IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

Saying "second of two" is technically correct (the best kind of correct!), no matter what Cherin's intentions are.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Saying "second of two" is technically correct (the best kind of correct!), no matter what Cherin's intentions are.

I'm not the quibbling kind, but didn't he or she actually say, "the last of two?" I remember being intrigued.

best.png

12 hours ago, kettlingur said:

I also really hope so. What is really frustrating me about that clip is that Dr Vick is a DOCTOR and he is still talking like it'd be perfectly reasonable for Erin to have hundreds of kids despite the fact that she nearly died giving birth the last time and there is no evidence to suggest (unless I missed something/they're not telling us something) that this birth is going to be any less high risk. I know he's a fundie or something and therefore I shouldn't be applying logic to the things he says but WTF? He's been to medical school, right? Does he really think that Erin risking her life/wellbeing and the wellbeing of her already born child is worth it? I know he does, but it just seems crazy to me.

I don't know why this is such a persistent belief on here, but Dr. Vick is not a fundie. He's my mom's and my aunts' doctor, and the care he's provided them with wouldn't fly with a fundie OB/GYN.  This includes two sterilizations of women in their early to mid-twenties as well as a firm admonishment that this pregnancy needs to be the last one, seriously to someone who could have had a good decade of fertility ahead of her. So while he's willing to be jovial and mug for the cameras, the conversations behind the scenes may be very different (and we'll never know, because HIPAA). 

I don't want to be a broken record, but I really don't think it's fair to drag him because he's associated with this family. He's always provided my family members with excellent care and was very respectful of their choices. 

I don't know why this is such a persistent belief on here, but Dr. Vick is not a fundie. He's my mom's and my aunts' doctor, and the care he's provided them with wouldn't fly with a fundie OB/GYN.  This includes two sterilizations of women in their early to mid-twenties as well as a firm admonishment that this pregnancy needs to be the last one, seriously to someone who could have had a good decade of fertility ahead of her. So while he's willing to be jovial and mug for the cameras, the conversations behind the scenes may be very different (and we'll never know, because HIPAA). 

I don't want to be a broken record, but I really don't think it's fair to drag him because he's associated with this family. He's always provided my family members with excellent care and was very respectful of their choices. 

Thanks for telling me, I don't know where I read that, but I really shouldn't blindly believe everything I hear. I'm sorry that I perpetuated a harmful myth about him.

He was not behaving  like it was ordinary for her to want nineteen kids. It was a brief moment in the middle of what should have been an ordinary exam. He was merely asking for the camera, and was probably told to do it, to make a dubiously humorous mother-daughter connection. He might even have been told to ask just so she'd say, "No way, dude," to stir up some debate amongst the various types of viewers.

I just think that when you're discussing the nutball fundie beliefs, it's real important to think about what to take literally and what not to. It was just a lighthearted throwaway line.

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I guess Erin will be induced any day now.  Am a bit surprised it hasn't happened already.

It's probably good she's being induced. Didn't Carson come kind of fast for a first time mom? 

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's probably good she's being induced. Didn't Carson come kind of fast for a first time mom? 

Yes. The labor was fast because she had a placental abruption. 

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I guess Erin will be induced any day now.  Am a bit surprised it hasn't happened already.

I am as well! But then, their instagram has been three interior-only shots for a week, so who knows whats really going on.

I just hope everything turns out ok for mother and child. 

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm relieved it hasn't happened yet. She should hit 37 weeks around Tuesday, which is excellent. Baby will be considered full-term (or almost full-term), which could help prevent some potential complications for baby Brooklyn. And it's likely a big relief for Cherin to almost be full-term too.

Fingers crossed all continues to go well and everyone is healthy.

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm relieved it hasn't happened yet. She should hit 37 weeks around Tuesday, which is excellent. Baby will be considered full-term (or almost full-term), which could help prevent some potential complications for baby Brooklyn. And it's likely a big relief for Cherin to almost be full-term too.

Fingers crossed all continues to go well and everyone is healthy.

As long as she and the baby is properly monitored I agree. 

I don't know about y'alls experience with toddlers, but my little 2 year old nephew could grab and break every tchotchke in this picture in 30 minutes, max:

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't know about y'alls experience with toddlers, but my little 2 year old nephew could grab and break every tchotchke in this picture in 30 minutes, max:

Forget human nephews. My sister's dog would annihilate that room so fucking fast. Anything not tied down is fair game to him. Beagles are awesome like that. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My two-year-old niece is extremely stubborn, but we taught her from the very beginning to leave that kind of stuff alone. And she's really good about it. We also taught her the word gentle from the very beginning and now she's really good at being gentle with things and dogs and babies.

It took a little bit of extra work in the beginning, but it's really nice now because we can take her anywhere (fancy houses, stores with a lot of merchandise that's down low) and know that she's not going to break anything. 

I worked as a nanny for 10 years as well, and I taught all of those kids to leave stuff like that alone. It takes some work to teach kids to be gentle and non-destructive with things, but I didn't have any control over what the people I worked for had in their house, so I had to teach them to leave it alone. 

I'd just be causing my own headaches with those bottles so reachable.  And it would be Grampwych or myself who'd probably break them.

7 hours ago, Granwych said:

I'd just be causing my own headaches with those bottles so reachable.  And it would be Grampwych or myself who'd probably break them.

Yup. Head back to relax? Crash. 

I don't have kids yet, but my cats would destroy a room like this. It's a nice looking room, but it's got too many bits and pieces for me...I hate dusting and having to move all those little bottles to dust would push me over the edge.

That's a pretty cute room and I like the colors but omg it looks like toddler hell for me. Breakable bottles, kid could climb to the shelves in the corner, etc

What's been driving me crazy is the off centered name on carson's toy chest. It's almost like they were planning on adding something next to his name and then didn't. I don't usually nitpick decor choices but my mild case of ocd is flaring. I almost messaged them on Instagram about it.  

Is the asymmetry thing a trend right now (I mean aside from hair styles)? 

Slow the roll.Let's remember who we are talking about here .... The kids will be blanket trained I guarandamntee.  

10 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Slow the roll.Let's remember who we are talking about here .... The kids will be blanket trained I guarandamntee.  

Hate to like that post, but I agree. The Pearls don't believe in baby proofing the house, the believe in house proofing the baby :tw_bawling: as much as I want to like Cherin, that room requires either blanket training or a gate to keep babies toddlers and dogs out.

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Hate to like that post, but I agree. The Pearls don't believe in baby proofing the house, the believe in house proofing the baby :tw_bawling: as much as I want to like Cherin, that room requires either blanket training or a gate to keep babies toddlers and dogs out.

I'm not disputing whether Cherin uses blanket training because I really have no idea. I hope they don't. But I fear they do. And in the end, I really have no idea. 

But, no, it does not require blanket training or gates to keep toddlers from touching the stuff in that room. It's totally possible to teach toddlers to not touch or break that kind of stuff using gentle, loving methods. That's what is so baffling to me about the Fundie-child beating approach. You can teach a child, even a toddler, to behave and not break/destroy everything in sight without being harsh and abusive. 

1 minute ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm not disputing whether Cherin uses blanket training because I really have no idea. I hope they don't. But I fear they do. And in the end, I really have no idea. 

But, no, it does not require blanket training or gates to keep toddlers from touching the stuff in that room. It's totally possible to teach toddlers to not touch or break that kind of stuff using gentle, loving methods. That's what is so baffling to me about the Fundie-child beating approach. You can teach a child, even a toddler, to behave and not break/destroy everything in sight without being harsh and abusive. 

Yeah, my kids weren't all the same of course, some more challenging than others, but it was just a part of life to teach them what to touch and what not to, and also, at times, when and how. Learning how to use positive vocabulary is effective.

Extreme measures tend to lead to extreme results. Though, I suppose, that's just what some of these people desire...

Agree. My family ran an antique store for quite a while and we lived with some of the pieces. I knew very well that many of the pieces in our home and store had not only monetary but also historical value, and to be very very gentle. No blanket training required.

I did have a thought that I can't imagine all of Carson's friends are quite so well trained as he may be, though.

Yes,  you can teach children how to behave without violence, my daughter could have handled that room at Carson's age pretty well. My  sister had a son who would never have been able to do it though but it does not need to be a baby genius to do it.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived