IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

With this couple I feel like I'm watching a live action fundie romance novel given to me piece by piece via instagram story.

They have now reunited after being apart for so long, what does it mean? Are they desperate to hold hands and side hug again? But what about the things that drove them apart in the first place? Can they make it work? Should they make it work? Is the love they have for each other enough? Oh, the desperation! Oh, the angst!

• Upvote 28
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

With this couple I feel like I'm watching a live action fundie romance novel given to me piece by piece via instagram story.

They have now reunited after being apart for so long, what does it mean? Are they desperate to hold hands and side hug again? But what about the things that drove them apart in the first place? Can they make it work? Should they make it work? Is the love they have for each other enough? Oh, the desperation! Oh, the angst!

Okay. Where is this Instagram story located? I looked on Ashley's account and I don't see it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Okay. Where is this Instagram story located? I looked on Ashley's account and I don't see it.

tap her profile picture. 

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. Looking at Ashley's Instagram story they are in Chattanooga. The family has been spending a lot of time there. I wonder what's up with that. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Hmmm. Looking at Ashley's Instagram story they are in Chattanooga. The family has been spending a lot of time there. I wonder what's up with that. 

Hmmm. Tim and Franicia White are currently moving from Chattanooga to Pensacola, FLA

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:19 AM, lizzybee said:

I hope if there was any change of heart it was on Nathan's part to make sure he supported Ashley in her desires in life. 

Let's be real though.

I'm willing to bet someone "laid it on Ashley's heart" to "work on her contentness and submission to God's will" and thus, submit to Nathan's will. 

• Upvote 19

Anyone watched Ashleys latest instagram stories? Is that an Amish wedding? What's with the womens head coverings and the dresses.

11 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Anyone watched Ashleys latest instagram stories? Is that an Amish wedding? What's with the womens head coverings and the dresses.

I think they're Mennonite or something.

• Upvote 2

On 5/5/2017 at 6:01 PM, OyToTheVey said:

A wide range of Anabaptists wear head coverings.  Amish are a type of Mennonites, and probably the best known type in the US

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 9:08 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Nope, I'm not for this relationship. I feel the TN mountains will suck the life right out of her. I think Nathan is ok with visiting NY but not to live. Up state NY is pretty country and would probably be easier for him to adapt...but would Ashley be "ok" with living outside the city.

Hey guys, just a question. Nathan was hardly in the season. Kelly even said he was somewhere else at her surprise party (he came late.).  Living somewhere else. Are they perhaps meeting in the middle so to speak? Not rural TN and not NYC but some third place they're both trying? 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Hey guys, just a question. Nathan was hardly in the season. Kelly even said he was somewhere else at her surprise party (he came late.).  Living somewhere else. Are they perhaps meeting in the middle so to speak? Not rural TN and not NYC but some third place they're both trying? 

Nathan wasn't in the season much because he was in Missouri (I believe) getting his instructor's pilot license. He finished and was back home as of May 1st, so I assume he will be involved in more episodes next season.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Nathan wasn't in the season much because he was in Missouri (I believe) getting his instructor's pilot license. He finished and was back home as of May 1st, so I assume he will be involved in more episodes next season.

I thought it was Mississippi

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I thought it was Mississippi

It definitely may have been. I was debating between it being Missouri or Mississippi - I just remembered that it was a southern state that started with an M. Lol

• Upvote 3

Defiinitely Mississippi. JD and Josiah were also trained by the same (admittedly fundie) guy. 

• Upvote 7

"According to Erin, her brothers are picky when it comes to choosing girls. Nathan has been away at flight school, and he says he is still single but has female friends who may be prospects.  “I’m kind of scared he’s going to bring a wife back in that plane one day,” jokes Lawson."

I feel like we been through this again. Maybe that will be better that Nathan comes back married because if he is back with Ashley, let's just cut the courtship then and go straight to being married.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Format.
  • Upvote 3

They showed the I Love You Day episode from last year with Ashley.  I was kind of surprised that they replayed it.  I don't think they'll ever get back together.  At some point one will become special friends with someone else but their social circles will continue to overlap. 

• Upvote 9

True, but they are going to show Ashley again this weekend. So, they timing of this. Sounds familiar.

Edited by sunshine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From yesterdays episode, it made it seem like Nathan has a special friend. He denied it but it was obvious.

• Upvote 10

49 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

From yesterdays episode, it made it seem like Nathan has a special friend. He denied it but it was obvious.

I agree, he worded it carefully, but it sounded like he is involved with someone.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, it was heavily implied that he has a girlfriend. 

I'm glad that they were able to amicably break up (as they clearly should have). I didn't think it was a case of him personally pushing her or her pushing him, just that they were kids figuring stuff out. When I was 18-20 I was quite the hopeless romantic and had several relationships like this, where our beliefs and lifestyles were obviously totally at odds, but we stubbornly continued for a bit because of "love"/infatuation. I can't imagine how far I'd have gone if our families had been going "SERIOUSLY CONSIDER MARRIAGE WITH THIS PERSON!!" I'd probably have been married and divorced several times. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 9:03 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

Yeah, it was heavily implied that he has a girlfriend. 

I'm glad that they were able to amicably break up (as they clearly should have). I didn't think it was a case of him personally pushing her or her pushing him, just that they were kids figuring stuff out. When I was 18-20 I was quite the hopeless romantic and had several relationships like this, where our beliefs and lifestyles were obviously totally at odds, but we stubbornly continued for a bit because of "love"/infatuation. I can't imagine how far I'd have gone if our families had been going "SERIOUSLY CONSIDER MARRIAGE WITH THIS PERSON!!" I'd probably have been married and divorced several times. 

She didn't want to stay with him in Tennessee, is that it?  I'm trying to recall.  Didn't he say something about her personality? I really hope she isn't forced back with him because of the Bates power in the Fundie world.  The girl is from New York. She really might not want her life in rural Tennessee any more than he wants it in NYC. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/7/2017 at 7:57 AM, BeccaGrim said:

She didn't want to stay with him in Tennessee, is that it?  I'm trying to recall.  Didn't he say something about her personality? I really hope she isn't forced back with him because of the Bates power in the Fundie world.  The girl is from New York. She really might not want her life in rural Tennessee any more than he wants it in NYC. 

I think comments about her personality related to her being a "city girl." 

Am I the only one who thinks him getting his pilot license was a way for him to try to make it work with Ashley? Like it's a way to allow her to visit the city (or him the country which is less likely) whenever they want. 

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic