IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

People need to be a little better versed in their history before they smart off on a baby's appearance. Perhaps they should look at a picture of President Theodore Roosevelt, probably the most stereotypical manly-man ever, as a small child. Long curls and frills galore. It's more modern than people think to have your child rigidly gendered from the moment it pops out. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pierced my daughter's ears the day she turned 3 months old. I regret not giving her the choice, but she's always worn earrings. I asked her once if she was upset we've pierced them for her and she said no. She now has multiple piercings in her ears and quite a few tattoos. [emoji4] I had mine pierced when I was 12. I could hardly wear earrings due to severe allergies, but after 30+ years I finally found earrings I can wear (a certain company makes them) and now I wear a pair every single day. Funny thing is I still can't wear earrings in my 2nd hole. [emoji15]

15 hours ago, mightybisme said:

I pierced my daughter's ears the day she turned 3 months old. I regret not giving her the choice, but she's always worn earrings. I asked her once if she was upset we've pierced them for her and she said no. She now has multiple piercings in her ears and quite a few tattoos. emoji4.png I had mine pierced when I was 12. I could hardly wear earrings due to severe allergies, but after 30+ years I finally found earrings I can wear (a certain company makes them) and now I wear a pair every single day. Funny thing is I still can't wear earrings in my 2nd hole. emoji15.png

My mom had my ears pierced when I was an infant. I totally get the argument about choices, but I'm SO glad she had it done. I wouldn't have had the guts to do it myself. Since I'm not a mother (yet) I don't have to think about it much yet, but I have a feeling I'll do the same as she did. 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Erin and Brooklyn before church. Tiny bit of preaching emoji12.png

Erin looks so much like her mum with those glasses! 

This actually did make me smile. That hat is hilarious. I could have used it as a baby, I had no hair! :P 

Haha, that hat won the internets today. So cool! And I love how it's mocking all those ridiculous headbands. I get putting headbands on toddlers for special occasions like weddings etc. but it must be so uncomfortable to be a tiny little infant with that stupid bow or band strapped around your fragile little head. 

This actually did make me smile. That hat is hilarious. I could have used it as a baby, I had no hair! [emoji14] 

Oh my goodness! That has made my day, and it's only 8am!

11 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Oh my goodness! That has made my day, and it's only 8am!

Same here. She looks adorable and really happy.

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do they own that house? I thought they were just renting.

MIght be renting and landlord gave them a break on the rent for repairs and upgrades.

On 22.1.2017 at 9:30 PM, Carm_88 said:

Chad continues to be a good fundie husband. Not a shocker. 

At least when it comes to building things from scratch.

He would be a good husband even by normal standards if the stopped impregnating his wife.

Although I love their kitchen.

Just saw the post on batesfamilyblog. "Chad and Erin attempts to provide some much needed obedience training" 

1) Obedience training shouldn't be much needed. Then you have gone too far.  
2) How about  seeking out, I don't know, actual providers of obedience training and get your puppy to classes? 

FREE PUPPY PAINE! Something tells me we won't be seeing puppy Paine much longer.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Just saw the post on batesfamilyblog. "Chad and Erin attempts to provide some much needed obedience training" 

1) Obedience training shouldn't be much needed. Then you have gone too far.  
2) How about  seeking out, I don't know, actual providers of obedience training and get your puppy to classes? 

Ugh it's all cute and naughty until the dog grows up. I hope that they don't abandon the dog. Or let it go the way or those skinny horses that the Bates had. 

On 1/22/2017 at 9:14 PM, hollyandivy said:

Maybe renting from Daddy Paine or so?

Daddy Paine lives in Oklahoma. 

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does Brooklyn really sleep in a headband? Please say no. 

I imagine that to be quite uncomfortable, but the poor thing is probably used to it.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived