copyed

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

I just mean that this is a PR relationship. Confirming it doesn't make it real

Ooooh.

Sorry - I can be kind of naive sometimes  :pb_lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off course, if Michelle were to die in a tragic gardening accident, Jim Bob would have a new 20-something wife after a reasonable period of mourning.   And then start working on another 19 pronto.   Would he go with T's this time?  K's?

I would be more inclined to believe this article if it was simply JB having an affair with a much younger woman now that J'shelle is menopausal.   After all, does he really want the "hey, hey, hey" if it doesn't lead to another baby and proof of his being a stud?   

When I first read the intro post, I thought it was going to be about JB arranging a private adoption or possibly implying that he fathered a child and was going to "adopt" it.  I would be more inclined to believe either of those scenarios.

2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Off course, if Michelle were to die in a tragic gardening accident, Jim Bob would have a new 20-something wife after a reasonable period of mourning.   And then start working on another 19 pronto.   Would he go with T's this time?  K's?

He would go with Bs. The first set are Js so naturally the second would be Bs.

Yeah I'm more eager to believe a blind item when it's not that graphic in detail. Gross. 

I actually think it's more likely than not that Michelle and Jim Bob will eventually adopt, probably after the last nail is in the coffin for all things ATI/IBLP. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they manipulated teens considering abortion into raising perfect fetuses for them. The next round of stay at home daughters is less than 10 years away from ready to run the household, right? Ugh.

Not sure which is worse, a parent allowing a teen to have sex with Jim Bob or Jim Bob having sex with a teen/barely legal adult! 

I'd believe JB raising James, who is really Amy's son from a teen pregnancy mishap over this. :pb_lol:

I find it hard to believe most blind items because they're so outlandish and this is one of them.  I take this with tons of salt.  Kody Brown maybe but not Jim Bob

21 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

E for Extras.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:34 AM, OrchidBlossom said:

I think it was just Josh, IIRC.

I might be willing to believe JB had an affair with a young woman, as you said, but I can't really see him looking to get someone pregnant outside the marriage. If he can't claim the kid, it doesn't come with any of the fun benefits of eleventy billion kids like free stuff and a quiver full and manual labor. I guess anything is possible, but I feel like this blind was made up by someone who sort of missed the point of IBLP and doesn't quite understand *why* they have a bajillion kids.

I think this perfectly hits the nail on the head for why this blind item is so implausible.

Quiverfull isn't about each partner separately spreading as many children as possible through multiple households - it's about a single heterosexual pairing producing as many children as possible within the marriage only. They view it as the more godly choice, so (as they would see it) producing illegitimate children through the sin of extramarital sex doesn't "count" toward their total. 

A Quiverfull man might stray, and might even produce an oops baby, but it's not realistic that someone like Jim Bob would stray with the intention of producing extramarital children because his social circle would frown so heavily on that. I think being seen as righteous is far more important to Jim Bob than producing more children he wouldn't even be able to acknowledge.

I think the writer of the blind item was going with the "Duggars are all about sex and babies all the time!" angle without correctly understanding the motivation behind their behaviorYes, the Duggars are all about sex and babies, but the sex and babies have a pretty specific goal, and what this blind item is suggesting would not achieve it.

I don't think Jim Bob would be that desperate to want more kids. Kody Brown could still have more with Robyn (or maybe even Christine) or just take another wife not a teen girl.

A list? I can't see any of the top rated reality show guys fitting the bill Chris Harrsion (unmarried?) , Phil Keogan,  Simon Cowell (I'm surprised he had one kid), Jeff  Probst (maybe, but he doesn't have any of his own kids?).

To many below A list to consider, Donny walhberg? Snooki's husband? There is too much low rated reality TV out there today.

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I don't think Jim Bob would be that desperate to want more kids.

Jim Bob just luvs the process of making them.   And working day and night at that process in Gothardsville is going to result in lots of kids.

While I find on the low end of believability when it comes to Blind items I don't think it to out there. The family (and maybe the Bates) already have that vibe of wanting a complete take over of an area to push their beliefs. Also Jim Bob is as influential as we believe him to be then I can see him convincing another family to give him rights to their daughters. 

As for being an A list reality star, the site does make point to actually classify the celebs different rankings, Jim Bob was probably humping that fence for around a year before the scandals. If I remember correctly every month or so surrounding Jill's engagement & wedding to the scandal the family was in the rags. So you couldn't really avoid the family which for me but them in the B to A range status for reality stars.

7 hours ago, kjmackin said:

While I find on the low end of believability when it comes to Blind items I don't think it to out there. The family (and maybe the Bates) already have that vibe of wanting a complete take over of an area to push their beliefs. Also Jim Bob is as influential as we believe him to be then I can see him convincing another family to give him rights to their daughters. 

As for being an A list reality star, the site does make point to actually classify the celebs different rankings, Jim Bob was probably humping that fence for around a year before the scandals. If I remember correctly every month or so surrounding Jill's engagement & wedding to the scandal the family was in the rags. So you couldn't really avoid the family which for me but them in the B to A range status for reality stars.

I think he was riding the fence and over the to the other side during the weddings and the courtships. I think before the girls landed their own show - and were featured on a lot on People magazine covers, and had articles about them, this made him look good in his eyes.   Once the scandals hit and he and Michelle were personified as horrid in the press and somewhat banned.  

15 hours ago, kjmackin said:

I don't disagree that the Duggars (and, yes, definitely the Bates) are all about taking over in order to push their beliefs (that's the point of an army of god after all), this blind still doesn't evince anything that would allow him to do it. The blind says he wouldn't even be raising the kid. Can't raise up an army for god when you aren't raising at all. It would totally discredit him to the general public, but more pertinently to him it would also likely discredit him to IBLP (I mean sexually abusing women is fine--looking at you Gothard-- but cheat on your wife?! The horror! A baby out of wedlock?! The shame!), so although he could easily pull the tired old "well Jesus forgave me!" it would probably lose him influence, not win him influence, in his circle. 

I might be willing to believe JB cheated on Michelle, but this blind clearly misses fundie culture by quite a ways.

On 7/19/2016 at 8:08 AM, Nashville92 said:

I find it hard to believe most blind items because they're so outlandish and this is one of them.  I take this with tons of salt.  Kody Brown maybe but not Jim Bob

This actually syncs up with other rumors surrounding Manbun Brown as it was said that there was significant friction in the Brown family cul de sac because Kody wanted a 5th wife and his candidate of choice was Robyn's niece.  Given the way AUB functions, I would not even be surprised if this is how it went down if it was indeed Kody and the niece.  

JB or Gil however would be very shocking.  

I'm on the fence. Besides being Gothardite fundies, there is something not right the house of Duggar. Josh is only the tip of that iceberg.

Don't they have a Query girl living with them and helping cook/clean/school/take care of kids? 

On 7/18/2016 at 3:39 PM, NakedKnees said:

Yeah I'm more eager to believe a blind item when it's not that graphic in detail. Gross. 

I actually think it's more likely than not that Michelle and Jim Bob will eventually adopt, probably after the last nail is in the coffin for all things ATI/IBLP. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they manipulated teens considering abortion into raising perfect fetuses for them. The next round of stay at home daughters is less than 10 years away from ready to run the household, right? Ugh.

Would the head Duggars be able to adopt?  With Josh having abused his sisters and the parents covering it up would the state of Arkansas allow them to adopt more children? 

:brain-bleach: (shudders). I agree with all of you (which makes me crazy) JB is no A lister, the the blind referred to an A list reality star, which he is. I also think this is Kody, but it only mentions one wife and Robyn can still have children. I wouldn't put something like this past JB, with the intention of the Duggars adopting the child. The timeline works with Jill and Jessa dropping hints about adopting. 

Now to find that bleach........

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm on the fence. Besides being Gothardite fundies, there is something not right the house of Duggar. Josh is only the tip of that iceberg.

I'm with you on this one.

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Would the head Duggars be able to adopt?  With Josh having abused his sisters and the parents covering it up would the state of Arkansas allow them to adopt more children? 

I think it's more a question of their age. In my state, the parents couldn't be more than 40 years older than the child they adopted. Therefore, an infant is right out for JB and M.

I think the Duggars only talk about adoption to create some interest in their otherwise dull and pointless lives. I think they believe Gothard's teaching about how adopted children inherit their bio parents' "sin," but since saying that out loud would be incredibly offensive to adoptive families and anyone with an ounce of sense, they instead have to discuss adoption from time to time, knowing full well it would never happen for a variety of reasons.

16 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think the Duggars only talk about adoption to create some interest in their otherwise dull and pointless lives. I think they believe Gothard's teaching about how adopted children inherit their bio parents' "sin," but since saying that out loud with be incredibly offensive to adoptive families and anyone with an ounce of sense, they instead have to discuss adoption from time to time, knowing full well it would never happen for a variety of reasons.

I guess they didn't touch on genetics at the SOTDRT...I would love to ask Mr. Gothard the locus of the sin determining allele.

Obviously I wouldn't expect indepth coverage of heritiability theory for kids, but I'm doubting even cursory mention of Mendel and the simplified dominant/recessive Bb for brown and blue eyes.  Which is a freaking shame because 19 kids who share the same parents...looking at the traits in their little control sample (errr...family) would have been an awesome science project.  

Archived