IGNORED

Lori Alexander 10: Fickle Brained Woman (and she would know)

10 hours ago, Koala said:

This is not love you are talking about, Heather, but some type of make believe "happiness." "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1 Cor. 13)

And then there's this:

free gag.jpg

"Women who give sex away for free are foolish women."  

Way to reduce it to a business transaction Lori.  Is that what you recommend? Seeing who'll "pay" the most for you to "give them sex"?  Gross.  Just so gross.

But I guess that's how she sees her marriage.  Ken gets sex, she gets money.  

On reading that "love" quote from 1 Cor 13 -- wait a sec. She's applying it incorrectly. Those are the marching orders for men. After all, in Loriken's world, *men* are called to *love* their wives.

Husbands are to be patient and kind
Husbands are not to be envious or boast
Husbands are not to be arrogant or rude
Husbands are not to insist on having their own way
Husbands are not to be irritable or resentful
Husbands are not to rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoice with truth
Husbands are to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things.

The wives are off the hook. They're only called to respect their husbands.

And as for "Ken gets sex, she gets money." Who is being the prostitute now? Certainly this is more descriptive of a sex worker than the commenter Lori compared to a prostitute because she confessed to having a naturally loud voice.

(ETA I see @polecatbeat me to posting this thought.)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I like to play the "what-if, in a perfect alternate universe" game.

Michelle Duggar would be a successful realtor, a runner and/or salsa dancer, still with JimBoob but only having two kids.

Zsu - mother of three, an art teacher, married to a quiet, laid-back guy who lets her run the house as she sees fit and is not a zealous nutjob.

Teri Maxell - receiving therapy and medication for her depression, loves to hike, bike and travel, works as a bookkeeper or admin at a small family-owned company that she's been with for the last 20 years, child-free by choice, and married to an outdoorsy, outgoing guy who can have a bit of a potty mouth when he drinks but is good, kind and warm (i.e. everything not Steve).

Kelly Bates actually enjoys being a SAHM to her five kids and spends her time driving them around to soccer practice, band and Scouts, and is heavily involved with every school committee. 

Erike Shupe has one or two generously-spaced kids, plays tennis, works in logistics or manages housekeeping services at a local hotel, helps her friends declutter, routinely uses a spell-checker.

Lori? No matter how I try to visualise Lori, doing anything, living anywhere, she is still, and will always be, a miserable, nasty, hate-filled pill who thrives on people's misery and actively strives to increase it as much as she can. 

2 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Lori? No matter how I try to visualise Lori, doing anything, living anywhere, she is still, and will always be, a miserable, nasty, hate-filled pill who thrives on people's misery and actively strives to increase it as much as she can. 

She could play Miss Gulch in a new production of the Wizard of Oz.

gulch1.jpg

3 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Elizabeth Botkin is a youtuber and videogame livestreamer.  Anna Sophia is an international travelblogger.  They still write books together, encouraging young people to achieve their dreams.  The books are well researched, professionally edited, and have proper referencing.

Lori: never met Ken, dated enjoyably through high school. Accidentally went to a progressive-faculty College (she thought it was going to be wonderfully legalistic) and had her mind opened to ways to engage the Bible without cruelty. After complaining a lot and debating with a few profs about their feel-good wishy-washy ways, her feble gullible mind gave up. She now accepts  those teachings/teachers as incontravertable. Grace is the whole point of everything.

She is strict with herself and  sometimes questions her own motives too harshly, but she knows that's a lie, so she tries to let herself be human. She stayed for 2 degrees because she was so nurtured and challenged by the classes and student life. Eventually she met a man quite a bit younger than her who admires and flatters her daily. They marrying after her  2nd degree, his first, and dote on each other. He oozes gentleness, and she tries, and he always forgives her (and takes her seriously) when she gets steamed.

They have kids, and she does well enough. She is loving, but has a nanny for a lot of the hands-on. She likes to read (a lot) and walk, and sometimes shop a bit too much. She learns plenty about patience and unconditional love. She once lost her temper and 'spanked' a young child, but felt so awful about not showing God's love that she got some counselling and adopted better practices. She was just crazy intense in her desire to do parenting right, the gentle way.

By the time she was an empty nester, the emotional growing (not to mention medical challenges) have transformed her.  She is considered gentle and wise. She knows so much about the Bible (always keeping up with new scholarship) and has released herself from stress and pride (mostly). Those who admire her nominate her to be an elder at their Biblical church. She gets lots of opportunities to preach and teach (well!) and feels great when others affirm her gifting and dedication to the word and will of God.

Oh, and Geoff Botkin is a real and world-renowned duck biologist.  That is all.

4 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Lori is my MIL in a different body. I just can't picture her (MIL or Lori) any other way.

Which really is sad, when reading @Pammy's idea of what could have happened to Lori. 

Something about Lori I've had the hardest time understanding..... Every single time she compares a woman's day to the husband's... He's working soooooooo haaarrrrrd. In the post about a woman throwing a temper tantrum she mentions that the woman had never walked in his (the husband's) shoes... It's a completely unfair assessment. It's entirely possible that the woman at some point held an evil job that was just as long & demanding as his could be. To the flip side of the coin... chasing small children, keeping up a house, keeping everyone fed & happy is a trial. The more participants you have, aka: children, the harder that trial can be. 

My confusion is: why.... On Gaia's green earth.... Does she assume that every husband works so hard that a woman's task (regardless of what that task is) is so much less tiring or demanding? 

IDK. Maybe it's just me. Me & my years as an evil feminist trying to compete in the world of superior men....I would take a job outside the house any day over chasing children-- not because I don't admire the task but because raising kids is damn hard! So how come husband's earn time off... But moms don't??

^^^^ YES. In the long long ago, I was in the same job sector that my husband was. While we each had different tasks to complete, I had, in fact, walked in my husband's shoes. I knew what he was going through, for the most part, because I did as well. 

8 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Michelle Duggar would be a successful realtor, a runner and/or salsa dancer, still with JimBoob but only having two kids.

Zsu - mother of three, an art teacher, married to a quiet, laid-back guy who lets her run the house as she sees fit and is not a zealous nutjob.

Teri Maxell - receiving therapy and medication for her depression, loves to hike, bike and travel, works as a bookkeeper or admin at a small family-owned company that she's been with for the last 20 years, child-free by choice, and married to an outdoorsy, outgoing guy who can have a bit of a potty mouth when he drinks but is good, kind and warm (i.e. everything not Steve).

Kelly Bates actually enjoys being a SAHM to her five kids and spends her time driving them around to soccer practice, band and Scouts, and is heavily involved with every school committee. 

Erike Shupe has one or two generously-spaced kids, plays tennis, works in logistics or manages housekeeping services at a local hotel, helps her friends declutter, routinely uses a spell-checker.

It's fun to think about! Although I suppose Michelle would have had three, Josh, Janna and John-David. 

Wasn't Erika a teacher before she became a SAHM? Really scary when you think about her abysmal spelling. (incidentally most of her errors are usage errors where she uses the wrong word so spell checker wouldn't check it) 

But then there would be no Jinger, and thus no FJ.  But I guess in a perfect would there would be no problems to discuss on FJ anyway.

In a perfect world, would there be an internet?

I have to agree with @AuntCloud, I can't picture what Lori would be doing if she wasn't THE GODLY MENTOR.

She doesn't seem to have hobbies or any kind of interests outside of her blog. 

Didn't she say that she watches daytime t.v. just so she can see what awful things people are up to and then write about them?

She was a teacher for a while, but poked a hole in her diaphragm in order to be a SAHM (who didn't do much mom stuff).  I believe she said her father pushed her to have a career to fall back on.  Her heart was never in teaching

She even complains about women going to bible study and spending time with friends!

So yeah, I think @Florita had it exactly right with Miss Gulch.

11 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Something about Lori I've had the hardest time understanding..... Every single time she compares a woman's day to the husband's... He's working soooooooo haaarrrrrd. In the post about a woman throwing a temper tantrum she mentions that the woman had never walked in his (the husband's) shoes... It's a completely unfair assessment. It's entirely possible that the woman at some point held an evil job that was just as long & demanding as his could be. To the flip side of the coin... chasing small children, keeping up a house, keeping everyone fed & happy is a trial. The more participants you have, aka: children, the harder that trial can be. 

My confusion is: why.... On Gaia's green earth.... Does she assume that every husband works so hard that a woman's task (regardless of what that task is) is so much less tiring or demanding? 

IDK. Maybe it's just me. Me & my years as an evil feminist trying to compete in the world of superior men....I would take a job outside the house any day over chasing children-- not because I don't admire the task but because raising kids is damn hard! So how come husband's earn time off... But moms don't??

Lori's only experience of motherhood came with a heaping helping of nanny and other household help. Of course in her eyes it's an easy peasy job. She has no comprehension of what motherhood in the real worl often looks like. 

I had three kids under the age of three/four and was going to school, working from home and had no help with the kids (and no daycare). Mr. Polecat worked the midnight shift, so he slept during the day and wasn't around to help during the day OR night. When he WAS home, he'd often get calls for his volunteer job (firefighting). We were busy, busy people, and there was no point in comparing who was "busier." We were both just trying to get shit done. Mr. Polecat helped when and where he could because he loved his wife and didn't want her to end up a burned out, worn out mess. 

(Mr. Polecat still works midnights and volunteers as a firefighter. I, however, am now only working from home, my kids now range from 10 to 13, and I no longer homeschool so they're all out of the house and I'm done with my own education, too. My life is much simpler these days. That's a good thing since I'm now dealing with health issues that require me to sit back and take things a bit easier.) 

I've lost count of how many times Lori has told us that feminism is the reason women are controlling and unsubmissive. She constantly points back to the "good old days" when women obeyed and respected their husbands and they were meek and happy homemakers.

But then there's today's post: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/07/were-women-of-old-submissive.html.

There weren't as many divorces before feminism took hold but I bet the majority of homes were still run by the women. It's just the way we're built. Most women want to be in control, have their own way, and make their husbands do what they want them to do through manipulation, refusal of sex, and many other creative ways. Yes, feminism has made it much worse for marriages and the children since mothers have left their homes and women don't rely on their husbands for provision anymore. This is absolutely a tragedy but most women throughout the centuries have struggled with control and lack of submission.

The post is about how controlling women are--and always have been. She even acknowledges that some of the women in the bible weren't great godly examples of womanhood.

Her head is spinning.

Lori has now banned talk of:

1- denominations (because it's not in the bible)
2- politics (because women should only be concerned about Titus and its too depressing for her to watch the news)
Within the last week.
(In her chatroom)

Long time lurker, new poster here  Hi everyone!

Our dear Lori.  I'd say she's a hateful idejit, but I don't think she's an idejit.  Close minded, hyporcritical, men-spirited, hateful, spiteful, child abuser, possibly evil, and a liar, oh yes.  But not an idejit.

There is a tiny part of me that believes that Lori The Godly Older Woman Mentor is merely a persona she adopts for the blog and the rest of her social media.  Not that she's really a sweet, loving,  kind person, but that she is in no way the submissive, Bible reading, Scripture following, godly mentoring woman she appears to be.

It's all an act to get her the fame and the recognition she so desperately wants and seeks.

I hate read her in the same way people gawk at accidents -- because they can't tear their eyes away. Just when i think she's said the worst thing imaginable, she tops herself.

Oh and I think she says men's work is so, so, so hard and exhausting because she assumes 99.99% of her fan girls are married to men who do physical labor for a living.  Because that's what a manly traditional provider does.  Not to say that physical labor isn't hard or exhausting.

The one thing from her blather I've never figured out is what, besides going to work, is the patriarch headship man supposed to do?  Are there "manly" chores he is supposed to do?  And what would those "manly" chores be?  A male poster on her FB said he got home and his "tiny" ( his word) wife had mowed the grass and pressured washed the house

Um ......... wouldn't those be "manly" chores?

My father was a champion vegetable peeler and dishwasher, and Mr. Black Dress is a vacuumer par excellence and does all the grocery shopping.  According to Lori I was raised all wrong. 

26 minutes ago, iheartchacos said:

2- politics (because women should only be concerned about Titus and its too depressing for her to watch the news)
Within the last week.
(In her chatroom)

1) It's a good thing blogs were mentioned in the Bible, or she'd have to close her's.  Oh, wait... Guess the "if it's not in the Bible, it doesn't/shouldn't exist" logic only applies when it's convenient for The Godly Mentor. 

2) It's nice of her to "ban" other adults from conversing over issues she is not able to intelligently discuss.

In other news, this little gem was in today's comments:

Lori

Paul wrote this about young women, "Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk nonsense, saying things they ought not to." (1 Timothy 5:13) 

I wonder if Lori realizes how well that verse fits her.

Translation:

Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from blog to blog. And not only do they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk nonsense, saying things they ought not to.

I always have to stop myself when I start down Lori's rabbit hole.  My brain begins to churn and the heat rises to meet my bottle red hair.......Going through the comments and seeing her tell various women how they NEED to be mothers and then later down the line that women who are widowed should have been set up in advance by their husband so as to not NEED to work.  She would have hated my parents.   My father was retired at 50...not because he had that great of a career but because back to back heart attacks put him on disability for the rest of his life.  I wasn't even in grade school yet.  My mother worked 22 years in the school system to add to what little bit the government gave to my dad.  

What would Lori's solution have been?  Because I'm pretty sure she's not a fan of welfare!  The church and the community can only feed a family for so long.  I wish I could find and live in that fantasy land she lives in 'cause, damn...it's a brilliant place to be huh?  All shiny with roses and the white picket fence and Stepford children all in a row.

5 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Going through the comments and seeing her tell various women how they NEED to be mothers and then later down the line that women who are widowed should have been set up in advance by their husband so as to not NEED to work. 

But I thought that showed that you didn't trust God, and that's why she says young couples should just get married and let their parents support them....  Not everyone's husband makes bank.

9 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

Within the last week.
(In her chatroom)

"Bible" doesn't appear in the Bible.

In today's post, Lori writes about the time she homeschooled her sons. I call BS on some of this stuff and I bet was the nanny playing with the boys while Lori was napping. I laughed at Lori saying she was the manager of cleaning and upkeep, her nanny did the cleaning which she has admitted to in the the past.  I'm not surprised that Lori used a flyswatter on her kids.

23 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

In today's post, Lori writes about the time she homeschooled her sons. I call BS on some of this stuff and I bet was the nanny playing with the boys while Lori was napping. I laughed at Lori saying she was the manager of cleaning and upkeep, her nanny did the cleaning which she has admitted to in the the past.  I'm not surprised that Lori used a flyswatter on her kids.

It's not written by Lori. It's not that easy to see, but it says written by Mary Rice Somerville under the picture of the bear.

1 minute ago, wikinggirl said:

It's not written by Lori. It's not that easy to see, but it says written by Mary Rice Somerville under the picture of the bear.

My bad I just saw that.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived