• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
sophie10130

Pokemon Go!

159 posts in this topic

I downloaded the app. Once it actually starts working for me, I will be able to play it. So far it cant find my GPS and crashes a lot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what device? I have a tablet running android 6.0 and it just keeps crashing too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the game was brand spankin new I used to check out the subreddit r/pokemongo but now it's just a bunch of whiny babies about EVERYTHING. Dear God JUST PLAY THE GAME OR DON'T I DON'T NEED A 750 WORD ESSAY ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE THE GAME.

I check in every few days in case there are any new updates. Like today I checked and I guess people who are using bots (bots that fake the game for you, not sure why that's fun) and GPS spoofers (so they can go anywhere in the world in the game) are being banned. I never understood people who cheated at games like this. Having the game think you're walking around to hatch eggs doesn't seem fun. Having the bot pull fake Pokemon stats from the servers so you can "catch them all" all while the bot is actually catching them for you is not playing the game to me. It's watching a code run.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

When the game was brand spankin new I used to check out the subreddit r/pokemongo but now it's just a bunch of whiny babies about EVERYTHING. Dear God JUST PLAY THE GAME OR DON'T I DON'T NEED A 750 WORD ESSAY ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE THE GAME.

I check in every few days in case there are any new updates. Like today I checked and I guess people who are using bots (bots that fake the game for you, not sure why that's fun) and GPS spoofers (so they can go anywhere in the world in the game) are being banned. I never understood people who cheated at games like this. Having the game think you're walking around to hatch eggs doesn't seem fun. Having the bot pull fake Pokemon stats from the servers so you can "catch them all" all while the bot is actually catching them for you is not playing the game to me. It's watching a code run.

Totally agree, and I'm someone who loves watching code run.  It should be about the love of the game.

As I was leaving work yesterday I found a Psyduck just hanging out in the welding department and hatched a Machop.  Also got a Poliwag on my block last night and today a Tentacool on my couch.

Four new to me in 2 days made me happy.  

and Poliwag is so cute even if I get more I may never evolve him.  

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Totally agree, and I'm someone who loves watching code run.  It should be about the love of the game.

As I was leaving work yesterday I found a Psyduck just hanging out in the welding department and hatched a Machop.  Also got a Poliwag on my block last night and today a Tentacool on my couch.

Four new to me in 2 days made me happy.  

and Poliwag is so cute even if I get more I may never evolve him.  

 

The "fun" of living between a couple of lakes and an ocean means I get lots of water type pokemon but never a pikachu :/

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

The "fun" of living between a couple of lakes and an ocean means I get lots of water type pokemon but never a pikachu :/

I work on the banks of a creek and I've walked down twice and nothing.  Not a genius move for someone as clumsy as I to navigate a very steep embankment when I'm the last to leave and no one would think to look for me there....all that risk and no reward.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as much as I love this game, not worth it being in the sticks.   I am deleting.  Sad face.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:20 AM, doggie said:

what device? I have a tablet running android 6.0 and it just keeps crashing too.

Samsung Galaxy J1, running Android 4.4.4. Apparently it should work on this, but it doesn't.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, @JillyO I'm so jealous! Only in the 200s to evolve. I'm also jealous of all of you that have got to play the past few days. The weather has been crap in my area including some flash flood warnings. So very little opportunities to play. As to the bots and spoofing, it seems pretty stupid to me, but for some beating the game must be more important than playing it. Their loss.  @sophie10130, I read the subreddits for awhile too. Ninnies all of them. The Silph Road has some good stuff though. I did evolve my Meowth earlier this week. I named it after one of my kitties

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so jealous of you @JillyO!

I was so busy with fire things that I didn't have time to play much this week. Now that the fire is more under control, I may go to the lake and catch magikarp in my continuing quest to have Gyrados.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Destinyso glad things are better in your neck of the woods. Break in the rain for me so I'm out to hunt magikarps too!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the most in pokemon of them all. af5456156fe074623c6fe9af25c7693b.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not leave my house in my pajamas last night whilst getting ready for bed (and convince my husband to join me) because the red team had taken over both our gyms.  Nor blow through a stupid amount of stardust powering up my Vapereon to help the mystic stranger (who had reclaimed our gyms by the time we got there) defend.

We went to the park near our old house and it was swamped with poke people.   I got a Cubone, Doduo, Ekans, Goldeen, Growlithe, Hypno, Ryhorn, and a Slowpoke....all new for me.  missed the Bulbasaur by seconds.  And 3 more  Magikarp and enough more common that I went a from level 15 to just shy of 18 with just one lucky egg.

so, nothing amazing but that was cool getting new stuff.  Also found a Drowsy nest while waiting to pick up one of the kids from work.  We got 40+ ...crazy.

I will not rest until I have a Dragonite.  

20 hours ago, Roux said:

First, @JillyO I'm so jealous! Only in the 200s to evolve. I'm also jealous of all of you that have got to play the past few days. The weather has been crap in my area including some flash flood warnings. So very little opportunities to play. As to the bots and spoofing, it seems pretty stupid to me, but for some beating the game must be more important than playing it. Their loss.  @sophie10130, I read the subreddits for awhile too. Ninnies all of them. The Silph Road has some good stuff though. I did evolve my Meowth earlier this week. I named it after one of my kitties

I want a Meowth so much!  Jealous!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HerNameIsBuffy Persian is the CUTEST! So is Meowth. Also, it's adorable how much you have become #oneofus. LOL.

Though I'm not going outside in my jammies to do anything for a while. The fire has the wildlife more stirred up than normal, and though I'm a big fan of mountain lions and they are one of my favourite animals, I have no desire to meet one in my jammies after dark.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2016 at 10:47 PM, doggie said:

About the most in pokemon of them all. af5456156fe074623c6fe9af25c7693b.jpg

You win @doggie.  :bow-blue: I haven't even heard of anyone seeing a Porygon.  My only hope at this point is to hatch one.  Where were you when you got it?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hatched it too. about the only different one I have hatched. pikacu and the rock snake is about the only different thing I have hatched.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've caught a couple Porygons around the city (just checked: seen 4, caught 3). One was just a block from my house. I had no idea they were considered rare! But that depends so much on you location anyway.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really enjoying Pokemon Go until they changed the tracking system. Now I've retreated back to the actual games (breeding 6IVers like a boss) because I can't effectively track pokes.

I am jealous of your Porygons. The rarest thing I've found is an Ivysaur. Since the Bulbasaur line are my favourite pokemon I was pretty happy about that. I just wish I could level him up and use him. I get the odd Bulbasaur by my house but not enough to evolve an Ivysaur any time soon.

Edited by Vex
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was cranky last night, bad headache.  MiniBuffy came home from work loaded for bear because people suck so we went out late to kick some yellow team ass and get them out of our gyms.

well, my gym since my ill advised baby picked team red and didn't get back to me in time when I was picking so she's only an honorary mystic.

anyway, missed the first step running down the front porch and landed knee first into the concrete sidewalk...my first poke injury.

and I found a magikarp spawning corner.  It's not a nest, perse, but this corner near our new stomping grounds (our old town) where everytime we pass there are magikarp.  But it's a residential street so not like we can just camp there and go fishing. 

I don't want to leave for work ...I want to stay here and talk about Pokemon.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HerNameIsBuffy LOOK WHAT WAS IN MY LAUNDRY ROOM!!!!!

IMG_2435.PNG

it took 24 yellow balls, 13 raspberries, and 2 blue balls to catch. 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you all getting pokemon in your houses? My coworker and I walked around for 20 minutes yesterday and didn't find any. I've never found one in a building. 

Pokemon should be more abundant in the tall grasses near my house! Thats what happened on the original game! COME ON. 

 

:playful2:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly have no idea. I live in a town so small that we have stopsigns where streets hit the highway, and the nearest stoplight is 20 minutes away. I can't comprehend why i have so many given how rural I am.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Destiny - I upvoted because I refuse to let my petty jealousy get in the way of being a good citizen.

SO JEALOUS!!!

@Maggie Mae I know it's pretty random.  I'll find a few at work, but my house is a nest for weedles, pidgeys, and rattatas...just keep phone going and i'll get something every 10 min or so even if not moving.  Bulbasaur in the basement the other day (husband got it, I was too slow running down stairs) and Monday night tracking showed a pikachu in the house/immediate area but looked everywhere and nothing.  First and only time pika showed on my nearby thing.

Look who was in my server cabinet yesterday...

image1 (002).PNG

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now