IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

Oh I never blamed Sierra for the Duggar Parking Lot Party; it screamed Jim Bob. I just thought that she shouldn't have let all of that be out there if she wanted to continue planning parties. Yes the TV exposure is good but that made her look bad. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am remembering correctly...for Jill's wedding, didn't the Duggars do the parking lot reception with the 1000000 guests and then their closest friends/family had a 2nd reception back at their house or something?

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

If I am remembering correctly...for Jill's wedding, didn't the Duggars do the parking lot reception with the 1000000 guests and then their closest friends/family had a 2nd reception back at their house or something?

I remember hearing that and Michelle confirming it when she brought up the septic tanks to Jessa and Ben while they planned their wedding 

9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah I think pictures surfaced of it after the fact. 

On 10/21/2016 at 2:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wasn't rolling my eyes at the baby pic (super cute). I was rolling my eyes at her reply about being a Christian and not a fundie. She sounds smug as fuck.

They're all smug. SO SMUG. It makes me chuckle because the Bible they read tells them to live humbly and basically if you draw attention to how "Christian" you are then you aren't a Christian at all. 

Sierra voted early. She wanted Ben Carson originally, but I betcha she is going for Trump since Carson endorsed him. Can't have a woman as President of the United States, right?

19 minutes ago, season of life said:

Sierra voted early. She wanted Ben Carson originally, but I betcha she is going for Trump since Carson endorsed him. Can't have a woman as President of the United States, right?

Not one who wear pants and thinks for herself. 

I find it hard to believe that any fundy Baptist would be willing to vote for a woman as President, since fundy Baptists don't believe women can serve as ministers.  If you don't think a woman can lead a congregation, why would you be willing to accept a woman as leader of your nation?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a picture of Sierra at Jinger's wedding. Once again, there's that lacy material at the bottom of her dress. I can't figure out if it's added material or if she's wearing a long slip or something. I just don't get it.

50 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Saw a picture of Sierra at Jinger's wedding. Once again, there's that lacy material at the bottom of her dress. I can't figure out if it's added material or if she's wearing a long slip or something. I just don't get it.

I thought it looked like a slip. Either way, it's just awful looking. 

Sierra's dress was an abomination. 

She hasn't worn those extra hems before.  I think she did it for attention.  She is very much a "Try-Hard"

Me thinks she was a little put out she didn't get to be the wedding planner.  So she found an extra remnant fabric from a 1950's upholstery factory with a ridiculous nasty slip underneath to wear.  Plus a few days before makes a big deal about how she is out of the wedding business.  In retrospect that was clearly her way to make it seem like it was her idea not to be the duggar family personal wedding planner instead of the truth which is she was passed over.   But anyone with eyes could look at Jill and Jessa's wedding, not to mention the painted flamingo debacle and see this chick was clueless about how to plan a wedding.  Melted ice cream for root beer floats, not enough seating, for Jill's wedding,  No forethought that it might be cold outside in November  for an outside reception.  No proactive planning with standing heaters or tents, and again, no appropriate reception food.  Plus her attitude was so bitchy when she, Jessa and Ben met with the  nice church ladies to look at the venue.

Yeah,  I pretty much can't stand Sierra wannabe Duggar.

good god, has Sierra started shopping at Magnolia Pearl?   that's a sloppy disheveled mess.  i haven's seen the wedding photo, but she has an election day shot on IG that seems to be the same grainbag dress.

The picture from the wedding is on Pickles' Facebook page. She's standing with some woman in a blue dress (I imagine that woman probably posted the photo and Pickles shared it.)

The dress is just bad. Looks like a nightgown fabric. Or muumuu fabric. With a slip showing.

Seriously...just but longer dresses! These people are so weird. It's like they want to make sure everyone knows they went the extra mile to be modest or something.

Of course, if they just bought a nice, well fitting dress, with an appropriate length no one would realize how modest they were. I wear modest clothes too (at my age, that's a good thing.) I just don't go around telling people.

Was she trying to go for a boho feel?  Or maybe the "fall colors" with "fall flowers" wedding theme?
Or dear lordy, maybe she's pregnant, but not ready to announce yet . . .

15 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

It's a slip insert. I think I've seen ones like that for sale on modest wear websites -- to me it just screams "LOOK HOW MODEST I AM AND HOW I MODIFIED THIS WHORE DRESS SO IT CAN GRACE MY CHASTE BODY" -- just buy a longer dress/skirt.

Some of the fundies are just wearing leggings under dresses that might show some knee. That is a much better choice. But it draws less attention to your modesty so I guess that won't work....

Its a slip--she's worn it multiple times on her Instagram and talked about it when leghumpers ask. If these fundy ladies want to be modest, why don't they buy a long enough skirt?  If that results in the rest of the garment being too big, why don't these "keepers of the home" learn to do some alterations? If they don't know how to sew, why not take it to a tailor?

[I don't know what a "slip-insert" is-- I would call it a half-slip. I wore them all the time until I was about 30 and society said I didn't need to be so old-fashioned. : )]

I was always taught a slip was an undergarment... so purposely making your slip show just seems the very opposite of modest to me. I don't get it. 

I've worn a slip all of twice in my life; once when a cream colored dress ordered online turned out to be 100% see through and once when I had a dress that static clung to my body no matter what. I don't want the world to know I'm wearing a slip.

So. weird. 

I'm glad Sierra wasn't involved in this wedding. Jinger had decent snacks and some great decorations. Sierra wouldn't have made the wedding look as good at did.

By the way, they recently celebrated her fifth child's birthday. I expect #6 will arrive in 2017 and she'll try to get pregnancy photos with Jessa and or Jinger.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived