IGNORED

Counting On Part 11

Destiny

9 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

That's not really what I meant. By allowing shows with child molestation scandals to continue, it comes across as looking the other way and covering things up. That benefits nobody except TLC.

I think there are major differences between the Duggar situation and the Cake Boss situation.  The Duggars covered up the molestations which occured around the same time as the first specials. They presented themselves as a model Christian family and implied that all their children were models of purity and Christian wholesomeness.  Even if Discovery/TLC didn't know about the molestation initially, even if they didn't get a letter like the one Oprah's people did, they have to have known when Child Protection Services and the police were involved after Oprah turned the information over to the authorities, and they can't have been unaware of the internet rumors. But they chose to continue to present the Duggars as a wholesome if eccentric Christian family.

The Cake Boss show is about baking, decorating, selling baked goods, not about "a wholesome Christian family."  There was no reason for TLC to investigate what the people on the show were doing outside of baking cakes.   Further, it seems that the Vallastro family did the right thing when they (apparently along with the world) found out about the child molesting. The guy was removed from the show. There was no cover up.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2016 at 5:42 PM, raisingthebarre94 said:

True haha. But she was talking about the kardashians. Are they in CA? Could she have been on an episode with them on their show?

OH sweet sweet Jesus, the 2 most useless families in the universe, I don't see it though, Amy is to "common" for King Kim and her what ever they hell they are following her around.  Ugh, utterly useless and trashy, at least the duggars keep their clothes on.  I've seen Kim's vagina more than her Gynecologist, and I'm not even looking, every time I click a link its there and it is nasty! 

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

That's not really what I meant. By allowing shows with child molestation scandals to continue, it comes across as looking the other way and covering things up. That benefits nobody except TLC.

I think it's incredibly harsh to punish an entire group of people for one person's actions.  I don't know what else you think the Cake Boss family should have done.  Unless they were helping him hide his actions, it seems completely unreasonable for them to be punished because they knew him.

I am speaking of TLC looking the other way. This isn't just about Cake Boss, its about any show with a molestation scandal. I don't care what the premise of the show is.

So what exactly would you like TLC to do?  Should they treat Cake Boss the same as the Duggars and/or Honey Boo Boo?  Because right now you are lumping them with both of them and I would argue that they are in a very different situation compared to both of those shows.  Both the duggars and Mama June knew about the molestations and refused to do anything to protect their children which is the exact opposite of Cake Boss.  So I'm confused as to why you would include them.

39 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I am speaking of TLC looking the other way. This isn't just about Cake Boss, its about any show with a molestation scandal. I don't care what the premise of the show is.

I guess I am saying that it is not "looking the other way" if the guy was kicked out of the family and the show when it was discovered that he was a molester.

The premise of the show is relevant  to whether the show should have been cancelled or not.  A show about "We Bake Great  Cakes" can go on after the pervert has been kicked out more easily than a show about "We Are a Wholesome Family," after it is discovered that one of those "wholesome" kids was a molester.

Now if it was discovered that Cake Boss cakes caused food poisoning due to the bakery's carelessness, or they used toxic materials, etc. that would be reason to cancel the show. But someone molesting kids on his own time is not going to spoil the "Great Cakes" concept.  Kicking the guy out of the show was, in my opinion, enough.  

This week TLC  announced dates for almost everything, except "Counting On"

-Sundays and Wednesday are taking

- The Duggars could fill the spot after "Cake Boss or Tyler Perry's "Too Close To Home"(Monday) It would be the first time the Duggars aren't  a lead in show.

- Counting On could be moved to Thursday at 9e/8c. We could finally get the Duggars vs. Bates. Or maybe they'll move to Friday, which is usually where networks move their worst or least rated shows( I don't know if it's like that on cable. TLC has some success with SYTTD on Friday).

My prediction is Thursday, August 25

The molester on the Cake Boss was kicked off, right? It's not like he's being included in future baking events or jobs on the show. He's not still communicating with Buddy, or at least I hope not. 

Josh, on the other hand, is still connected to the family and has access to young children. He still gets to participate in fundie events. He's a part of the fold.

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

The molester on the Cake Boss was kicked off, right? It's not like he's being included in future baking events or jobs on the show. He's not still communicating with Buddy, or at least I hope not. 

Josh, on the other hand, is still connected to the family and has access to young children. He still gets to participate in fundie events. He's a part of the fold.

Not only was he kicked off, I'm pretty sure he is no longer married to the sister.  In a Q&A she did, she said she was a single mom, so I'm assuming they divorced.  Some of the news articles also said that they guy is Mexican and could be deported after being released from prison, so it's very unlikely he is involved with the family at all.  

OK, so the show is happening?  Is not happening?  Or is it for sure but just no date yet?  Did they say how many episodes or whatever else? 

17 hours ago, Kira said:

Just sayin, if its against thursday night football I'm out... 

Noooo. Buzzard, I don't have cable. How can I survive without your brilliant recaps? You could always record the game and watch it later, skipping the commercials. Problem solved. Or was that heresy?

19 hours ago, Kira said:

This week TLC  announced dates for almost everything, except "Counting On"

-Sundays and Wednesday are taking

- The Duggars could fill the spot after "Cake Boss or Tyler Perry's "Too Close To Home"(Monday) It would be the first time the Duggars aren't  a lead in show.

- Counting On could be moved to Thursday at 9e/8c. We could finally get the Duggars vs. Bates. Or maybe they'll move to Friday, which is usually where networks move their worst or least rated shows( I don't know if it's like that on cable. TLC has some success with SYTTD on Friday).

Interesting. I saw this recent "I am TLC" commercial and they had people from all of their shows (even kate from kate +8, which i didn't realize was still on!) EXCEPT counting on. thought that was telling - they no longer want their brand to be associated with the duggars, it seems. 

22 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Interesting. I saw this recent "I am TLC" commercial and they had people from all of their shows (even kate from kate +8, which i didn't realize was still on!) EXCEPT counting on. thought that was telling - they no longer want their brand to be associated with the duggars, it seems. 

Who are the 2 guys with the baby? I am not familiar with that show.

4 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Ben and Jessa did an "I am TLC" promo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TLC/status/752155456030801920/photo/1

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

OT but I can't wait for 10/27  My first TNF game! 

9 hours ago, Purrl said:

Who are the 2 guys with the baby? I am not familiar with that show.

Oprah 's favorite interior designer Nate Berkus and his husband interior designer Jeremiah Brent

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That looks like last season's promo when Jessa still had bangs.

I think the "I am TLC" campaign is new, but that could be an old photo of the Seewalds. 

16 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

OT but I can't wait for 10/27  My first TNF game! 

Wow, football is sneaking up on us. Gotta get my FFB group to pick a date for our draft. It's pretty funny, an all woman FFB league - our first year it was stuff made for candid camera :my_biggrin:

On 7/22/2016 at 8:44 AM, Buzzard said:

My new apartment has cable and I don't like football so I could recap it if necessary... I would advise everyone to start heavily investing in whiskey companies though because I'm pretty sure I could sustain a whole company if I got that job. Plus I don't think I could fill your shoes so I'll just hope they go for a non-conflict day.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The whole thing is very odd.  If they wanted them back so badly, why not pimp them and announce a date?

Has TLC ever officially confirmed the series was continuing?

I asked once before out here and was directed to some tabloid sites, but never did find the TLC source.

The series thus far as been so dreadful - and so under-sponsored - that I have trouble seeing another set of episodes.  A marriage special for sure, but not an entire season.  

28 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Has TLC ever officially confirmed the series was continuing?

I asked once before out here and was directed to some tabloid sites, but never did find the TLC source.

The series thus far as been so dreadful - and so under-sponsored - that I have trouble seeing another set of episodes.  A marriage special for sure, but not an entire season.  

As far as I know only the Duggars have confirmed it in their various interviews and statements (ie people).  I believe they've been seen with cameras, but we havent seen a picture of them filming like we have in the past.  I am not aware of any TLC press release announcing the show.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

As far as I know only the Duggars have confirmed it in their various interviews and statements (ie people).  I believe they've been seen with cameras, but we havent seen a picture of them filming like we have in the past.  I am not aware of any TLC press release announcing the show.

When TLC announced that Jinger and Jeremy were courting, they made a comment about the show coming back this summer

ETA: I'm sorry, the article confirming it was a People article. 

https://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/counting/

TLC have been very quiet about it but it does seem to be official. Something is holding them back from releasing a premiere date though.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived