which I find eye roll worthy.  So, watching for a possible pregnancy and then waiting for the perfectly timed blessing announcement is snark worthy because it's so obviously an attention grab.  I would never criticize anyone for not having a perfect body, but for the Duggers, pregnancies are more than a baby, it's ratings!!! 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived