IGNORED

Tim Bayly, world class misogynist, voting for HILLARY!

Hisey

I just have a moment, but I had to post this because I am so astonished. Tim Bayly thinks women are too delicate and fragile to be in the military (though he himself conveniently was a  "pacifist" just during the time he could've been drafted for Vietnam). He thinks women should defer to men. he bleats on and on about the need for men to protect women. HE is voting for Hillary. For a really good reason! A reason I agree with entirely. He is afraid Trump could start a war.

http://baylyblog.com/blog/2016/07/first-blast-trumpet-monstrous-regiment-women

Trump could start a war, true. And now that they can draft women (did I get that right? I wasn't paying close attention but I think that's become the law) all those girls under 18 in his church and kindred spirit churches are vulnerable to being forced into combat.

Tim Bayly has a knack for sounding quite reasonable, even when he's saying completely unreasonable things. I take anything that comes out of his mouth or pen with a boxful of salt. However, I'll take your word for it that his reasons for voting for Hillary are actually reasonable. Can't often bring myself to read his blog.

Perhaps this belongs in the "Politics" discussion -- but I can't believe any evangelicals are truly snowed by Trump's sudden declaration that he's following Jesus. On the other hand, I had an acquaintance tell me, back when Clinton was president, that she voted for him because he was a Christian. Really? Apparently she thought he was, because it was reported in the news that he went to church. Or something like that.

No wonder christians have a name for ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Trump could start a war, true. And now that they can draft women (did I get that right? I wasn't paying close attention but I think that's become the law) all those girls under 18 in his church and kindred spirit churches are vulnerable to being forced into combat.

Tim Bayly has a knack for sounding quite reasonable, even when he's saying completely unreasonable things. I take anything that comes out of his mouth or pen with a boxful of salt. However, I'll take your word for it that his reasons for voting for Hillary are actually reasonable. Can't often bring myself to read his blog.

Perhaps this belongs in the "Politics" discussion -- but I can't believe any evangelicals are truly snowed by Trump's sudden declaration that he's following Jesus. On the other hand, I had an acquaintance tell me, back when Clinton was president, that she voted for him because he was a Christian. Really? Apparently she thought he was, because it was reported in the news that he went to church. Or something like that.

No wonder christians have a name for ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills.

At this point, I think many fundies just want a strongmen who will end social unrest (ie suppress BLM anfld LGBT activists) and return the US to how it was in the 1950s, despite this being impossible on a number of levels. Religion doesn't matter, they just want an American equivalent of Vladimir Putin.

Some clown wrote in in the comments to say that at least Trump was possibly pro-life and would maybe stop the massacre of the innocents. He didn't seem to understand that if there was a major war, there could be other kinds of massacres, and that both the unborn and the born could die.

Had to go look at this even though my first thought was "It must be from The Onion."

Shitshow is right - the vile Kamilla Ludwig has already weighed in with a quasi-dissent.

47 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Shitshow is right - the vile Kamilla Ludwig has already weighed in with a quasi-dissent.

Is she the Doug Wilson apologist?

Good for him. One less vote for Trump. Seriously America is screwed if he becomes president.

So surprising though, but I guess even Trump is too vile for some fundies to consider, even if the alternative is voting for a woman, which goes against their beliefs about gender roles.

Is she the Doug Wilson apologist?

Yes, though leghumper is also an appropriate term.

Would link to her slime on the web but I'm on Tapatalk at the moment so can't.

On 7/22/2016 at 2:24 PM, Hisey said:

Some clown wrote in in the comments to say that at least Trump was possibly pro-life and would maybe stop the massacre of the innocents. He didn't seem to understand that if there was a major war, there could be other kinds of massacres, and that both the unborn and the born could die.

Pro-lifers don't care what happens to someone once they're born.  It's all about the pre-birth.  Afterwards, starvation (poverty), disease (inaccessible health care), death penalty, war--it's all good.

I think Drumpf could care less about the unborn.
He clearly will say or do anything to become president. That clown is clearly naive if they believe for a second Drumpf will care about their pet cause.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. (Once, if it's digital)

The Stinking  Housewife, while not supporting HRC, loathes Donald Trump. Lately she mentioned Ivanka converting to

Judaism as yet one more reason to hate DT. It's funny though because her  faithful MRAs idolize DT. It's great to see them

spar. The Stinker despises Melania, and has said some unkind things about her. But then here come the MRAs, who clearly

wish that any female would return their phone calls, defending and idolizing Melania and caring not one whit that DT has been divorced several times. 

Archived