IGNORED

An Elegant Life by Jennifer - is this a hoax?

truthseeker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She also writes that Taylor Swift is a demon, black people are thugs who probably deserved to die if the police beat them to death, yet she is not a racist because she has a black housekeeper, heterosexuals would have been able to stop the Orlando shooter, Down syndrome is a curse, Nicole Simpson got murdered because she wasn't properly submissive to OJ, and she became God's prophet at 7 years old after her father had "touched her with passionate hands" and she began to understand God's love, and that it is no wonder that the world is so full of terror  and unrest because a woman can become a lawyer, doctor or president. 

Yeah it seems like her purpose is to offend as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

4 hours ago, truthseeker said:

Just came across a link to this on Facebook, and couldn't find any reference to her when I searched the forums.

I'm thinking it's a hoax.  It's got to be, right????

https://jennifermayers.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/americas-martyr-no-race-mixing/

I'm going with hoax. She doesn't miss a trick here, managing to hit every possible offensive trigger. Mongoloid? Seriously, when was the last time you heard that? Coming out in favor of the Stanford rapist? If there's a way to offend, she's right there. Too convenient. 

Clearly, she worships at the altar of the Stinking Lousewife. Similar style, similar philosophy, but I'm still going with hoax. Or part of a Psych 101 class project. 

I'm agreeing with this one being fake. She's picking as many offensive topics as possible. @sparkles had a good point, there. When WAS the last time you heard someone use the word "mongoloid"? (Outside of the book Precious)

I read the first couple of paras of the linked post and couldn't carry on. I hope for the love of all that is good, that this  is a hoax.

She makes Kidist look, not merely sane, but tolerant. Please let this be a hoax.

It has to be a hoax. It's just TOO over the top. ...Isn't it? 

I'm pretty sure it is meant to be satire.  The big problem is that it keeps you guessing for a bit because some people really do think like that.  And that number seems to be growing.

Haha, Poe fo sho. This is hilarious:

I have riches now that my extended family could never have dreamed of.   I paved my OWN way to this prosperous life.

I have no sympathy for people who are cheap and buy tacky things.

She says ... along with a photo of a labeled bag.

:laughing-rollingyellow:

19 hours ago, mallallory said:

It doesn't matter if it's satire or heartfelt, it's disgusting. 

This. The real story of Christy Sheats, the woman who shot her two daughters, just appeared on my FB newsfeed. It's so horrific that if this Jennifer person's blog is satire it's even worse than if it's real. How anyone can use a story like this in a mocking way is just incomprehensible to me.

On 6/30/2016 at 7:22 AM, sparkles said:

I'm going with hoax. She doesn't miss a trick here, managing to hit every possible offensive trigger. Mongoloid? Seriously, when was the last time you heard that? Coming out in favor of the Stanford rapist? If there's a way to offend, she's right there. Too convenient. 

Clearly, she worships at the altar of the Stinking Lousewife. Similar style, similar philosophy, but I'm still going with hoax. Or part of a Psych 101 class project. 

The Newberry Award winning book "The Westing Game" uses the term Mongoloid, but it was written ages ago and it wouldn't surprise me if newer editions of the book have removed the word, like how newer edition of "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret" took out the references to sanitary belts. On topic, it's a sad state of affairs when someone spouts so many hateful opinions and you can't even tell if it's a joke because of the poisonous state of discourse.

7 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The Newberry Award winning book "The Westing Game" uses the term Mongoloid, but it was written ages ago and it wouldn't surprise me if newer editions of the book have removed the word, like how newer edition of "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret" took out the references to sanitary belts. On topic, it's a sad state of affairs when someone spouts so many hateful opinions and you can't even tell if it's a joke because of the poisonous state of discourse.

The last time I call recall hearing the term mongoloid was in the Devo song of the same name, way back in '78, I think. I also remember that in general usage, the term was usually followed by the word "idiot." So we've come far, but not far enough it idiots like this blogger/troll think that unearthing it (among other offenses) is the way to get his/her jollies.

And yes, it is pretty damned sad that it's hard to tell what's real and what's not. People are wearing their offensiveness like a badge of honor these days.

It has to be a parody.  It just has to.  Because no sane person would say this:

Secondly, I will NOT apologize for my views in that blog.  Miscegenation is WRONG and it will destroy the white race as we know it. If everyone would stay with their own kind there would be no confused yellow babies not knowing which race they have to portray or “act” like in order to fit in. It just is not right.

when that person is Latina and therefore, not of the "white race."  I assume her husband IS white, so she is doing the very thing she despises. 

OR

She's extremely unhinged.

OR

She's conducting research for a project involving strangers' reactions to inflammatory statements.

I strongly believe she's trolling. I refuse to call it satire.

She's getting a lot of attention for it because she's only taking things just a little bit beyond what is unfortunately common thinking. Or sometimes it's not even past what people really think. I will never forget my coworker saying "Now, you know I'm not racist, but if my daughter gets knocked up by that n***** she's dating, I will push her down the stairs myself."

I think unfortunately some people may be thinking she's for real and actually nodding their heads in agreement. :/

On 6/30/2016 at 7:22 AM, sparkles said:

Some french Canadians still use the word "mongol" which is used in the same way as calling someone (or something) "retarded". Although if you call them out on it (which I do) they will claim it isn't about people with downs, but people from Mongolia, as if that makes it any better. From my limited research on the origins of it being used as an insult, looks like a little of both. Mongol is also an insult in Farsi. I'm sure other language use it as an insult, those two just happen to be the ones I've been exposed to. (They also share the word for condom! Language is fun!)

I'm going with hoax/satire on this one. While it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone could hold all those beliefs, the delivery just seems a bit too precision-targeted with the aim of causing maximum offense to the maximum number of people.

Definitely a POE enjoying the clicks.

Hello friends and fans.  I just wanted to make a brief little statement of appreciation and special thanks.

When I began this Twitter journey it was meant to be an outlet for me to express my beliefs and spread the Word of Christ to anyone who would listen and accept it.

As I’ve become accustomed to the newfound fame and recognition that I’ve received by so many of you, it’s only further cemented my devotion to dedicate myself and my words to God’s Love and positivity.

Please take it from personal experience when I tell you that fame is not all it’s cracked up to be.  I have never been subjected to so much abuse and hateful words and comments thrown my way.  I would be lying to say it didn’t hurt me deeply.  But much like Christ, I have to take my persecution and my wounds and carry on.  Because that is what He wants.

I was chosen.  I am HIS messenger.  And so by reaching out and touching so many of you, whether good or bad, I know that He is watching over me and guiding me down this glorious path.

Not only do I consider you as fans, but you are also my friends.  And I cherish you.  Even if you do not agree with me or my beliefs.  Just by taking the time to read and maybe ponder them silently is enough to make me feel like my duty is being done in the name of Christ.

I adore you and wish you all a blessed evening and many many days to come.

On 6/30/2016 at 0:27 PM, Khan said:

I'm agreeing with this one being fake. She's picking as many offensive topics as possible. @sparkles had a good point, there. When WAS the last time you heard someone use the word "mongoloid"? (Outside of the book Precious)

American Horror Story, season one, used once by Jessica Lange's aging southern belle. Before that, a Perry Mason book. Yeah, not in common usage. I call hoax but invoke Poe.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:58 AM, Chevreuil said:

Some french Canadians still use the word "mongol" which is used in the same way as calling someone (or something) "retarded". Although if you call them out on it (which I do) they will claim it isn't about people with downs, but people from Mongolia, as if that makes it any better. From my limited research on the origins of it being used as an insult, looks like a little of both. Mongol is also an insult in Farsi. I'm sure other language use it as an insult, those two just happen to be the ones I've been exposed to. (They also share the word for condom! Language is fun!)

My SIL is from Mexico, and hadn't been in the US for very long when she and my BIL married and had my niece, who has DS, and even now 16 years later struggles with some translations.  My SIL used the term when she couldn't think of the English DS when talking about the baby's initial diagnosis.  If the blogger is from Guatemala, perhaps it's a more accepted term in Hispanic culture?

NOT IN ANY WAY defending the rest of the blogger's statements.

My fundie mother has been heard to say 'mongoloid', and is indignant and defensive when called out for it.  Surely she can't be the only one.

Whoa.  Can't even begin to wrap my brain around this one.

It has rendered me speechless.  No easy feat, to be sure.

Archived