IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen

SpoonfulOSugar

Michael & Brandon have been married for 11 months.

Previous discussion:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siblings recently visited them in Chicago maybe two or three weeks ago, so I'd say no, or not yet. 

Does anyone actually know what phases of IBLP remained behind? The Staddons are still there as well. 

Whitney just posted a pic to her Insta with Michael and Brandon. She's still not pregnant (or at least visibly so...maybe they're trying to hold off to announce on the show). 

(Not sure about posting insta pics here, even from public accounts, so I will leave it to you all to find it) 

She could easily be in her first trimester in that photo and we wouldn't know -- she's holding Kaci right in front. In the last photo she posted on her own account, she is wearing an empire waist dress that could be hiding an early pregnancy, too. Time will tell. I'm sure she is at least as surprised as we are not to have had reason to make an announcement yet.

Alyssa and Erin carry very small, so yes, she could be hiding a bun in there, but as I said, waiting for the show to catch up to announce, or it could be in this season's finale...no clue how many episodes they have left in this "season." If she's further along, I don't think they would be able to  hide it for three or four more months an announce it then. Even the usually baggy schlub-wear that she favors wouldn't be able to hide a five or six month pregnancy.

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Alyssa and Erin carry very small, so yes, she could be hiding a bun in there, but as I said, waiting for the show to catch up to announce, or it could be in this season's finale...no clue how many episodes they have left in this "season." If she's further along, I don't think they would be able to  hide it for three or four more months an announce it then. Even the usually baggy schlub-wear that she favors wouldn't be able to hide a five or six month pregnancy.

You might be surprised. I knew a young woman who hid her pregnancy for 8 months. From everyone. Parents, friends, the father. Everyone. I can only imagine how he must have felt when, a month before her due date, his girlfriend finally decided to admit she was pregnant for the first time-- on facebook no less!

Not that I think Michael would take it that far, of course. But just that with the right clothes and body type you can actually pull it off if you carry small and get creative.

I just really see them being forced to save the announcement (whenever it comes) for TV. Maybe they ARE filming an announcement right now that will air in about 3 months without an announcement in between.

I don't know how well Michael could keep such a secret, but I guess if she's getting paid enough, even she will  keep it zipped. 

She maybe early on and I only say maybe because some on Michaela and Brandon ' s instagram July 4th side said congratulations. She is supposed to graduate this month so she let's hope Brandon shows her as much praise as Chad showed to Erin upon degree completion.

I swear I did not go to the SODRT. Being tired and posting from a cell phone is a bad combo. I meant to say Michaela should receive public praise for her graduation from her spouse. Both sisters are in the public spotlight. I think it only fitting Brandon publicly appreciate his wife's hard work towards her degree.

I wonder why she's studied at a secular college. Why not at Crown, where I suspect Bates take discounts and all the students are like them? I mean, good for Michael, but it's really shocking she studied liberal arts in a secular place. Do you imagine her becoming like Cynthia Jeub? (I'm kidding!!!).

Regarding pregnancy, I don't think she would hide. She must be upset about people comments about it, so I think she would announce early just to shut up people (not only in internet, they live among quiverfuls, so relatives and friends must be talking about pregnancy all the time).

Some people also have left dumb comments like have you and Brandon not figured it out yet. She doesn't respond and refrains from feeding the trolls, so kudos to her.

It must annoy these girls having people asking them if they are pregnant or not and other personal questions, on TV or not I believe you shouldn't ask strangers these sort of questions. If she is pregnant she may want to wait for a while, in case of complications and if she's not pregnant they have trouble getting pregnant.

For a second I forgot who we are talking about and thought maybe they don't want to get pregnant. But then I realized who am I kidding. 

What do these Fundie girls who don't get pregnant right away (or who do, but don't carry to term) even do with their time? I used to think about this when I realized how long it took Erin to sustain a pregnancy.  It's their job to get married and raise kids. When they become pregnant they can throw all their time into preparing for the baby, but to not be pregnant and have no kids at home...it's like the Fundie girl version of unemployed. They can probably do other things with their time (babysitting, online courses) but I wonder if all these things just feel like filler to them. The way we might feel about taking a part time job at a mini golf course while we wait for callbacks on our applications for real jobs. 

Eta: also felt this way when I realized it took Melanie maxwell 6 years to have a healthy baby. Did she just about lose her mind waiting around for her "career" to start??

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

What do these Fundie girls who don't get pregnant right away (or who do, but don't carry to term) even do with their time? I used to think about this when I realized how long it took Erin to sustain a pregnancy.  It's their job to get married and raise kids. When they become pregnant they can throw all their time into preparing for the baby, but to not be pregnant and have no kids at home...it's like the Fundie girl version of unemployed. They can probably do other things with their time (babysitting, online courses) but I wonder if all these things just feel like filler to them. The way we might feel about taking a part time job at a mini golf course while we wait for callbacks on our applications for real jobs. 

Eta: also felt this way when I realized it took Melanie maxwell 6 years to have a healthy baby. Did she just about lose her mind waiting around for her "career" to start??

I would hope some of them secretly like it. Going from a packed mega-family house to having your own house and your own room and your own bathroom and kitchen. And being able to do whatever you wanted in it. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but I hope.

6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Add to that most of them can't watch television and internet and books are heavily censored. I'd go nuts. 

Actually, I'd probably throw all my energy into cooking and baking. I'd go through Zsu-quantities of butter, but at least I'd be sane.:pb_lol:

42 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Add to that most of them can't watch television and internet and books are heavily censored. I'd go nuts. 

Actually, I'd probably throw all my energy into cooking and baking. I'd go through Zsu-quantities of butter, but at least I'd be sane.:pb_lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Erin did actually. I remember people joking about her not being a great cook, but on the new show she seems to have improved. So improving her cooking skills, finishing Clown College, and her music could have filled her time well.

Michael likely has had her coursework to help fill her time, along with acclimating to her new area at first. I wouldn't be surprised if she spent time with other wives of HQ employees either. Maybe she helps watch the kids of HQ employees during the day too.

Alyssa is the only one of the Bateses that stumps me here - Whitney got pregnant immediately with Bradley, so I'm not going to count her in this. I'm guessing part of that time was spent acclimating to her new life and town. She likely got pregnant about two months after her wedding though, so she wouldn't have needed to fill a huge amount of time before finding out she was pregnant.

10 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I'm not sure what Melanie or other Fundie women did. But Erin has had a job her entire marriage. She teaches piano. 

Duh. Michael probably takes a huge garbage bag of kids clothing to mend with her every time she goes to Tennessee. 

I also think these fundie girls who went from SAHDs to SAHHs probably find plenty of things to do. They probably get to focus more on the things they actually enjoy doing. And I've always assumed the fundie couples have sweet fellowshipping non stop for the first 6 months of marriage. 

9 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I would hope some of them secretly like it. Going from a packed mega-family house to having your own house and your own room and your own bathroom and kitchen. And being able to do whatever you wanted in it. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but I hope.

Can you imagine how it must feel to go from sharing a bathroom with a dozen siblings to just having to share with your husband?? You can take as long as you need to potty and as long as you want to shower or bathe. I wonder how long it takes them to adjust to not having to rush through things so everyone else can have a turn?

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

Can you imagine how it must feel to go from sharing a bathroom with a dozen siblings to just having to share with your husband?? You can take as long as you need to potty and as long as you want to shower or bathe. I wonder how long it takes them to adjust to not having to rush through things so everyone else can have a turn?

Right? Taking long showers for the first time must be the best thing ever.

5 minutes ago, Arix said:

Right? Taking long showers for the first time must be the best thing ever.

Or tubs. Just imagine the first tub you can take when you get married with no one threatening to take the door off the hinges or needing to also bathe 3 of your sibling kids.

Also you get to eat only the food that YOU want. How awesome that must be. You can make meals for two instead of 20. I hope it's wonderful and not filled with anxiety and longing for the first kid.

26 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Also you get to eat only the food that YOU want. 

I notice that all of the married Bates and Duggar kids seem to make attempts to cook things that are healthier than the Cream of Crap discount food they were raised on. They must have been so sick of overly-salty-packaged food by they time they reached adulthood. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived