• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
sophie10130

Pokemon Go!

165 posts in this topic

I am so excited!!!! Lures everywhere like in the beginning. Waaaaaaaaah! :D:D:D

I am so excited!!!! Lures everywhere like in the beginning. Waaaaaaaaah!

And some of them are the fucking cutest. Have you caught this guy yet?

551547e7dcc8ecb47fbaf36d96b676ed.jpg

SO FUCKING CUTE.

I am so excited, I have caught new Pokémon! I also now have Pokémon forms of all of my pets (Meowth, Ekans and Spinarak).

Today I caught Spinarak, Hoothoot, Murkrow, Ledian, Chinchou, Natu, Xatu, Marill, Wooper, Teddiursa, Swinub, Sentret and Furret. Its nice to have the shadows back.

It seems my area's common gen 2 Pokémon are Sentret, Spinarak and Swinub, as I caught a bunch of each.

I am waiting for my tablet to charge, as I wore it out, and I am going back out.

I love my new Eeevee evolution. So sleek! :)

Poke.png

Ooohhhhhh nice!

I caught a Ditto from a Hoothoot today, my third Ditto, but my first from a Gen 2 Pokémon,

I'm excited to try out the raids!  It looks like you have to be at least level 25, which is great for me.

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I'm excited to try out the raids!  It looks like you have to be at least level 25, which is great for me.

I have to adult all day today and I just know there's going to be raids I can see but not participate in. 

Gyms are still buggy as hellllll so maybe that's ok? I'm trying to convince myself of that. 

Ok. So after a weekend of hands on with the new system, I mostly love it. That said, there are some problems:

1) I live in a heavily mystic area, so my gyms are not getting taken in a timely manner. There needs to be a bonus for attacking AND defending gyms to encourage players on the more minor teams to get out there and take gyms. I was practically begging people to take mine on our local Facebook group. 

2) Raids are awesome, but there needs to be an in game way to coordinate. Not everyone is on the local Facebook or whatever groups, so there need to be a way to say "I'm coming".

The raid passes need to stack (not everyone can raid every day) and the prices for the premier passes need to come down or no one is gonna keep wanting to raid once the hype dies down. Also, you need to be able to see how many people are there to fight before wasting your pass. I was at one for a Snorlax and we didn't have enough people to take him down, so that was a wasted pass. I wouldn't even have attempted it had I known it was gonna be me and a couple of 25s. 

I love love the new systems. They just need some tweaking to be as great as they can be. 

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS LEGENDARIES!!!!!!!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendarypokemon

On July 22, thousands of Trainers in Grant Park for Pokémon GO Fest and the millions of others around the world will be working together to unlock in-game bonuses for the entire Pokémon GO community. If they manage to catch enough Pokémon during the Pokémon GO Fest Challenge Windows, the first Legendary Pokémon will be revealed in Grant Park. If the Trainers in Chicago succeed in defeating the Legendary Pokémon, that Pokémon will start appearing in Raid Battles around the world, after Pokémon GO Fest

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh legendaries!

Im enjoying doing raid battles, although yesterday I wasted my pass for that day as I found a raid with 10 minutes left that was low enough I could do by myself, but then I got a "Network error" message once I had chosen my Pokémon, just before the battle started. It kept doing that until the timer dropped down to 0.

I like how there is now a limit to one of each kind of Pokémon in a gym, it means more variety. Its nice to actually have to think about which ones to use against it. Im not impressed with the new cap on coins though, the church round the corner is mine and has been mine for ages (occasionally taken by other teams, but not for long), but I only get 50 coins for one of my Pokémon being in it for a week. None at all if I have already reached the cap that day for other gyms.

I now have 206 Pokémon, evolved a few this afternoon, found an Abra nest so now I have an Alakazam. Also evolved myself a Blastoise, Electrode, Vileplume, Machoke and Forretress.

Legendaries!!

My birthday is tomorrow (or today? it's late) and DH asked if we should go Pokemon hunting.  There's a worldwide event and bonuses for catching as many Pokemon as you can during a specific time.

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/gosummerevents

I still need a Pikachu with an Ash hat.

Wasted another raid pass through "Network error". It was for a legendary :(

Seems to be just me who has the problem, the other eight people in the group were able to play. They were not successful at catching it though.

Boooooo

Apparently there were a lot of network errors yesterday. A bunch of people at the Chicago event couldn't even log in.