IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

I remember about ten, fifteen years ago there was talk in Canada about having a shorter summer holiday, with some school districts in BC trialling it. Most places in Canada aren't hot for much of the summer (where I come from, Southern Ontario, you can get a few weeks in July with a humidex in the high-thirties, but June and August are usually both mid- to high-twenties), and nine weeks is a long time for parents to find childcare - and, frankly, for kids to forget everything they learnt.

Funny, I just came across this article on the CBC about these schools, which apparently still exist, but they're a minority:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/back-to-school-year-round-classes-1.3741029

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, JillyO said:

Same thing here in Germany. We had six weeks of summer break, a week of fall break (usually in early to mid-October), three weeks of Christmas break and two weeks for Easter. I always thought that was really nice, as the next break was never inconceivably far away. But then again, we don't tend to get super-hot summers. I understand the need for a three-month summer break in places where it's just blistering hot in the summer.

Spain, 10-11 weeks in summer, 2 in Christmas, 1 in Easter. Summers are Hot here, but last week of June and first of September are warm enough to go to class and most parents would appreciate shorter summer holidays. People spend lots of money in summercamps (or have the grandparents "working" as babysitters on summer). I think it's better a shorter summer break and more holidays during the year, so kids can rest more often.

i love German summers, I've been there a couple of times in Summer and it was so fresh. I'm very tired of the heat (and I'm not living in the hottest place). 

So Erika posted a meme, featuring two fairly recognizable characters from a recent trio of movies, and someone wrote:

I see this all over the web, what does that even mean? I hope those two homely guys aren't being mocked for being homeschoolers. :(

I laughed so hard I snorted.

11054278_788882641186798_445013034716694389_n.png

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So Erika posted a meme, featuring two fairly recognizable characters from a recent trio of movies, and someone wrote:

:omg:that's hillarious! 

I thought so too. It sounded so ridiculous. If she's seen it all over the web, she should've done some research. Also, the woman clearly does not understand the concept of a meme.

I snorted at that too. I also just don't understand why your takeaway from that image with that caption is those guys must be homeschoolers. I mean even if you don't recognize that they are actors from a movie. 

I took it upon myself to google "second breakfast," which has 11,300,000 results. The first of which is a freakin' Wikipedia page about second breakfast, and the second and third are clips from the movie. Fundie intellectual laziness at its finest.

5 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

I snorted at that too. I also just don't understand why your takeaway from that image with that caption is those guys must be homeschoolers. I mean even if you don't recognize that they are actors from a movie. 

I'm more shocked that her takeaway was that they are homely!! Billy maybe, but Dominic? Really?!

4 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I'm 99% sure that was just someone trolling.  

I don't think she's joking. Someone explained it to her:

I hope you're joking, but if not, "those two homely guys" are hobbits in Lord of the Rings and their characters are always eating and/or thinking about eating. ;)

I laughed out loud at her response to that: 

Oh, I'm glad they are just characters in something. My kids like to eat a lot too. Thanks.

I looked at her fb-profile and she looks like the standard Christian (wouldn't call her fundie) SAHM with six kids.

19 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lord of The Fundie Engagement Rings?

Gollum could be any of the Fundie girls, excuse me, young women, that look to marriage as the be-all, end-all goal of life. How else could we incorporate LOTR into Fundiedom?

2 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Lord of The Fundie Engagement Rings?

As long as the man hands the ring to the woman's father and lets him put it on her.  6 inch rule and all that...

Can't have anyone giving their heart away.

19 minutes ago, Koala said:

As long as the man hands the ring to the woman's father and lets him put it on her.  6 inch rule and all that...

Can't have anyone giving their heart away.

I have a sudden compulsion to quote the Beatles: "Hey, you've got to hide your love away."

Maybe they were secretly singing about fundies, maybe?  :my_biggrin:

Sometimes I thin Erika just does things like that. She knows who those guys are, come on. They've all seen Star Wars, but she can't recognize a Hobbit or second breakfast? 

16 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Sometimes I thin Erika just does things like that. She knows who those guys are, come on. They've all seen Star Wars, but she can't recognize a Hobbit or second breakfast? 

It wasn't Erika, it was someone responding to her post.  

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Has Erika been selling LilaRose for long? I don't recall seeing her post about it before. If this is a new development, do you think we'll get any Jill Rodrigues style videos from the Shupes?

29 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Has Erika been selling LilaRose for long? I don't recall seeing her post about it before. If this is a new development, do you think we'll get any Jill Rodrigues style videos from the Shupes?

She's been selling it for a while, so I don't think we'll ever see anything like that. She's much more relaxed about it than Jill is about her beloved Plexus. Of course, a crackhead is much more relaxed about crack than Jill is about Plexus...

Dairy Queen gave out free Oreo frappes yesterday. (You can get em coffee-less). Erika of course takes advantage of anything free. Yet again Karen and Melanie are absent. Twins are totally identical as per. 

And no, she would definitely not be a Jill. She likes talking about buying used stuff and, as seen above, takes advantage of free shit, but I don't think she'd ever be a grifter. She does actually buy the stuff herself. (Err, I mean GOD provides it!!)

7 hours ago, sta_sha said:

Thanks @Coy Koi. I'm still new-ish to Shupeland and hadn't heard her mention it before. I also can't imagine Erika going full on Jill.

Erika is surprisingly chill about it. Occasionally she posts pictures of her daughters wearing the clips as a promotional thing, but she's not pushy about it. It's one of the few okay things about her. 

That and all her whacky spellings. She provides endless hours of entertainment until you remember she's in charge of teaching children how to spell.

Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...

My yoga teacher today is what Erika might have been in a past life. 

Whispy hair and all.

And Erika would be super proud of her for calling a body part (I have no idea which one) the "top bottom." No one understood what she was saying, but she beamed a lot. If I weren't on the other side of the country from her, I'd swear it was a not-fundie-but-equally-strange relative.

I love to think of *beaming* as a disguise for/distraction from nonsense, almost as much as I love the thought of Erika teaching yoga (my mother in her fundie wisdom believes yoga to be demonic - does Erika believe the same?).

Talking rubbish is also known as talking out of one's arse. So the 'top bottom' could be the talking one?

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

I love to think of *beaming* as a disguise for/distraction from nonsense, almost as much as I love the thought of Erika teaching yoga (my mother in her fundie wisdom believes yoga to be demonic - does Erika believe the same?).

Talking rubbish is also known as talking out of one's arse. So the 'top bottom' could be the talking one?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. She told us to "elongate our top bottom." We were all realllllly confused and just sunk a little deeper into a down dog. I'm not sure if that's what she wanted or not.

As for yoga, I imagine she's pretty against it. 

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived