IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

My parents live  about a mile away.  My parents very rarely come to our house. My parents live behind my grandparents.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

You know, I love my family and my husband's family very much... But that's my idea of a nightmare. I personally need a bit more separation from them all - I like my privacy. :pb_lol:

That said, Erin seems to have difficult pregnancies in some ways. So I'm guessing that she and Chad likely appreciate having family so close by. And Erin seems very close with many of her siblings, so she specifically may appreciate not being very far away. Especially in the months before they conceived Carson - it may have gotten rather lonely for her otherwise.

I live right across the street from my in-laws.  My husband speaks to them and/or sees them multiple times a day.  I see them whenever.  They practically invented the word "boundary". They're awesome. :pb_smile:   I couldn't live near my mom.  She'd be over every day rearranging things or doing my laundry (sounds nice in theory - sucks in practice), or telling my I'm parenting wrong.  She means well, but just arrrggghhh!

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

You know, I love my family and my husband's family very much... But that's my idea of a nightmare. I personally need a bit more separation from them all - I like my privacy. :pb_lol:

That said, Erin seems to have difficult pregnancies in some ways. So I'm guessing that she and Chad likely appreciate having family so close by. And Erin seems very close with many of her siblings, so she specifically may appreciate not being very far away. Especially in the months before they conceived Carson - it may have gotten rather lonely for her otherwise.

IIRC, Erin and Chad intended to stay in Tennessee for a short time after marriage, then move to Oklahoma where his family is.  I believe the delay was because Erin wasn't ready to be apart from her family.  It now appears that they're in Tennessee for the long term.  Don't think Erin wants to move.

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

IIRC, Erin and Chad intended to stay in Tennessee for a short time after marriage, then move to Oklahoma where his family is.  I believe the delay was because Erin wasn't ready to be apart from her family.  It now appears that they're in Tennessee for the long term.  Don't think Erin wants to move.

I'm not sure, but I think a big part of it was so Erin could finish up at Crown as well. Then you add in their miscarriages and her tough pregnancies - maybe they decided staying close to her family was a better bet for now because she needed their love and support through everything.

They do seem pretty settled in Tennessee now, so it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed long term.

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I live right across the street from my in-laws.  My husband speaks to them and/or sees them multiple times a day.  I see them whenever.  They practically invented the word "boundary". They're awesome. :pb_smile:   I couldn't live near my mom.  She'd be over every day rearranging things or doing my laundry (sounds nice in theory - sucks in practice), or telling my I'm parenting wrong.  She means well, but just arrrggghhh!

I live like 100 metres away from my aunt. We see each other once a week. Sometimes being closer helps to keep your space :pb_lol:

On 22/7/2016 at 7:36 AM, VelociRapture said:

I don't how people do it when they live close to their families, and if it is as large as the Bates I would have panic attacks everyday lol. Right now my sister and her boyfriend are staying with me (i'm helping them to get back on their feet) and i'm about to throw myself out of my windows:pb_lol: seriously, I have to remind myself that I'm moving overseas in a few months. I live very close to my grandma and she's quite a character, thankfully I don't see her everyday. I need my space.

I'm curious. When did/should Erin have stopped the Heparin prior to giving birth? 

Could the placental abruption been from her stopping the heparin? 

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I'm curious. When did/should Erin have stopped the Heparin prior to giving birth? 

Could the placental abruption been from her stopping the heparin? 

Her last pregnancy, the doctor said she has to take heparin everyday, even the same day as delivery. 

22 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Her last pregnancy, the doctor said she has to take heparin everyday, even the same day as delivery. 

Okay. I know it is difficult to manage the bloodthinner/labor window. Many of my family members take heparin due to heart defects and i know it is very difficult to stop bleeding on heparin.

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

The quoting is wonky.

Generally speaking, depending on the dosis and the indication, you stop the shots when the active labour starts. If you want a epidural/spinal it should be at least 8 hours since the last shot, again depending on dosis, indication and local procedures.

The placental abruption probably had no cause/effect relation with the heparin.

Erin looks great. This was on Tumblr:

tumblr_oahpcbrdAl1s1nwhmo1_1280.jpg

On the left: 36 weeks pregnant with Carson
On the right: 33 weeks pregnant with Brooklyn

This was from Instagram:

chad_erinpaineMy sweet Chad surprised with a baby moon this week! We had such a special time with each other...I feel so blessed to be married to such a thoughtful, tender, and loving husband!  I still get butterflies when he walks in the door, and I hope that never changes!  I can hardly wait till our baby Brooklyn arrives! #34weeks #tarynyagerphotography #wewillalwaysbebestfriends

My daughter and her family live across the street from me, my mom lives with me.  Our family has always been this intertwined, and after my husband passed away I have been so grateful for the company of the three grandchildren.  They are in and out of my house constantly, one of them has stayed with me for the last week while her parents and older sister were away for various reasons.  She's 14, so it's not like I am taking care of a small child (except my 95 going-on-three mother).  Some families are just "made that way" and others definitely aren't.  I couldn't have lived anywhere near my inlaws.

My entire extended family lives in the same town. We have boundaries and there are rarely unexpected visits; there are "drive-bys" though where my aunt will make a soup or something she thinks I'll enjoy and she'll drop it on the front step in a little cooler on her way to work for me to take for lunch and text that she stopped by or my grandma will bring stuff over from the farmer's market and leave it, etc. We have a monthly Sunday dinner with everyone and if that's all you wanted to see each other, that'd be it... but I've never missed any of my Godson's soccer games and it was the same way for me growing up. It's truly special to have my entire family play major roles in my life growing up. 

As others have said, for some families it just works. However, it's a gift and a curse because a huge piece of me wants to up and move across the country but to leave all I've ever known is terrifying - aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings all come back here permanently. I don't want to be the black sheep but I want to go. Sort of. 

8 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I don't how people do it when they live close to their families, and if it is as large as the Bates I would have panic attacks everyday lol. Right now my sister and her boyfriend are staying with me (i'm helping them to get back on their feet) and i'm about to throw myself out of my windows:pb_lol: seriously, I have to remind myself that I'm moving overseas in a few months. I live very close to my grandma and she's quite a character, thankfully I don't see her everyday. I need my space.

My BIL and his fiancée are looking to buy a place - whether that's  actually a good idea is another story entirely... But one of the towns they're looking at is our's. We are really hoping they go elsewhere. We love his brother and all - but we don't like her and distance definitely makes it easier to deal with her when needed. :pb_lol:

Certain family we could totally deal living near on a regular basis - my sister and her husband are awesome at respecting boundaries and being courteous. But my husband and I grew up in the same town - everyone knew our families and after a while it got a bit old. We like the fact that we live somewhere that people don't automatically recognize our last name or my very unique maiden name.

5 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Erin looks great. This was on Tumblr:

tumblr_oahpcbrdAl1s1nwhmo1_1280.jpg

This was from Instagram:

Erin looks lovely. Hopefully she's feeling good, staying cool, and delivers Brooklyn safely.

I like her hair straight. I don't care for her giant curls like when they had in the frumper days. As for living near family, eh, why not. Live where you want. Just not like the duggars where you are all on the same prison land

So apparently the Paines got a puppy. I'm going to be a tut-tutting Judgey McJudgerson and say that I think this is not a very good life choice. You have a just-over-1-year-old, a mostly-untrained puppy, and in just a few weeks, a newborn who will need your undivided attention. That puppy's either going to end up "rehomed" pretty damn quickly, or will be an uncontrollable hellhound that shits and pees everywhere (and possibly pose a danger to the children) because neither Erin nor Chad will have the time or energy to train it properly.

Dogs should not be an impulse purchase, ESPECIALLY when you have young children. ESPECIALLY when you're about to have a child.

Was it an impulse purchase? Do you know the breed? I've only ever had to spend about a week training a puppy, but they're all different, of course.

Two pairs of my kids were 19 months apart. It was work, but doable, and for me, a dog would be way easier. :-)

I'm not saying I think it's just a super idea, because it is awkward timing. But it might be not such a terrible one.

A lady I worked with had a guide dog puppy to train the same time as a new born.  She said the puppy was more work than the baby.

Erin is very beautiful.

I really hope they take care of their new puppy and give it the attention it deserves and don't end up rehoming because I will side eye the fuck out of them.

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Was it an impulse purchase? Do you know the breed? I've only ever had to spend about a week training a puppy, but they're all different, of course.

Two pairs of my kids were 19 months apart. It was work, but doable, and for me, a dog would be way easier. :-)

I'm not saying I think it's just a super idea, because it is awkward timing. But it might be not such a terrible one.

Every dog is unique of course and I'm just speaking from personal experience: my parents had a lab, my sister has a beagle, and we have a beagle mix. 

Erin mentioned they think it's a Lab/Beagle mix - so quite possibly a high energy, wicked smart puppy. Possibly highly trainable if motivated, but also possible that the dog can get into a great deal of mischief if not trained properly. Not sure if they adopted or bought - today was Clear the Shelters across the nation though, so it's possible they adopted. Still could have been an impulse decision or they could have given it a lot of thought - they didn't mention either way. Just that Carson loves animals and they decided to get a dog for him.

I agree the timing really isn't ideal to be honest. Carson being young or having multiple young children aren't issues - it's more the fact that they're set to welcome Brooklyn anytime now. That's going to take a lot of time and attention away from the puppy during a time the little furball should be getting settled into their new home. Bringing home a baby can be chaotic, which isn't the best environment for a puppy trying to learn the rules or place in the family.

A lot will depend on the puppy's personality, how relaxed they are when accidents or naughty behaviors happen, and how consistent they are on training the dog. As well as the training method they go with - positive reinforcement training is far more gentle and productive for many dogs than other forms. 

Totally superficial note: The picture they posted is freaking adorable. I honestly hope they really thought this through and have a solid plan in mind for properly caring for this puppy. Like @actuallyjessicasaid, I would side eye the fuck out of them if they rehome the puppy anytime soon.

Who wants to bet that at some point, they'll just stop mentioning/showing the dog and we'll never hear about it again?

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Who wants to bet that at some point, they'll just stop mentioning/showing the dog and we'll never hear about it again?

Poor dog!  He's going to get Chucked (older never heard from again brother on Happy Days) or Judyed (younger never heard from again sister on Family Matters). 

With Erin living so close to her family, and having small siblings - I'll imagine that the puppy will get lots of attention, the question is will they be able to train the little kids to train the puppy.  Plus if they're really not coping they can quietly rehome with the rest of the family.  They have a set up for a puppy.

Bad timing, but plenty of support and options.

The puppy is adorable he looks like a yellow lab mix.  We have a lab mix and he was high strung as a puppy but he loves people.  Hopefully all goes well with this pup and Carson and Brooklyn.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived