IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2017 at 1:29 AM, colors_outside15 said:

The Paine's have a boy and a girl. Carson looks exactly like Erin (especially in the sleeping picture she just posted) and Brooklyn looks exactly like Chad. They have enough room in the house they love for their family, and seem to be making enough money to support themselves. They have an adorable dog, constantly upgrade their home, and both parents are able (and willing) to work. Most importantly, both parents are ALIVE to support and love their children.

TIME TO STOP, CHERIN. You'll never be perfect because you're in a disgusting, insidious cult, but you have it pretty damn good. No need to risk Erin's life for more "blessings". You've been blessed. STOPPPPPPPPPP!

Please don't jump down my throat but I thought they posted a while ago about leaving IBLP/ATI and Gothard even though their families are still in it and their fathers are both on the board of directors. Didn't Erin post about speaking for herself and Chad in that regards? There was a bit of a hubbub going around months ago. Forgive me if I am mistaken or taking anything out of context.  

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The mystery of the baby goats has been solved:

Those baby goats are super cute, and Carson looks cute with them. I hope they didn't abandon Max for the goats though!

1 hour ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Please don't jump down my throat but I thought they posted a while ago about leaving IBLP/ATI and Gothard even though their families are still in it and their fathers are both on the board of directors. Didn't Erin post about speaking for herself and Chad in that regards? There was a bit of a hubbub going around months ago. Forgive me if I am mistaken or taking anything out of context.  

You're mistaken. They stated they no longer follow Gothard - which is true because Gothard is no longer with IBLP. They're still with IBLP as far as we know. As for ATI, they don't have any school aged children. Meaning they wouldn't be associated with it regardless.

They worded it rather ambiguously - so don't feel badly for being mistaken about it. 

Someone might have to answer this for me, but what exactly can you DO with goats? Milk? Good companions? Do they intend to make money off them or did they get them just because they're cute?

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Someone might have to answer this for me, but what exactly can you DO with goats? Milk? Good companions? Do they intend to make money off them or did they get them just because they're cute?

My sister has friends who own goats. They use the milk to make cheese and, I believe, soap. They sell it at farmer's markets during spring through fall. They intend to sell any baby goats born to others who are interested in the same thing.

The goats are also just plain cute.

Goat stew. I've only had it a few times. It tastes pretty good. Anybody who has goats needs to keep them in a fenced pasture. They are destructive fuckers.

My family loves eating goat. I personally find it a little too gamey for my liking but the few times I tried it was fine. In my family culture for the engagement party, the husband to be gives them to the wife's family and it's something I want to try in America so we'll see haha.

Hahah I'm not going to complain, if she should post a lot of pictures of goats. I kinda love em! 

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

In addition to the other things posted, there are a couple of businesses around here who have flocks of goats that they rent out to clear vegetation. Goats can eat things that other animals can't (like poison ivy) and with proper fencing, they will leave ornamental vegetation alone. They can clear a large area quickly and can get into areas that would be difficult or dangerous for humans (like steep slopes). Here's some pictures when a flock was hired for the Congressional Cemetery.

I'm sure that's not what Cherin will do with their goats, but it's a good and useful business.

This is petty but I kind of hate the way the Bates kids do hashtags. Each and every post needs a string of fragmented little joyful phrases after it like #hebuysmethings #lovemyoffspring #obeywisdombooklets #myhairispretty

Some babies who can't tolerate cow's milk-based formulas do well on goat's milk. There are different varieties of uses depending on the goats - meat, milk and hair (cashmere and mohair come from goats). Their goats look like pygmies so they are mostly just cute.

Some babies who can't tolerate cow's milk-based formulas do well on goat's milk. There are different varieties of uses depending on the goats - meat, milk and hair (cashmere and mohair come from goats). Their goats look like pygmies so they are mostly just cute.

According to my great-great grandmother's journal, she told mothers to use goat's milk with a little sugar.

On 2/25/2017 at 5:50 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

In addition to the other things posted, there are a couple of businesses around here who have flocks of goats that they rent out to clear vegetation. Goats can eat things that other animals can't (like poison ivy) and with proper fencing, they will leave ornamental vegetation alone. They can clear a large area quickly and can get into areas that would be difficult or dangerous for humans (like steep slopes). Here's some pictures when a flock was hired for the Congressional Cemetery.

I'm sure that's not what Cherin will do with their goats, but it's a good and useful business.

Last year, we were at a restaurant that had goats on the premises which was a steep hill, they kept the kudzu in check.

There were a couple of baby goats that I got to see up close.  They are the cutest things!

That's cute. I sleep just like Carson at the end of the long day. Just fall down anywhere and sleep. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

That's cute. I sleep just like Carson at the end of the long day. Just fall down anywhere and sleep. 

I love that he has a doll next to him. None of that stupid gender specific toys. I don't know who made the rule that dolls are for girls and trucks are for boys. When I was little, I always liked legos and cars and hated Barbie dolls. I only like dolls with hair and my barbies were always naked for some odd reason.

Does anyone know if ATI has any odd rules for children's toys? 

When I say anyone I really mean @formergothardite

15 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I love that he has a doll next to him. None of that stupid gender specific toys. I don't know who made the rule that dolls are for girls and trucks are for boys. When I was little, I always liked legos and cars and hated Barbie dolls. I only like dolls with hair and my barbies were always naked for some odd reason.

While I'm glad they appear to let Carson have the doll for now, Erin did make a point of saying that "Carson loves Brooklyn's doll" the first time we saw him with it. Because Carson apparently still can't have a doll of his own.

16 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Most of the rules involved Cabbage Patch dolls and Troll dolls bringing demons into the house and causing pregnancy problems. Candy Land too. I don't remember anything saying it being evil to let a boy have a doll or anything. Really mostly the focus was on which toys contained demons that would attack the womb. 

But most of the things about toys being demon possessed have been dropped over the years. 

ETA: there could have been rules, because Gothard had mountains of booklets about various things and most of them were for parents so I didn't ever read them. 

Also, why did they take the baby goats away from the mother so early? If they are still being bottle fed why didn't they get left with the mother till they were weaned? Is this a common practice? 

39 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Most of the rules involved Cabbage Patch dolls and Troll dolls bringing demons into the house and causing pregnancy problems. Candy Land too. I don't remember anything saying it being evil to let a boy have a doll or anything. Really mostly the focus was on which toys contained demons that would attack the womb. 

But most of the things about toys being demon possessed have been dropped over the years. 

ETA: there could have been rules, because Gothard had mountains of booklets about various things and most of them were for parents so I didn't ever read them. 

Also, why did they take the baby goats away from the mother so early? If they are still being bottle fed why didn't they get left with the mother till they were weaned? Is this a common practice? 

Cabbage patch dolls demonic. That's a first. I wonder what the rationale was. Troll dolls, okay. Those were kind of creepy. But wouldn't a Cabbage patch doll teach motherhood and whatnot?

46 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It's possible they were rejected by the mother and either left for dead or needed human intervention with bottles. Ah, the circle of life. 

Disclaimer: I don't have experience with goat, but sheep. Pretty common for momma sheep to neglect/reject one of the twins/triplets if she has more then one baby or one that is seemingly weak. I would think similar things happen with goats. It's also possible they were just taken from their mom unnecessarily. 

I googled it and found this:

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Not only is it totally deranged, it's incredibly unbiblical. There is nothing in the Bible that warns of Satan possessing household objects and interfering with your life through them. Nothing. This is magical thinking that borders on idolatry or paganism. Just more proof that Gothardism is a fringe cult.

That's..... bizarre. I've heard of some belief systems where they don't give toys faces to keep spirits from inhabiting them. BUt that's just bizarre. 

Whoa! I wonder what Gothard had to say about Furrbies? Those things really were possessed. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived