IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

Honestly, from that Video, she wasn't just weak or dizzy. She was physically unable to hold herself up or take steps forward. Also does not explain why her campaign lied. If she had pneumonia why not be forthcoming with it on Friday? 

1 hour ago, Florita said:

I thought Clinton's sickness was conspiracy theory nonsense, but now I'm a believer. Too many odd incidents to dismiss. 

I don't follow politics much and I wasn't even aware that there was a conspiracy theory. But I agree. 

• Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Pneumonia is not a perfectly rational explanation for being unable to hold herself up one minute and walking down the street looking perfectly fine later. It also doesn't explain why, if she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, her campaign lied about it. Also concerning is how her staff reacted, or basically didn't, to this episode, making me think that this is not the first time they've seen her like this. 

For the record, I'm not a trump supporter;)

It seems legit to me. I had bilateral pneumonia several years back due to West Nile and there were plenty of times I felt like I could not put one foot forward and other times when I could. It took awhile to feel like myself again. 

I find this whole concern about Hillary's health from the Right to be laughable at best. I mean, this is the only time they have given a crap about a woman and her health. God knows they have bent over backwards for years to make sure women did not have access to healthcare. But because now they have a woman that could beat them and get into the Oval Office, suddenly they want to act concerned. The "concern" from the Right is wrapped in conspiracy and trying to discredit her. Nothing more. 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

It actually is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Hillary could very well have walking Pneumonia. My brother-in-law had it as a Sophmore or Freshman in college - he was mostly functional, but had moments where he had trouble walking and breathing as well. Very similar to what Hillary experienced the other day.

Difficulty breathing - which can be worsened in heat and humidity - can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. This is likely what caused Hillary to stumble a bit. After spending a short time in her daughter's air conditioned apartment she was ok again because her breathing probably went back to normal in the cool air.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37336943?client=safari

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/walking-pneumonia

She was at high risk of getting sick due to close contact with tons of people over the past few months. Pneumonia is very commonly diagnosed this time of year. I honestly see nothing odd or suspicious.

I've had pneumonia three times. Pneumonia combined with dehydration could very well make a person shaky on their feet. And getting some hydration would allow the patient to recover enough and quickly to walk normally. When my dad had cancer, he had severe dehydration at least twice and an underweight extremely ill cancer patient would perk up about halfway through getting IV hydration. 

• Upvote 5

I guess time will tell. If she is gravely ill they aren't going to be able to hide it much longer, especially now that people are looking for it. FWIW, pneumonia does not explain her jerky head movements and incoherent sentences at times. Something is off. And again, no one wants to address why her campaign lied about her pneumonia. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Her campaign not releasing a statement that she had pneumonia is not lying. I just listened to an interview from Kaine. He said she wanted to power through after getting the diagnosis. In my opinion, she was in a no win situation. If she had released a statement stating she had pneumonia, I could see it feeding right wing conspiracies. In hindsight, it would have been better for her to say something.

Edited to add that I made the mistake of googling Clinton illness and discovered some think she is using a body double to cover the illness. The crazy is strong with these people.

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/hillary-clinton-body-double-teresa-barnwell/

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Snarkylark said:

I guess time will tell. If she is gravely ill they aren't going to be able to hide it much longer, especially now that people are looking for it. FWIW, pneumonia does not explain her jerky head movements and incoherent sentences at times. Something is off. And again, no one wants to address why her campaign lied about her pneumonia. 

How did they lie? They did not disclose, I would assume, knowing people are wanting to blow this up into something more than it is. I mean, the woman can't fart without someone claiming she is on her deathbed. 

The whole situation just bothers me and highlights how women are treated much differently. Donald Trump produces an obvious bogus letter from a not so ethical physician and it does not get that much attention nor do people question his health, but Hillary gets creamed by conspiracy theory sites with made up information and people take it as the gospel. Hillary discloses she has pneumonia and suddenly she is unfit for the presidency and every internet doctor comes out to diagnosis her. Crap. Pure crap....if you ask me. Where people this concerned about King Ronald? What about Dick Cheney? I guess I should not expect much from a party that also complains Hillary does not smile enough or super bubbly. Apparently the presidency is actually a Miss Congeniality contest. Who knew? 

Edited by Mecca
  • Upvote 13

I expect that had Clinton missed events and publicly stated it was due to pneumonia, all these armchair doctors would be claiming pneumonia's nothing and referencing the times they continued working with walking pneumonia.

Also, it's common knowledge that perfectly healthy soldiers and others who are required to stand in formations in uniforms can pass out even in comfortable weather. I doubt they end up unable to function the rest of the day because of it. I've had my own experiences of feeling faint due to low blood sugar or even an illness but being back to normal with just an hour or two of rest and rehydration. I'm not that weird; I don't understand why suddenly a fainting episode is such a freaking drama (oh wait, because Clinton, right).

• Upvote 15

What is consider gravely ill, though? God forbid Hillary coughs because people will say she has lung cancer. She trips up some stairs and she has MS. She shakes her head at a reporter trying to be funny and she has Vascular Dementia. Many people have been looking for it already as a way to scare the under informed. The woman can't win. She tells people she has pneumonia and she is just too sickly and can't do the job. If she does not disclose, she is covering it up and a liar. 

I guess I am gravely ill, too. I cough like a crow at times due to a combo of allergies, reflux and asthma. I trip because I am clumsy at times. I shake my head at people because I am sassy like like. I guess I better just hang it up because I am just too delicate to function. 

• Upvote 15

There was a lot made of McCain's health during the 2008 election. If he had been carried to a van with his feet dragging behind him the "To Sick To Serve" headlines would have been everywhere.

When were women denied care for pneumonia? The middle ages?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

I find this whole concern about Hillary's health from the Right to be laughable at best. I mean, this is the only time they have given a crap about a woman and her health. God knows they have bent over backwards for years to make sure women did not have access to healthcare. But because now they have a woman that could beat them and get into the Oval Office, suddenly they want to act concerned. The "concern" from the Right is wrapped in conspiracy and trying to discredit her. Nothing more. 

And let's say she wins despite being deathly ill and dies in office. What's the worst that happens? Tim Kaine becomes President. 

Meanwhile if the Republican candidate really is healthy as a horse and wins, it means we have...Donald Trump as President.

I don't get what the big deal is. And I wouldn't have given two craps about McCain's heart issues except that he made Palin his VP. 

• Upvote 16

I would hope that someone in their 60s would be very careful as pneumonia could be quite serious....I don't know the what for about viral or bacterial.....but I don't think it is very good to allow yourself to get run down with an illness like that. So, she should rest and as people say, one does recover from this, but not as easily if you run yourself down too far.

Got my degree from WhoIsAnMdToday.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Florita said:

There was a lot made of McCain's health during the 2008 election. If he had been carried to a van with his feet dragging behind him the "To Sick To Serve" headlines would have been everywhere.

When were women denied care for pneumonia? The middle ages?

Women are denied care in this country daily. You think PLanned Parenthood just deals with one area of medicine? Who do you think has cut funding for PP? What about the discrimation from insurance companies for women's healthcare needs? Last year when my husband changed jobs and we had to take out private policies for insurance, I had to pay double the premium simply because I was a woman. Woman are charged differently than men when it comes to billing resulting in higher out-of-pocket costs that can discourage people from seeking care due to affordability. There are many doctors that still use the old BS thinking of "hysterical" women and ignore their concerns when it comes to heart disease and other issues. The ACA has helped in some areas in regards to discrimination and insurance for women, but there are loopholes that still allow discrimination to happen. 

The way Hillary is being treated is an example of how many woman are treated when it comes to healthcare and the workforce in the U.S. 

Edited by Mecca
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

What is consider gravely ill, though? God forbid Hillary coughs because people will say she has lung cancer. She trips up some stairs and she has MS. She shakes her head at a reporter trying to be funny and she has Vascular Dementia. Many people have been looking for it already as a way to scare the under informed. The woman can't win. She tells people she has pneumonia and she is just too sickly and can't do the job. If she does not disclose, she is covering it up and a liar. 

I guess I am gravely ill, too. I cough like a crow at times due to a combo of allergies, reflux and asthma. I trip because I am clumsy at times. I shake my head at people because I am sassy like like. I guess I better just hang it up because I am just too delicate to function. 

Sorry, I don't see that as her shaking her head at a reporter to be funny. It just wasn't. She appeared not aware of or in control of what she was doing. The reporter was also alarmed at the incident. 

Edited by Snarkylark
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I would hope that someone in their 60s would be very careful as pneumonia could be quite serious....I don't know the what for about viral or bacterial.....but I don't think it is very good to allow yourself to get run down with an illness like that. So, she should rest and as people say, one does recover from this, but not as easily if you run yourself down too far.

Got my degree from WhoIsAnMdToday.

It appears several on Hillary's staff are also sick, so it is not just her. Also, she is taking antibiotics, so I would assume her pneumonia is bacterial.

I hope people understand that Hillary is not the only candidate to have gotten ill on the campaign trail. It is actually rather common because the process is so grueling. 

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Women are denied care in this country daily. You think PLanned Parenthood just deals with one area of medicine? Who do you think has cut funding for PP?

Why do you presume to know what I think?? You don't know me and you don't know anything about me. Are you trying to convince me that PP does chest xrays to screen for pneumonia?

37 minutes ago, Mecca said:

The way Hillary is being treated is a example of how many woman are treated when it comes to healthcare and the workforce in the U.S. 

Clinton is a multi-millionaire elitist snob, she has zero in common with women in the workforce.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I am not coming at you, Florita. I am having a calm and rational discussion about true issues that affect women. I am asking you pointed questions to get you to think about how medicine is different for women. I have worked in the medical industry as a nurse in indigent care for years, so I have seen up close the discrimination of women in healthcare. I am not just pulling things out my can just to make you mad. 

PP does do vaccines such as Flu and pneumonia. Because of the funding cuts from the GOP, there have been more people at risk for pneumonia. And yes, if someone comes into a clinic with  symptoms and pneumonia is suspected, a chest x-ray will be ordered. PP does do general care in some areas, but because of the funding cuts they have had to cut  a lot of what they do. That puts women at risk because women mainly use those clinics.

Regardless of how you may feel about Hillary, the truth is there is a lot of sexism here when in comes to how she is treated. She is treated different than her male opponents. Surely we can agree on that, no? 

• Upvote 7

Ok. So. I had pneumonia in December / January. I'm a walker. I walk everywhere I can and hate driving. I flew out of town in December and had to take breaks walking through LAX (which isn't terribly big) to my gate because I was getting lightheaded and tripping over my feet. It's distinctly possible for her to do the same in NYC in the heat. I've been there in September. It's hot as actual fuck and humid besides.

Also, that "stumble"? I've done the same thing and been caught in the same way simply tripping over my feet. IMHO it would be a done story if she weren't all delicate cos vagina.

This sums up my feelings on the matter nicely:

cde7dfe249d237efa50cffe2be3c83bd.jpg

Thanks@choralcrusader8613!

• Upvote 21

Sorry, I don't see that as her shaking her head at a reporter to be funny. It just wasn't. She appeared not aware of or in control of what she was doing. The reporter was also alarmed at the incident. 

I saw a report several weeks back talking about that event because Sean Hannity was making a big deal about Hillary's head shake. One of the reporters in question at the event said she did not think anything about it and said Hillary was trying to be funny. 

I actually feel bad for Hillary. She gets smack because people say she does not show a funny or human side and when she does people claim she is terminal. She truly can't win. 

• Upvote 13

Watch at your own risk.  The doctor on the video is an anesthesiologist (AKA, a doctor who doesn't diagnose patients with anything.  EVER.)

I do believe that jerk has been dipping into the propofol. How completely unprofessional and unethical, BTW. He is basing his medical opinion on crap conspiracy theories and edited clips without back ground. Frankly, people like this should not be allowed to practice. I would not trust him to put a cockroach under.

It is sad we have come to this type of attack on candidates. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

I do believe that jerk has been dipping into the propofol. How completely unprofessional and unethical, BTW. He is basing his medical opinion on crap conspiracy theories and edited clips without back ground. Frankly, people like this should not be allowed to practice. I would not trust him to put a cockroach under.

It is sad we have come to this type of attack on candidates. 

I learned something very important from watching that video. When looking for a new physician, always check YouTube to see if said doctor makes a video where he or she uses someone from Infowars as a trusted source of information. If you find any physicians on your list doing that, kindly remove them, so that they can focus their efforts towards helping the shape shifting lizard people.

Also, I also learned that Huma Abedin is still a scary Muslim. :pb_rollseyes:  

Anyone else having flashbacks of Dr. Bill Frist diagnosing Terri Schiavo from video tapes during the George W. Bush administration? 

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

I learned something very important from watching that video. When looking for a new physician, always check YouTube to see if said doctor makes a video where he or she uses someone from Infowars as a trusted source of information. If you find any physicians on your list doing that, kindly remove them, so that they can focus their efforts towards helping the shape shifting lizard people.

Also, I also learned that Huma Abedin is still a scary Muslim. :pb_rollseyes:  

Anyone else having flashbacks of Dr. Bill Frist diagnosing Terri Schiavo from video tapes during the George W. Bush administration? 

SHAPE SHIFTING LIZARD PEOPLE!!!!! Hahaha! Can't beathe. Too funny.

I am surprised he did not interview Bat Boy. 

• Upvote 3

If it is proven that Hillary is suffering from Alzheimer's or worse, I hope you all will be the first to admit you were wrong! FWIW, an anesthesiologist IS a medical doctor and has more specialized training than a family practice doctor who can diagnose and treat. They also make a lot more money than PCPs. I know some very bright and some not so bright anesthesiologists;)

• Downvote 1