IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was... fast (or maybe I just don't have any concept of time anymore, which is highly possible... hooray for night shift and never knowing what day it is :my_confused:). I know this has been hashed and rehashed on here, but I can't wrap my brain around dating/courting/whatever for such a short period of time before running down the aisle. Hopefully they have a very happy life together... it's just all so different from what I've been exposed to or experienced in real life, so naturally it's hard for me to understand. 

What really boggles my mind, though, is how no one seems to be straying from this paternal approval + quick courtship + short engagement + omgmarried!! formula. Aside from the family and religious expectations that are drilled into the Duggar offspring's heads, you'd think *someone* would know it doesn't have to be this way and would want a different future. 

*shrug*

20 hours ago, Kira said:

The Duggars meeting Jeremy's family

tumblr_oaufcvg8O81r9t2zdo3_1280.jpg$

I couldn't edit my post :my_confused:

According to tumblr(duggars.tumblr.com) that's Jeremy's  family.

Jessa looks preggo, eh ?

7 minutes ago, LiterallyBananas said:

That was... fast (or maybe I just don't have any concept of time anymore, which is highly possible... hooray for night shift and never knowing what day it is :my_confused:). I know this has been hashed and rehashed on here, but I can't wrap my brain around dating/courting/whatever for such a short period of time before running down the aisle. Hopefully they have a very happy life together... it's just all so different from what I've been exposed to or experienced in real life, so naturally it's hard for me to understand. 

What really boggles my mind, though, is how no one seems to be straying from this paternal approval + quick courtship + short engagement + omgmarried!! formula. Aside from the family and religious expectations that are drilled into the Duggar offspring's heads, you'd think *someone* would know it doesn't have to be this way and would want a different future. 

*shrug*

not that fast if it was May of 2015 -they met and started courting December of 2015?

seven months later - longer than Jill less than Jessa

insane 

2 minutes ago, LiterallyBananas said:

*shrug*

You have to remember JB did an amazing job of making sure his kids are completely and utterly dependent on him for EVERYTHING.  I'm guessing not a one of them can read much beyond a 6th grade level.  The have enough "education" to not sound completely ignorant of human life. The only one I've seen that seems to have some fraction of intellect is Jana, and I've seen hints of possibility in Joy, but that mean those 2 probably are educated to about a 9th grade level. None of them could hold down a real job for any length of time they've been raised to grift and preach shamelessly.  Josh's what 11 months in DC were such an epic disaster it showed the family that leaving Boobs shelter is a really really REALLY bad idea. 

Well I knew it would happen sooner rather than later.  I hope they're both happy and all is well.  Wonder how long their engagement will be?

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

Well I knew it would happen sooner rather than later.  I hope they're both happy and all is well.  Wonder how long their engagement will be?

I predict wedding date 

October 8

Jill be pregnant by then 

Other predictions 

Line up here 

Just now, Nashville92 said:

I say three months, give or take.  Wedding in October.

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

I'm going with an October wedding, maybe late Sept. 

1 minute ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Yup, fall wedding. Tasteful harvest decorations.

Wait, who am I kidding? Sierra's idea of harvest.

Candy corn desserts for everyone!

Yup, fall wedding. Tasteful harvest decorations.

endless fall mentions 

Sierra is party mode and big eyes

we could write this ourselves

And only desserts at the wedding! No actual meal.

no no - we will get a sit down dinner in some hall 

because Jinger is different 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I predict wedding date 

October 8

Jill be pregnant by then 

Other predictions 

Line up here 

I think Jessa will be preggers for sure.  I'm starting to wonder more about Jill & Derick,  If she isn't preggers by years end, I'm going to say they are keeping the babies away on purpose, I'm still not 100% convinced he is full on Quiverful/Gothard. 

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jessa will be preggers for sure.  I'm starting to wonder more about Jill & Derick,  If she isn't preggers by years end, I'm going to say they are keeping the babies away on purpose, I'm still not 100% convinced he is full on Quiverful/Gothard. 

I see a little African american baby being pulled in a cart by Josie down the aisle while Ben looks on and Jessa is the matron of honor 

Just now, BabyBottlePop said:

Nothing wrong with a desserts only reception, if the desserts are actually appropriate for the season and setting of the blessed transfer of authority er, I mean wedding. Ice cream in a parking lot in November? Tacky AF. Warmed apple cider and pumpkin spice cake in the fellowship hall or gym of the church? Getting much better! 

I really hope her wedding ensemble includes an across the forehead headband look-- I'm blanking on what you would call that. Would fit in with her 'hippie' (Duggar hippie) vibe.. It's always sad when you see the tiny bits of individuality they show, I don't think they're capable of showing more than a bit. 

3 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

This what my husband and I did. Everyone enjoyed it and still talk about it. Everyo n e has personal preferences. 

17 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

image.jpeg

Lol, whose hand is on the kid in the striped shirt? It looks like that hand is just floating there. Holy spirit??

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived