IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2016 at 2:14 AM, Shadoewolf said:

I'm the opposite. I am "Mom" or "Momma" to about 80% of my oldest daughter's friends. I think its part because I'm the cool mom, and in part because I care enough to really listen to them and take an interest in their lives. Like daughter's ex-boyfriend (they're still friends) is ROTC and called me both when he made rank and when he got his amazingly high ASVAB score. He knows if he gets deployed after he enlists next year that he'll get letters and stuff from me. I "adopt" them along the way.  The best of her friends know not to knock and where the fridge is.  The rest call me Miss (first name) and think I'm weird cuz I'm fairly easy-going about stuff. Everyone is different though. I think I do it because during my really rough teenage years two of my friends parents took me under their wing, and I'd have been lost without them. 

The world needs mom's like you. I always welcomed all my kids' friends with open arms and made them feel at home, but I just prefer to be addressed by my name by them. I was neither their mom nor their friend, I was simply someone who made sure the fridge was full and the basement was clean for movie parties. Now all those kids have grown up and moved on, and my children have made a slew of new friends, and I was just a little speck they knew along the way. 

@grandmadugger I love that so much! My neighbor was my second mom and her dad we always called him grandpa cause he just did so much for us. It wasn't until after she died that I really understood how special and awesome of a relationship that was. He just died a year ago but still honestly remains in my heart.

On 12/5/2016 at 4:33 AM, JillyO said:

Probably Amazing Grace on repeat. Seems to be the only song these people know. :P

Oooh might be Christmas Carols. 

On 3.12.2016 at 0:08 AM, patsymae said:

So since Sierra and Joy have been besties forever , does that mean Sierra will be the wedding planner? 

Please not!! Even the thought of it makes me cringe.

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Oooh might be Christmas Carols. 

I can't snark on that.. I'm listening to Christmas Carols 24/7 at the moment.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can't snark on that.. I'm listening to Christmas Carols 24/7 at the moment.

I am doing the same, though it's not all the churchy type carols, so...I imagine Sierra has O Holy Night on repeat. 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I am doing the same, though it's not all the churchy type carols, so...I imagine Sierra has O Holy Night on repeat. 

I listen to everything; folksy christmas songs, jazz, country, pop christmas and I recently discovered a cowboy christmas album on spotify and I have to say I'm in love. Sunday I listened to the Christmas Oratorium by Bach the whole day! But I also love hymns.

A midnight cookie baking, christmas music session sounds really appealing to me. This might be the very first time that I'm ever inspired by something Sierra does.

So, Sierra is posting on IG that she is selling her "Squish's" outgrown clothing.  I wonder if this is to dispel baby rumors.  Surely, she will need the clothes in the near future if she is not done having babies, right?

38 minutes ago, Malizabeth said:

So, Sierra is posting on IG that she is selling her "Squish's" outgrown clothing.  I wonder if this is to dispel baby rumors.  Surely, she will need the clothes in the near future if she is not done having babies, right?

You're right. If she's going to have more children, it doesn't make sense financially to sell a bunch of clothing. I guess it's possible she's a shopaholic and has a ridiculous amount of clothing in that size range and she's only getting rid of some of it. That's what I'm going to guess. That she has way too much baby girl clothing and needs to pare down.

38 minutes ago, Malizabeth said:

She sold off baby clothes the last time she was pregnant or right before.  Doesn't make sense. How does someone have 150 new or almost new pieces to sell in one age range? Also you would think they hold on to stuff for the next 10 blessings.

I read that as she's selling off the older daughter's stuff because Squish was too squishy to wear them.  That said, 150 items seems like a lot to this nonparent.  Maybe she needs to clear space for more.

That does seem strange to have that many pieces for the 5th baby. I could see if it was the first...my sister went a little nuts buying baby stuff with her first and ended up not using half of it but for the 5th kid? 

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You're right. If she's going to have more children, it doesn't make sense financially to sell a bunch of clothing. I guess it's possible she's a shopaholic and has a ridiculous amount of clothing in that size range and she's only getting rid of some of it. That's what I'm going to guess. That she has way too much baby girl clothing and needs to pare down.

please Jessa did the same thing and she was pregnant 

nothing these people do are selfless 

it's all for publicity 

Do these fundies have baby showers for each baby? Because if so, that is exactly how you get a ridiculous amount of clothing for a baby that will only wear that size for about 6 months at the most. 

I admit I hate multiple baby showers for this very reason. People end up with WAY TOO MUCH. Just have a party to celebrate the baby without gifts. 

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

That does seem strange to have that many pieces for the 5th baby. I could see if it was the first...my sister went a little nuts buying baby stuff with her first and ended up not using half of it but for the 5th kid? 

And if you're going to have more kids, chances are that one of these children will fit into those clothes. 

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I read that as she's selling off the older daughter's stuff because Squish was too squishy to wear them.  That said, 150 items seems like a lot to this nonparent.  Maybe she needs to clear space for more.

Maybe she counts each sock as an item

Sierra probably wants new styles or expects baby gifts for the next one because you know there will be another baby.

24 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Why not make her own? Or is that too hard....

WAyyyyyy tooo hard! 

The Duggars and their clones probably restrict themselves to carols about Jesus. No Bing Crosby, no winter wonderland, no Rudolph or jingle bells...not sure if Silent Night and Come all Ye Faithful can make up for that loss!

With five kids under 6, I can definitely swear that making baby clothes would never ever happen. It would be super hard! Although having that many in a short time also would never ever happen....

She mentioned in the comments that if she had five more baby girls, she would still have too many clothes. And if her youngest couldn't fit in them, maybe she is expecting her future children to be too big for them as well. I'm sure most of the clothes came from a baby shower. My sister got 3 of the same outfit for her daughter at her baby shower, and she came out too big to fit any of them.

1 hour ago, PainfullyAware said:

The Duggars and their clones probably restrict themselves to carols about Jesus. No Bing Crosby, no winter wonderland, no Rudolph or jingle bells...not sure if Silent Night and Come all Ye Faithful can make up for that loss!

With five kids under 6, I can definitely swear that making baby clothes would never ever happen. It would be super hard! Although having that many in a short time also would never ever happen....

I've seen videos of some Duggar kids singing Blue Christmas by Elvis, but I can imagine that JB/Michelle/Gothard would frown upon All I Want for Christmas is You, White Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and they'd DEFINITELY frown upon Santa Got Caught In My Chimney.

Though a lot of Jesus-y carols can be beautiful:

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've seen videos of some Duggar kids singing Blue Christmas by Elvis, but I can imagine that JB/Michelle/Gothard would frown upon All I Want for Christmas is You, White Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and they'd DEFINITELY frown upon Santa Got Caught In My Chimney.

Though a lot of Jesus-y carols can be beautiful:

I don't think they'd be keen on I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Santa Baby (the one where the woman asks for all of the gifts, like the deed to a platinum mine, a ring, and a car), and that Last Christmas song, either. (That one says something like Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but you threw it away, so this year, I'm giving it to someone special.)

6 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

She mentioned in the comments that if she had five more baby girls, she would still have too many clothes. And if her youngest couldn't fit in them, maybe she is expecting her future children to be too big for them as well. I'm sure most of the clothes came from a baby shower. My sister got 3 of the same outfit for her daughter at her baby shower, and she came out too big to fit any of them.

this just pissed me off - discussing her future army - it's the way she goes on and on 

it's about the size with these people  not the quantity 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived