IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

@PraiseDog: The ones I know where old enough to vote in the last one. They're in their early 20s. And they are angry that the country isn't far let enough while only voting in the Presidential elections. 

My 21 year old Bernie Bro nephew, who told me that women cannot lead and if I were a man I would understand that, not only did not vote in the midterms, he also did not bother to vote in our state's caucus. Neither did any of his pack of friends. It was "too early in the morning". Rolling out of bed to be somewhere by 10 a.m. is too hard. Insulting the aunt who helped raise you with misogynist shit you learned from your redneck step-father is apparently required, though. 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My 21 year old Bernie Bro nephew, who told me that women cannot lead and if I were a man I would understand that, not only did not vote in the midterms, he also did not bother to vote in our state's caucus. Neither did any of his pack of friends. It was "too early in the morning". Rolling out of bed to be somewhere by 10 a.m. is too hard. Insulting the aunt who helped raise you with misogynist shit you learned from your redneck step-father is apparently required, though. 

Perhaps the elections are better off without their votes? 

• Upvote 7

Another Republican has endorsed Hillary Clinton: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/politics/meg-whitman-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive and Republican fund-raiser, said Tuesday that she would support Hillary Clinton for president and give a “substantial” contribution to her campaign in order to stop Donald J. Trump, whom she berated as a threat to American democracy.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I'm sorry. That must be hard to have to listen to. Whenever I hear someone say offensive crap like "women cannot lead," I donate 5 dollars to Hillary's campaign. I'm currently avoiding Facebook because my extended family members would cause me to go broke if I read all the offensive stuff they're currently putting on there. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

I'm Pro-Life.  And I'm Voting For Hillary.

http://www.shannondingle.com/blog//im-pro-life-and-im-voting-for-hillary-heres-why

Very insightful.

This blog post actually inspired my first ever politically opinionated facebook post. Well, I've written it out at least. Sharing stuff on facebook is pretty scary these days. But it was a really great read! Thanks for posting this! 

• Upvote 2

Thought you guys might enjoy reading this. It's an OpEd I saw on nytimes.com this morning:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/opinion/campaign-stops/i-ran-the-cia-now-im-endorsing-hillary-clinton.html

It was written by Michael J. Morell who ran the CIA for 33 years. So I would assume he knows more than the average American about national security.

• Upvote 4

@smittykins, the article you posted is the best I have ever read in explaining that pro-life is more than anti-abortion. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 2

A new poll is out. Hillary Clinton is 4 points ahead in GEORGIA: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/poll-clinton-leads-trump-in-georgia-226711

Accoridng to fivethiryeight, Clinton's chances of winning are now 81.7%, which I believe is the highest it's ever been so far. 

And here's an interesting article about Republicans who are voting for Clinton:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/republicans-who-support-hillary-clinton/494636/

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 2

On 7/27/2016 at 9:47 PM, RoseWilder said:

Her resume of accomplishments is really impressive. It's really disappointing that this doesn't get more media attention. She has done so much to improve the lives of women, children, minorities, people with disabilities, etc. 

I also admire that no matter how many times the Republicans try to knock her down, she keeps on going.  That's the kind of tenacity that I want in a President. 

Right, because EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Trump bleats, the press falls all over themselves to report it,  and will NOT discuss Hillary's  substantial accomplishments or give equal time to discuss her vision for the future.  I wish it was Oct 30th instead of the beginning of August.  We have 3 more months of crazy before the election. 

This latest is Trump blathering on about a video he saw that, oops, doesn't exist....but this is like an alien implant in the brains of his followers.  They'll believe it til the day they die.  

• Upvote 8

New polls were released today. A summary for those who don't have time to read the article: Clinton is still doing really well in the polls (and gaining in some of them) and Trump continues to tank. Clinton's chances of winning the election were 81.5% yesterday and today it's 83.1%: 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-clintons-post-convention-bump-is-holding-steady/

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 4

I just read a great article by a Republican who worked on Mitt Romney's campaign that explains why she's voting for Hillary Clinton. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/im-a-republican-voting-for-hillary-clinton_us_57afaa95e4b03d06fe8502e3?section=us_politics

As a female, it is my honor to be voting for a woman this fall. But because she is a woman is not why I am voting for her. I am voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton in November because, hands down, she is the most qualified ― nay, the only qualified ― candidate in this race. She is poised. She is fearless. She is intelligent, ambitious, hardworking, experienced, and dedicated. She is committed to keeping America great. 

Another great quote from the article: 

Now I’m scared of the America some people want to live in. 

With talks of walls, deportations, limiting the rights of women and the LGBTQ community, and a willingness to (happily) fire off nuclear weapons, the America proposed by the Republican party reads more like something out of a George Orwell novel than a 21st century American campaign platform. 

• Upvote 8

Hillary Clinton announced her transition team.  Impressive team, especially her choice for chief economist. The Washington Center for Equitable Growth, is a solid think-tank.

"Heather Boushey, the executive director of the Washington Center for Equitable Growth, will be the chief economist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-transition-team_us_57b3076de4b0863b02849e95

------------------------------------------

"John Podesta is a founder of the Washington Center for Equitable Growth. Podesta left Equitable Growth to serve as counsel to President Barack Obama before becoming the chair of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. Prior to founding CAP in 2003, Podesta served as White House chief of staff to President William J. Clinton."

http://equitablegrowth.org/about/

Edited by ALM7
eta...aggravated Huffington Post no longer allows cut/paste to reference a portion of their articles. Oh well...

• 4 weeks later...

Donald Trump is a Stwong, Powerful, Masterly MAN and would NEVER get pneumonia. Any self-respecting germ would disdain to be hosted by him.

• Upvote 1

Hillary Clinton does not seem well at all. I believe people close to her are covering something up. Speculation is vascular dementia. The neurological symptoms fit. Her collapse today had nothing to do with pneumonia, IMO. She couldn't walk or hold herself up. Very strange. Thoughts? 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Hillary Clinton does not seem well at all. I believe people close to her are covering something up. Speculation is vascular dementia. The neurological symptoms fit. Her collapse today had nothing to do with pneumonia, IMO. She couldn't walk or hold herself up. Very strange. Thoughts? 

I'm guessing the claims you are making are from those "leaked" medical records that hit Twiiter back in August?

The "leaked" documents seemed rather obvious forgeries, as they didn't resemble anything like standard medical records, they weren't printed on any form of letterhead, nor did they include the doctor's signature (as if whoever crafted then hadn't actually seen the genuine letter from Dr. Bardack and thus had nothing to imitate). They also exhibited some obvious formatting differences from the official letter issued by Dr. Bardack: In the "leaked" documents Bardack is listed as "Chairman of the Department of Medicine, Mount Kisco Medical Group," while the letterhead of the verified document references her as "Chair of Internal Medicine[,] Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine." The "leaked" documents also don't look like medical records, but rather like a report provided for purposes extrinsic to a standard medical charting (with no indication to whom or for what purpose such a report might have been provided).

We contacted the Mount Kisco Medical Group to ask whether the displayed documents matched internal formatting of medical records or reports but were unable to immediately reach anyone there who could answer that question. In addition to contacting the practice, we also asked doctors to review the "leaked" records to determine whether they contained obvious signs of fabrication visible to physicians (but not necessarily laymen), and they unanimously agreed the documents appear to be forgeries.

Http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-medical-records-leaked/

Of course, there's eleventy zillion YouTube videos refuting the information from Snopes, including one supposedly made by a medical school professor who says that Clinton only has one year to live, and those leaked medical records are 100% accurate. The statement below is from the description of his video about Secretary Clinton:

I am a professor at a medical school. I have taught at three institutions (currently in my third). I will not provide my exact credentials because several people who have tried to speak out against Hillary Clinton have been killed (look up "Clinton Body Count"). The Clintons have also ruined the lives of others who have spoken out, including Drew Pinsky. Drew Pinsky had his show canceled and received death threats, and Huffington Post writer David Seaman was terminated and is living in hiding for his columns about Hillary's health. Thanks for understanding the reason why I do not disclose my exact credentials.

Did you notice that when they zoom in on the supposedly leaked health records that when it talks about the medications that Clinton is supposedly on, that it doesn't mention the specific drugs she is taking, only what category they fit into?  Also, when her doctor decides to  increase the dosage of a drug, she never mentions what the original dosage was or what the new dosage is going to be. Wouldn't a doctor want to list all the prescribed medications and current dosages right there in the patient's medical record? 

Lastly, if I put "Hillary Clinton" and "vascular dementia" into my friendly neighborhood search engine, how come the only sites taking this seriously are the sort of fever swamp sites that make Breitbart look reasonable?

Whenever something is being spread by sites that spend their days yapping about crap like the New World Order, false flags/crisis actors, and the coming white genocide!!11!!, it's always best to take their claims with a tractor trailer load of salt.

• Upvote 13

For those that dont want to watch the YouTube video I embedded above, but wanted to see the page I was referring to when I spoke about Clinton's medication, here you go:

medical-team.jpg

• Upvote 2

When you combine the "leaked" information with the unusual behavior and symptoms we have seen from Clinton it becomes concerning. She is not well. Her episode yesterday seems to confirm that. FWIW, doctor's notes from a patient's chart do not contain letterheads or a signature. It is not "normal" for a well person to have to be propped up and supported 100% to get into her van. She couldn't even bear weight on her legs at all. And then to miraculously be fine later and walking down the street?? Nope. Something fishy is going on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

I am so irritated that this incident happened. It is only going to feed the conspiracy theories even though there is a perfectly rational explanation for it.

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, Ali said:

I am so irritated that this incident happened. It is only going to feed the conspiracy theories even though there is a perfectly rational explanation for it.

Pneumonia is not a perfectly rational explanation for being unable to hold herself up one minute and walking down the street looking perfectly fine later. It also doesn't explain why, if she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, her campaign lied about it. Also concerning is how her staff reacted, or basically didn't, to this episode, making me think that this is not the first time they've seen her like this. 

For the record, I'm not a trump supporter;)

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Snarkylark said:

Pneumonia is not a perfectly rational explanation for being unable to hold herself up one minute and walking down the street looking perfectly fine later. It also doesn't explain why, if she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, her campaign lied about it. Also concerning is how her staff reacted, or basically didn't, to this episode, making me think that this is not the first time they've seen her like this. 

For the record, I'm not a trump supporter;)

It actually is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Hillary could very well have walking Pneumonia. My brother-in-law had it as a Sophmore or Freshman in college - he was mostly functional, but had moments where he had trouble walking and breathing as well. Very similar to what Hillary experienced the other day.

Difficulty breathing - which can be worsened in heat and humidity - can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. This is likely what caused Hillary to stumble a bit. After spending a short time in her daughter's air conditioned apartment she was ok again because her breathing probably went back to normal in the cool air.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37336943?client=safari

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/walking-pneumonia

She was at high risk of getting sick due to close contact with tons of people over the past few months. Pneumonia is very commonly diagnosed this time of year. I honestly see nothing odd or suspicious.

• Upvote 17

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It actually is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Hillary could very well have walking Pneumonia. My brother-in-law had it as a Sophmore or Freshman in college - he was mostly functional, but had moments where he had trouble walking and breathing as well. Very similar to what Hillary experienced the other day.

Difficulty breathing - which can be worsened in heat and humidity - can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. This is likely what caused Hillary to stumble a bit. After spending a short time in her daughter's air conditioned apartment she was ok again because her breathing probably went back to normal in the cool air.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37336943?client=safari

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/walking-pneumonia

She was at high risk of getting sick due to close contact with tons of people over the past few months. Pneumonia is very commonly diagnosed this time of year. I honestly see nothing odd or suspicious.

Secretary Clinton has to wear a bulletproof vest under their clothing while campaigning. That extra layer is going to make her feel warmer than others at the very same event, and would also increase the odds of her becoming overheated or feeling faint. 

• Upvote 9