IGNORED

My Big Fat Fabulous Life (Whitney Thore)

notfundy

• 4 months later...

So wait, is Whitney pregnant?

Didn't get to see the premiere last night but she's got pictures of her positive tests on Instagram.

Also saw on Whitney's Instagram that Babs had a stroke! Looks like she's recovering okay.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

So wait, is Whitney pregnant?

Didn't get to see the premiere last night but she's got pictures of her positive tests on Instagram.

Also saw on Whitney's Instagram that Babs had a stroke! Looks like she's recovering okay.

In typical TLC fashion they waited for the LAST 2 minutes of the show and then showed the positive test, of course, with the pee still wet.  She cried... then they did the preview of the whole season, complete with horseback riding and other activities that Michelle Duggar wouldnt have done while "expecting." Of course, they also pimped the stroke (but didnt say what it was).  

I'm really not into this show.  I hope she has an easy pregnancy, but its not something I'll tune in for.

• Upvote 6

In typical TLC fashion they waited for the LAST 2 minutes of the show and then showed the positive test, of course, with the pee still wet.  She cried... then they did the preview of the whole season, complete with horseback riding and other activities that Michelle Duggar wouldnt have done while "expecting." Of course, they also pimped the stroke (but didnt say what it was).  
I'm really not into this show.  I hope she has an easy pregnancy, but its not something I'll tune in for.

I'm wondering if she ends up having a miscarriage (thus the whole horseback riding thing)? I wonder with her weight and PCOS what the chances of a healthy pregnancy are.
  • Upvote 5

I realize this isn't the proper thread (and nor do we have one for her) ... but I'm watching Whitney Thor on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  (Because the TV is still on TLC from late last night and I can't find the remote, and I'm doing tax paperwork all over the floor ...)

... I see Alistair-the-pig-who-lives-in-a-house is humping Whitney's leg.  And that is NOT the weirdest moment of the hour, by far!!!!        :TRUCDEOUF:     Oy!

• Upvote 9

I like Whitney, but I agree with her that she is not ready to be a mother. Reuniting with Lennie because of  the pregnancy is not a good idea. Wish I could have told her that unassisted pregnancy can occur with PCOS, it sure did with me, DDs birthday was yesterday!

I don't really care for the bisexual tease story line. And how about some boundaries? I love her mom but barging in Whit's bedroom without knocking after coming over without calling was too much. Maybe all of this was just manufactured drama.

BTW, having sex with an ex is not the best of ideas either.

Didn't Buddy's girlfriend move in last season?

Whit's brand has soared and I bet she can easily pay her mortgage without Buddy's help. 

I'm interested to see how this season will unfold.

Edited by SilverBeach
Spelling
  • Upvote 5

Dear @choralcrusader8613 or other help meets--

Not realizing there was a specific thread, I made a post about Whitney and MBFFL on Counting On, Season 2, Part 3, p. 13.  It probably should be moved here.

Sorry. And Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Ok, I gotta say... that pregnancy thing was some serious TLC bullshit

Indeed it was! So typical. they really love to up the drama factor. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Indeed it was! So typical. they really love to up the drama factor. 

I thought it was really awful.  There are people that watch this show because they find her inspiring, people who have similar medical conditions.  To let them believe that not only can she get pregnant, but it can be done "accidentally" and easily, especially considering all the other medical shit they've brought up in past seasons, likely gave them a lot of hope.  To drag that out for WEEKS when it actually had a medical explanation and choose to not share that information for so long is beyond shitty.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I thought it was really awful.  There are people that watch this show because they find her inspiring, people who have similar medical conditions.  To let them believe that not only can she get pregnant, but it can be done "accidentally" and easily, especially considering all the other medical shit they've brought up in past seasons, likely gave them a lot of hope.  To drag that out for WEEKS when it actually had a medical explanation and choose to not share that information for so long is beyond shitty.

It was awful and it had to be heartbreaking for people who have PCOS. They should have given more of an explanation about why this could happen, instead of just showing the ultrasound and having the doctor say false positive.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It was awful and it had to be heartbreaking for people who have PCOS. They should have given more of an explanation about why this could happen, instead of just showing the ultrasound and having the doctor say false positive.

And why no blood test??? Thats the real way to say yay/nay on a pregnancy.  I dont need to go to a Dr to get a pee test and then tell me I'm fat.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

And why no blood test??? Thats the real way to say yay/nay on a pregnancy.  I dont need to go to a Dr to get a pee test and then tell me I'm fat.

I thought that was so odd. I never heard of going to do the doctor's office and doing the home pregnancy tests. You definitely do the blood test. Like if you go into any hospital and they take blood, if you're female they do a blood test. I'm guessing that Whitney already knew that she wasn't pregnant, she had a blood test. So they went and did the ultrasound for the drama factor. 

• Upvote 3

For weeks people have been commenting on her Instagram posts that she's given hope to people with PCOS, and she only said she couldn't talk more because she's under contract. I think I'd have to go breech of contract if I was Whitney. I couldn't go along with that bullshit.

My OBGyn's office had me do the pee stick thing (pee in a cup and then they tested it) and then confirmed the pregnancy with an ultrasound. I had blood drawn after I saw the little bean on the ultrasound, but I think that was just a basic blood composition draw. Maybe they did more, I don't know. I just stuck my arm out to be poked for nine months, basically.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

My OBGyn's office had me do the pee stick thing (pee in a cup and then they tested it) and then confirmed the pregnancy with an ultrasound. I had blood drawn after I saw the little bean on the ultrasound, but I think that was just a basic blood composition draw. Maybe they did more, I don't know. I just stuck my arm out to be poked for nine months, basically.

I went in every 3 days for 2 weeks and they checked my HCG numbers and progesterone.  If it didnt double exponentially (it did) they told me that I'd likely miscarry.  They also checked my thyroid.

The whole thing was a major dick move on TLC's part.  I'm actually shocked there isnt more backlash against the channel. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/9/2017 at 11:09 AM, Carm_88 said:

I thought that was so odd. I never heard of going to do the doctor's office and doing the home pregnancy tests. You definitely do the blood test. Like if you go into any hospital and they take blood, if you're female they do a blood test. I'm guessing that Whitney already knew that she wasn't pregnant, she had a blood test. So they went and did the ultrasound for the drama factor. 

I also thought that was odd, since if you're a female who has completed puberty, if you get an x-ray right before your period, they do a blood test to be sure you're not pregnant. Anyway, I'm surprised there isn't more backlash against TLC as this was a major dick move on their part.

• Upvote 4

I got the worst second hand embarrassment watching Whitney's dealings with Roy. But I honestly feel like this is one of TLC's most scripted shows, and that is saying something. There was a People article about her false pregnancy, and I'm frankly shocked that someone hasn't grabbed this story and started a backlash against TLC for their handling of it.

Also, Whitney really needs to stop being so bossy to her Big Girl Dance Class girls. She's such a killjoy.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

OK, that dance battle was rigged. Those trophy wife fakers brought in children! Plus, all they did was twerk. No way BGDC should not have won, their movements were better. 

• Upvote 3

That Dance Battle was odd. I'm not clear what the rules are for such a thing, (all I know is based on the Vicky Pollard Dance Off on Little Britain,  which was  hilarious, but hardly useful) but clearly neither was Whitney.  For something that was organized enough to have judges, an audience, and a trophy it seems weird that rules had not been established ahead of time.  Whitney said she "researched" dance battles to figure out what her group should be doing.  Why wouldn't she then have discussed the format with the Trophy Wives?  Hmmm.

Hard to tell with the way it was edited, but I suspect the Trophy Wives WERE more entertaining.  It was a sneaky move to bring in the kids, but it worked.  They also changed up the music and changed up their formations to give it a little variety.  Too bad they appeared to be total dicks in terms of attitude. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I didn't like the whole dance battle thing. IMO, it was all very over the top. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2018 at 4:14 AM, Toothfairy said:

This show should be canceled. 

I can't believe it's still on. But I don't have anything nice to say about it either lol

• Love 1