IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Seriously people? Jessa is clearly RIGHT FREEKING THERE cos she took the picture. Every single one of my kids have been entranced by the door stopper and guess what, none of them fucking died from it. If he takes the white thingy off, take it away from him and let him play. Also, if you have ever had a natural stone floor, those fuckers are practically impossible to keep clean. I swept mine an hour ago, and guess what, you can't tell that it ever happened.

Who among us actually keeps a house that they would not be going OH SHIT if their mother-in-law, or whoever plays the hypercritical role in their lives, walked in right now without notice? I sure as shit don't, and never did. Clearly I should stop posting pictures of Luna because someone might see that my room needs vacuuming and talk shit about me on the internet.

And to the bolded that goes for whatever kind of tile I have, too.  (Is that something I'm supposed to know?)

But seriously if some of you live lives that can live up to this level of scrutiny God bless you but most of us don't.  

And you just know there is someone reading feeling like shit about their normal but not immaculate home and I'm glad @Destiny threw that counter point out there.

When I was young and newly married with a baby I broke down in tears because the Huxtables had 5 kids and both parents worked and there were never dishes in the sink or a basket of laundry on the couch.  My mom laughed, hugged me, and said that's because my life isn't fictional.

we may all have different standards and current states if tidy but I maintain that perfection....is always fictional.  On tv or online.

LOL Forever and people freaking out over that pic of Spurgeon. I am so glad I'm not a famewhore who posts pics of her kids all over public social media. Couple days ago we had a storm here and my two 4 year olds climbed onto a windowsil to stand and watch the storm and I took a picture. Yes, they could have fallen out our ground floor window, yes it looks dangerous, and I'm sure yes strangers would assume I let them do that on 2nd floor windows with no lock or gate. But ya know, I don't. And my mother knows that so that is why she is the only person I sent that photo to.

I also have a pic of my kid when he leaned too far over a basket of old Playboy magazines someone gave my husband (seriously from the 60s, they were SO COOL) and fell in head first. He wasn't screaming so I took the pic first then rescued him. Or when both kids climbed onto a shelf and I also took the pic then rescued. 

Kids do stupid, dangerous stuff and parents use their judgment to know how and when to stop them and step in. If you're close enough to get that pic of Spurgeon (OH GOD LOL) looking at a door stop, you're close enough to toss the phone down and swipe the white stopper out of his mouth before he chokes.

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When I was young and newly married with a baby I broke down in tears because the Huxtables had 5 kids and both parents worked and there were never dishes in the sink or a basket of laundry on the couch.

Hey the Huxtables' dad was out there raping everything in sight so I wouldn't be too envious!

I pinched my finger in one of those door stopper things when I was little and it hurt pretty badly, so I did have sort of a reflexive cringe reaction, but it's nothing life threatening.

The floor looks fine to me; I'm sure it's cleaner than mine at this point in my work week.

Did anyone else see that article from IBT where Jessa admits that she and Ben *gasp* used to have private phone conversations every night before they were engaged?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jessa-seewald-reveals-she-broke-duggar-courtship-rule-husband-ben-2389335

Also that Derrick *gasp* had relationships with other girls before he met Jill. The whole dirty story is coming out now, people!

I can't snark about the floors. Also, while I was reading this thread earlier, my 4 year old was playing with the door stopper, making me laugh.

Jessa seems to really love her child.

2 hours ago, trisprefect said:

Did anyone else see that article from IBT where Jessa admits that she and Ben *gasp* used to have private phone conversations every night before they were engaged?

http://www.ibtimes.com/jessa-seewald-reveals-she-broke-duggar-courtship-rule-husband-ben-2389335

Also that Derrick *gasp* had relationships with other girls before he met Jill. The whole dirty story is coming out now, people!

:pb_lol: I love it when they realize that all the shit they've said has worked against them and so they "admit" to being slightly less bonkers than they are on paper in a vain attempt to appear normal. 

Is any of it even new? I remember them saying on 19KAC that Jessa and Ben were allowed to have private phone conversations after courting for so long. And Derrick having had a mainstream life before turning stupid isn't news, so why he's acting as if having had girlfriends before is a huge reveal is beyond me. Was he that offended that people said he needed Jim Bob to find a wife?

I still can't get my kids to leave door stoppers alone and they're 5 & 7. I thought the floor looked okay, but I have low standards.:my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

:pb_lol: I love it when they realize that all the shit they've said has worked against them and so they "admit" to being slightly less bonkers than they are on paper in a vain attempt to appear normal. 

Is any of it even new? I remember them saying on 19KAC that Jessa and Ben were allowed to have private phone conversations after courting for so long. And Derrick having had a mainstream life before turning stupid isn't news, so why he's acting as if having had girlfriends before is a huge reveal is beyond me. Was he that offended that people said he needed Jim Bob to find a wife?

Seems it could be a response to the interest in Jeremy's past and Jinger's courtship.  But whether they are competing for attention or trying to make the difference between Jeremy and the other two less striking is not clear.  Probably a bit of both, plus, as you say, a misguided attempt to show that they are "not perfect." 

24 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Seems it could be a response to the interest in Jeremy's past and Jinger's courtship.  But whether they are competing for attention or trying to make the difference between Jeremy and the other two less striking is not clear.  Probably a bit of both, plus, as you say, a misguided attempt to show that they are "not perfect." 

I think they are (also? ) responding to the way the bates portrai themselves  on TV and all the positive feedback on the Internet (even Ally and Lilis  blog) on how much more normal they seem. In addition they need to "reveal" something g "new" as often as possible to make the restart  of the gravy train happen.  My guess is that TLC told them that either the ratings and the problem with advertisers  are much better next season or its over (with the exception of specials). I  can't wait to see what TLC is going to do with Josh.

Isn't attention hogging "the Duggar way?"  After all, this one got engaged and that one announced a pregnancy, then this one started courting and that one announced that it was her anniversary, (second anniversary so fucking what) and this one announced a pregnancy and that one had a birthday, etc, etc, etc.,

Derick had other girlfriends? Well that's just another explanation for Jill acting like cling wrap.

Can't snark on the doorstopper thing too much. I let my 5 month old play with it for the longest time because it would make him laugh, I only had him stop once he bit the little white rubber part off and smiled at me with it in his mouth. Whoops. 

Wolf 2 pulled the safety cap out of the outlet and stuck a key in it. Not gonna snark on the door stopper. BTW, he didn't do it again, and grew up to be an engineer.

I'm glad I was a mother before everything had to be perfect and no one could be a good mom if their kid was exposed to germs, or you didn't keep a hospital-clean floor (guess I shouldn't even mention the time the whole neighborhood went looking for my kid who had gone to Dunkin Donuts (no streets crossed) and cadged them out of some chocolate extravaganza.

I didn't see anything wrong with this pic and can't believe I'm defending that sanctimonious bitch twice in one week, but there is so, so much wrong with her and her headship, but I don't see a child exploring on a presumably non-sterile floor while his mom is a foot away as one of them. He wasn't crawling though a pile of maggot-ridden rotting food on the floor, and he wasn't getting beaten with plumbing line for venturing off a blanket. 

On 7/8/2016 at 1:11 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I still can't get my kids to leave door stoppers alone and they're 5 & 7. I thought the floor looked okay, but I have low standards.:my_biggrin:

If I could get my cat to leave those fucking things alone, I'd declare myself the Queen of Kitty Parenting. 

Mine thinks its especially awesome to do that at 3 AM. Worst Feline Headship ever...

@JesusCampSongs, you must have those springy door stops that go "boing!"  I can see how cats would love those!

I have neither springy door stops nor cats.  That last is to my sorrow.  My last two cats have died within the past 18 months.  We need cats in this house! We've had cats since '87. At least, two of my grandcats are getting to spend a week here in October.

My nephew used to Boinnnnng! the doorstop thingy and then break into the most amazing and joyful gurgle-laugh that you ever heard in your life! When I saw the picture of The Spurge, the first thing I did was smile, remembering...

i think Jessa is crazy in love with her little man. And I think it could be the wedge that gradually makes a difference over time, because she won't want to blanket train him or see him lose his sparkle to blind obedience. JMHO, but here's hoping  :thumbsup:

My understanding when my boys were little was that exposing children to dust and dirt prevented allergies. 

So, after giving it much thought, I went that route. And, guess what, they have no allergies!!

This advice was unsolicited and remains without any fee. 

I don't see any more dirt on that floor other than what one would expect.. Why did y'all decide the floor was dirty? Looks clean to me.

10 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

My understanding when my boys were little was that exposing children to dust and dirt prevented allergies. 

So, after giving it much thought, I went that route. And, guess what, they have no allergies!!

This advice was unsolicited and remains without any fee. 

My parents weren't clean freaks as I was growing up.. my best friends parents were. 

We lived together in a dorm room in college. She was constantly sick. I never was. 

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I don't see any more dirt on that floor other than what one would expect.. Why did y'all decide the floor was dirty? Looks clean to me.

I think it was meant to be tongue and cheek.. because around the time when Jessa was giving birth she mentioned how she had never cleaned or dusted underneath the furniture.

4 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

My nephew used to Boinnnnng! the doorstop thingy and then break into the most amazing and joyful gurgle-laugh that you ever heard in your life! When I saw the picture of The Spurge, the first thing I did was smile, remembering...

i think Jessa is crazy in love with her little man. And I think it could be the wedge that gradually makes a difference over time, because she won't want to blanket train him or see him lose his sparkle to blind obedience. JMHO, but here's hoping  :thumbsup:

You may be right to hope.  I think that Jessa coped with her family by not letting them "get" to her.  That baby "gets" to her.  I hope she doesn't get pregnant or adopt any time soon.  This may be the first real feelings she has allowed herself to have since childhood.

I think also that if it weren't for the TLC stuff, Jessa would have broken away from her family's craziness when she turned 18.  She likes being a relatively idle celebrity, but she seems to have an energy for more.  We see that energy in her feelings  for The Unfortunately Named Child. 

Since I am on a roll with speculation, I wonder if one of the reasons that Jinger (who seems a much less independent personality) used to give that eye-rolling, impatient vibe was that she had Jessa. The two girls may have reinforced each others'  ability to resist some of the programing, but when pressured to conform to "being a young lady" Jessa may have found a place to resist the feelings of unworthiness while paying lip-service to the family beliefs while Jinger was hit harder.

If so, we can only hope that if Jessa gradually frees herself, she will be able to Free Jinger.

On 7/7/2016 at 5:19 PM, defraudedbychipendales said:

I can't snark about the floors. Also, while I was reading this thread earlier, my 4 year old was playing with the door stopper, making me laugh.

Jessa seems to really love her child.

Seems like that to me too.  She seems enamoured of him, which is how I felt about my son when he was little too.  I am hopeful that she won't have a huge number of kids, and that her love for her child won't allow her to use corporal punishment.  *fingers crossed*  Many, many children have happily survived having a doofus or two for parents.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:02 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

If I could get my cat to leave those fucking things alone, I'd declare myself the Queen of Kitty Parenting. 

Mine thinks its especially awesome to do that at 3 AM. Worst Feline Headship ever...

I removed those doorstops from my home because of my cats playing with them in the middle of the night.  So my female cat took to banging the cupboard doors instead.  Such a diva.

We swapped the coil/cap doorstops for the solid ones during childproofing for our first child.

They still boinged, but not so attractively... However, no caps for choking and no springs for pinching!

My floors, however, were not pristine. At one stage I remember the family room floor being carpeted in cheerios EVERY SINGLE DAY, though it didn't last forever. Cats, dirt (even though we were a 'remove shoes at the door' family - somehow the cats didn't comply), dust - we had it all.

I wouldn't want a picture of my floor conditions on the internet...

Eh. Spurgeon looks fine to me in that picture. I don't see an issue so long as there's a parent or adult  to monitor his playtime with the doorstop - if he gets the cap loose someone should be there to take it away.

Jessa seems to adore her son. I see the same thing in the way Jill speaks about Israel in those blog posts they write (where she talks about his favorite foods and playing soccer with daddy.) I have no doubt they are both thoroughly steeped in IBLP/ATI though. Their kids - or at least Spurgeon - are still too little to really be blanket trained or brain washed. It's possible that they'll love their kids enough to avoid those things, but just as possible they'll love their kids and still raise them that way too. Time will tell. Until then I hope they really savor and enjoy the time they have with their little guys.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived