• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
sophie10130

Pokemon Go!

159 posts in this topic

this game is a real battery killer. just tried it Saturday then went to the beach sunder and went from level 2 to 8 walking 12 miles. but it it poor about keeping track of f=distance to it is locked up most of the time hard to tell.  pickachu got away gave him a berry and he still escaped the ball and ran away.  after the update ended up I got a wild dodrio gave him a berry and he escaped the ball 10 or more times and knocked the ball away more times before I finally caught him. 

IMG_0746.PNG

This made me laugh until I realized how easy it would be for someone with bad motives to use Pokemon to lure someone in.
08240d42fbfc7e3530f6b948e5c60f32.jpg

Well, I saw this and completely went back to "stranger danger" :

Spoiler

poke.jpg

Yeah folks gotta use their common sense!

I hope parents use this as a teaching tool and not as a reason to keep their kids inside.

I went out today and along with the people my age or slightly younger I saw TONS of kids with their parents. Some of the parents were playing and some of the kids were playing. Luckily, there's two stops by a park with a pavilion and lots of shade so there were lots of kids playing in the park and running back to their parents "Did you catch anything good???"

It was just released in Germany. :) Turns out my stupid iPhone is too damn old, so I'll steal Mr. O's phone after work.

@PreciousPantsofDoom - I thought of the episode of Star Trek that you posted above when I read of Pokemon Go!

Yesterday I went on a long walk with my husband,  and we had been chit chatting about everything and nothing, including Pokemon Go.  When we returned to the parking lot, two little girls were fixated on their screens playing Pokemon (one almost got hit by a car, which is really a concern with this game).  In any event, tragedy averted,  the family was having fun, so I loaded it up when I got home and think it's pretty entertaining.  I'm not very skilled at catching them, but am pretty amused at how they mock me as they hide around my rhodies.

A couple of my nearby Pokestops are along busy rural roads with no sidewalks.  I do have concerns about inattentive people (like me!) and traffic, but the game at first look seems like a good way to get everyone outside. 

With the "watch where you're going" thing, they had the same concerns when texting became huge. Remember the person who fell into a manhole? Same thing about people texting and driving.

I don't think this is a fault of Pokemon Go. In fact, I think it does a good job of letting the game be pretty passive and letting you take breaks in your walking to catch pokemon. You don't have to catch Pokemon all the time, gyms and pokestops are usually at public places that you can sit and do those things safely. It's not a continual play game like flappy bird or candy crush

All that to say, I did almost take a blackberry vine to the face yesterday. That'll show me!

Also, just saw where children's hospitals are putting up lures so kids can play from their rooms. I must admit, I did cry reading that.

Are you guys aware this is being used by fundies to convert you?

My daughter, who worked on her feet for 12 hours today, just tore out of the house because there are Pokemon at the reformed church a couple blocks away.

if she comes back talking about Charles Spurgeon I'm going to sue someone.

So, I may or may not have ordered a new iPhone yesterday. Completely unrelated to Pokémon Go, of course. :kitty-shifty:

Pokemon go is great! I am in my 30's and have just started to walk without my stick (long story, bad injury) and Pokemon go is helping me walk that little bit more each time. My best friend is also playing too! He is 3000km away, so it's nice to have even more reason to talk to him on whatsapp. There are three pokestops I can access from my desk at work. Pokeballs galore! I see people everywhere playing. For the record, I'm team Valor (because my favourite colour is red!)

Love love love Pokemon go! I'm a level 13 and team mystic! This game has gotten me out of my house and I've discovered all kinds of beautiful parks and cool people! Also, plentiful opportunities for trolling. Lots of churches are Gyms, and well, what's the most famous church we all know?

image.jpeg

My wife's been playing since Pokemon Go came out. She's also been into Pokemon since she was a kid, so I wasn't surprised when she downloaded this. Last weekend, we went to a couple of different parks. Both had nature trails/walkways, so we got to walk around and see a lot of cool things--plants, trees, dragonflies, honeybees--while she caught Pokemon and hit stops for other items.

Then I downloaded the app last night. I was never into Pokemon, but the augmented reality tech fascinates me. 

50 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Love love love Pokemon go! I'm a level 13 and team mystic! This game has gotten me out of my house and I've discovered all kinds of beautiful parks and cool people! Also, plentiful opportunities for trolling. Lots of churches are Gyms, and well, what's the most famous church we all know?

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Normally, I'd boo whoever for being the wrong team, but I totally approve of everything about this screenshot. Well played sir/madam!

Note, watch where you're going while playing Pokémon Go.  Especially if you have an outstanding arrest warrant;

thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/pokemon-player-walks-into-police-hands-748923

According to police, William Wilcox, 24, rode his bicycle Thursday morning to the Milford Police Department, which is designated as a “gym” in the popular augmented reality game.

Wilcox, still in pajama pants at 10:30 AM, was seen standing near a flagpole by officers inside the building.

Since Wilcox, seen at right, has had numerous run-ins with the local police force, officers recognized him immediately. A warrants check determined that he was wanted for failure to appear in court in connection with a pending breaking and entering case.

Wilcox was arrested on the misdemeanor charge and later released from custody on his own recognizance. Wilcox’s rap sheet includes a 2014 conviction for receiving stolen property, a misdemeanor for which he was sentenced to a year of probation. (2 pages)

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

If the app did not crash all the time and lock up all day today. I don't go a lot of places and the game will get old after a bit all the extra charging needed gets a bit old too.

Level 20, Team Mystic. I'm not into the battling for gyms and stuff so much as I just like getting the exercise and catching new stuff. Hubby has had a Snorolax, Clefable and a Dragonair run away. I've lost a Dragonair and a Nidoking to my phone locking up. But overall its fun!

I've spotted a Snorolax but it ran away.  Caught a 700 level Tangela this weekend.  I still don't know what I'm gonna do with it.  My local park has about 5 pokestops and 3 gyms, so I've been seeing alot of folks from all walks of life.  Love it.  Any body else near water actively trying to get the 400 magikarps to evolve?

I've been trying @Roux, and people have done it, but gods know how they managed it cos I live near a lake and I only have 103 or something candies. I want a Gyrados though!

I've never even seen a Tangela. SO JEALOUS!

Yeah, I just reached the 100 mark last week.  Only 300 more to go!!!  So, the Tangela is one of my rarer sightings.  Who else has seen one of the more elusive Pokemon?  Where did you spot and/or catch it.? As I think someone said up thread, certain types are more prevalant in certain areas.  I just hope I don't get in trouble loitering around one of the local fire stations trying to catch more Ponyta.  My Tangela was in a small park by a bunch of banks/offices/restaurants.  Also, so ashamed I'm this sucked in.

it seems a state thing I have caught 3 Tangela but a lot I have not seen. finally hatched a picachu today. but I don't get to a lot of different places so it will get old. on the way to work on the bus there are a ton of pokestops and I can really load up but all there is to catch is birds bugs and rats mostly. 

55f582bedbb94093ba6ce6e406d354ad.png

I'm definitely trying for the Gyrados myself, but I, too, only have a little over 100 Magicarp candy right now. I have two Mr. Mimes, which I hear you can only catch in Europe. Other than that, I don't think I have many rare Pokémon. Found a nest of Ponitas the other day and caught three within a few minutes of each other. Will try to go back to see if they hatch there all the time, as I'd really like to evolve one.

What level is everyone right now?

First, Doggie, if you caught that Seaking, I'm sooo jealous.  I had to catch eleventy billion Goldeens and evolve to get one.  Also, someone recently gave me a theory for collecting cooler pokemon.  Go to a gym location with lots of higher level players.  Thought process is that there will be more mojo to attract better stuff.  I'm up to level 18, but kinda stuck because work keeps getting in the way of playing.

I had to evolve him but never hated a goldeens only caught them.  my wife is blind so the game does not do much for her. it was great down at the beach with all the historical stuff but I was only hat level 3 at the time though I made t to 7 by the end of the day.

. . . . is like reading a thread of rare birders twittering away about their life lists . . . . .

Wanders off, smiling. :)