IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Eh. Spurgeon looks fine to me in that picture. I don't see an issue so long as there's a parent or adult  to monitor his playtime with the doorstop - if he gets the cap loose someone should be there to take it away.

Jessa seems to adore her son. I see the same thing in the way Jill speaks about Israel in those blog posts they write (where she talks about his favorite foods and playing soccer with daddy.) I have no doubt they are both thoroughly steeped in IBLP/ATI though. Their kids - or at least Spurgeon - are still too little to really be blanket trained or brain washed. It's possible that they'll love their kids enough to avoid those things, but just as possible they'll love their kids and still raise them that way too. Time will tell. Until then I hope they really savor and enjoy the time they have with their little guys.

The scary thing about the dobsons/pearls/blanket training people is that they do it out of love.  The parents are brainwashed into thinking that if you don't have an instantly obedient child, they'll go to hell.  They are taught to harden their hearts and beat their babies to prevent hell, and if you genuinely believe that then its easy to see how you can love your child and beat them (even as babies)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2016 at 0:27 PM, EmCatlyn said:

You may be right to hope.  I think that Jessa coped with her family by not letting them "get" to her.  That baby "gets" to her.  I hope she doesn't get pregnant or adopt any time soon.  This may be the first real feelings she has allowed herself to have since childhood.

I think also that if it weren't for the TLC stuff, Jessa would have broken away from her family's craziness when she turned 18.  She likes being a relatively idle celebrity, but she seems to have an energy for more.  We see that energy in her feelings  for The Unfortunately Named Child. 

Since I am on a roll with speculation, I wonder if one of the reasons that Jinger (who seems a much less independent personality) used to give that eye-rolling, impatient vibe was that she had Jessa. The two girls may have reinforced each others'  ability to resist some of the programing, but when pressured to conform to "being a young lady" Jessa may have found a place to resist the feelings of unworthiness while paying lip-service to the family beliefs while Jinger was hit harder.

If so, we can only hope that if Jessa gradually frees herself, she will be able to Free Jinger.

i have never been able to express this eloquently before - Jessa always had a facade at home because she didn't want to be overwhelmed by her family and their bizarre lifestyle and weird plans from JB that was strictly for the tv. 

so the jessa we are seeing with Spud is the real jessa without the facade. 

I think Jessa played Jinger a lot - looking at the original series - whenever JB had a plan they always shared a look and sometimes you could see Jessa out Jinger 

I think if the rumors are true about Jeremy and Jinger moving to Texas with the seewalds - that would be an interesting dynamic 

1 hour ago, nst said:

i have never been able to express this eloquently before - Jessa always had a facade at home because she didn't want to be overwhelmed by her family and their bizarre lifestyle and weird plans from JB that was strictly for the tv. 

so the jessa we are seeing with Spud is the real jessa without the facade. 

I think Jessa played Jinger a lot - looking at the original series - whenever JB had a plan they always shared a look and sometimes you could see Jessa out Jinger 

I think if the rumors are true about Jeremy and Jinger moving to Texas with the seewalds - that would be an interesting dynamic 

If they all four move away, I could see them reverting back to Seewald type fundie-dom. Girls can wear jeans, but they still homeschool, have a bunch of kids (but maybe don't leave it to God/hump like bunnies?), and generally seem more relaxed. I'm not sure if they would qualify as fundie-light or conservative Christian, but I think any step away from full blown Quiverfull is probably a step in the right direction. 

On 7/12/2016 at 3:57 PM, princessmahina said:

If they all four move away, I could see them reverting back to Seewald type fundie-dom. Girls can wear jeans, but they still homeschool, have a bunch of kids (but maybe don't leave it to God/hump like bunnies?), and generally seem more relaxed. I'm not sure if they would qualify as fundie-light or conservative Christian, but I think any step away from full blown Quiverfull is probably a step in the right direction. 

And they could have a bouncy, happy, "non-threatening" family show just like the Bates.

14 hours ago, Purrl said:

And they could have a bouncy, happy, "non-threatening" family show just like the Bates.

Jess's doesn't make fundie-dom look good though, I think. The Bateses actually seem to be happy. As far as I can tell, the only one married to an idiot man child is Kelly. It would take a lot of work for the Seewalds to look as good as the Bateses do. 

7 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Jess's doesn't make fundie-dom look good though, I think. The Bateses actually seem to be happy. As far as I can tell, the only one married to an idiot man child is Kelly. It would take a lot of work for the Seewalds to look as good as the Bateses do. 

Yeah, but Jessa also has a decade or so of being on a reality show designed to make her and her family look like freaks working against her too. If the Bates had kept their TLC show longer than one season then I highly doubt people would be watching the new show and thinking they're a nice, normal family. They'd be watching and thinking they're big freaks trying to rebrand their image like the Duggars are with, "Counting On."

On 7/8/2016 at 5:37 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Derick had other girlfriends? Well that's just another explanation for Jill acting like cling wrap.

Can't snark on the doorstopper thing too much. I let my 5 month old play with it for the longest time because it would make him laugh, I only had him stop once he bit the little white rubber part off and smiled at me with it in his mouth. Whoops. 

And take into account the whole Joshley scandal. I'm sure Jill was convinced that she had to watch Derick like a hawk, be Joyfully Available at all times, and be the perfect fundie wife. I'm sure some of the clinging is control -- she can't just sexually dominate Derick like Jim Bob does Michelle (and I feel like a lot of Jim Bob's constant pawing at Michelle is his way of compensating for the fact that she at one point had a sexuality that did not revolve solely around him), so she does what she knows she can do: make sure he never strays and goes back to being with other women.

I saw this on Kveller this evening:

One Thing I Wish People Didn't Bash the Duggars For

The writer seems to misunderstand why people were critical of the photo of the inappropriately dressed Jessa posing with Bin in the weight room.  It has one comment lauding the article, but none pointing out it's flaws in reasoning.  You need to have a FB to reply ,which I don't.  Does anyone want to take one for the team and comment?

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I predict the child will be named Baxter, for Richard Baxter.

That's a dog name. And I totally see them feed in their kids like dogs in 5 years or so when they are done

14 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That's a dog name. And I totally see them feed in their kids like dogs in 5 years or so when they are done

"Richard" would be the logical name, which is why I chose to go with "Baxter."  They can be kewl and do it whether its a boy or girl, the goal being to have a whole library of little Jesusbots to show off how well read they are pretending to be!

40 minutes ago, withaj said:

The speculation train for Spurgeon's Second Coming has left the station.

bust and bellies are negligible, but the face never lies :D I def thinks she's pregnant 

JJCO-Jinger-Engagement-8.png

perhaps she conceived the day they were actually engaged because Jessa seems to be in love with her sister 

as well as her husband 

so you can tell at 1 month ? duh yes I realize how that sounds 

but she would be what 1 month along and she can change ALREADY? 

But Ben looks ecstatic - Jessa and Ben are so obvious - they will all go to texas together 

Can someone put a side by side of a "definitely not pregnant" picture, that is fairly recent and the ones now?

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Can someone put a side by side of a "definitely not pregnant" picture, that is fairly recent and the ones now?

the most recent I have seen of Jessa is she is sitting down in the video of wishing her parents a happy anniversary 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

the most recent I have seen of Jessa is she is sitting down in the video of wishing her parents a happy anniversary 

but she's not in the definitely not pregnant category in that one, if her face is showing it, she is likely 2-3 months along.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I predict the child will be named Baxter, for Richard Baxter.

Only if the child is a girl. ;)

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

but she's not in the definitely not pregnant category in that one, if her face is showing it, she is likely 2-3 months along.

wow - you think she is that far along so in May she got pregnant just as the finale aired 

a SCA conception perhaps 

i edit because they were there in March - so a fake SCA conception 

I really can't tell whether women are pregnant just by looking at their face. Am I the only one?

On 7/7/2016 at 6:54 PM, trisprefect said:

Did anyone else see that article from IBT where Jessa admits that she and Ben *gasp* used to have private phone conversations every night before they were engaged?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jessa-seewald-reveals-she-broke-duggar-courtship-rule-husband-ben-2389335

Also that Derrick *gasp* had relationships with other girls before he met Jill. The whole dirty story is coming out now, people!

Whores! They're all whores!

The funniest part is I can't even imagine what Jessa and Ben could possibly have talked about? Hey did you read this part of the bible? Oh you want to be a Chrsitian rapper, sounds legit.

On 7/8/2016 at 8:17 PM, patsymae said:

I'm glad I was a mother before everything had to be perfect and no one could be a good mom if their kid was exposed to germs, or you didn't keep a hospital-clean floor

I've mentioned it before, but one of my kids ate a burger that he had dropped on the ground outside in Manhattan. Yes, it probably had hobo piss on it, but he lived. lol And he was a 2lb 29 weeker, so I chalked it up to growing his immune system. And in case it matters, which it doesn't, it was my husband who picked it up, glanced at it for hair or rocks, and handed it to him. I was aghast, lol.

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

THE MAN PUNTED BAXTER!!!!

baxter.png

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived