IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

Probably Elizabeth, everyone likes to use Elizabeth (coming from an Elizabeth). :roll:

Or Elaine. Eleanor. 

I concur. It's gotta be Elizabeth. That's one of only two E names I can think of that sounds remotely "good" after Marjorie. (The other being Elaine, but that feels like too "old" a name for someone with that particular spelling of Marjorie for a first name.) (This also coming from an Emmaline Elizabeth with initials that spell EEW.)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that she is writing another book.  I do appreciate that Marjorie does at least have some personality and spunk- something that JB and Michelle would certainly have prayer closeted out of any of their daughters. 

Oh Xanga, man was I a proper little dramatic teenage girl on there. :pb_lol:

Actually, a post I made on Xanga once got be benched during a high school basketball game. We talked about drinking on our Xangas, our coaches found out and punished us. 

In Academy, our screen names for computers were our first letter of our first name (first initial) plus our last name. There was a student there named, I kid you not, "Emily Vilsaint." So her screen name was "evilsaint."

The lab assistant deleted her account 3 times, before realizing that no one had backed the server, that was an actual student account.

"Marjorie E" kind of reminds me of that, for some reason.

It sounds like someone is saying Marjorieeeeeeeeee of you say it out loud.

What middle name starting with E would even sound good with Marjorie?

Any middle name that doesn't have a long e sound. Elizabeth, Evelyn, Elise, Eleanor, Emily, etc.

In Academy, our screen names for computers were our first letter of our first name (first initial) plus our last name. There was a student there named, I kid you not, "Emily Vilsaint." So her screen name was "evilsaint."

The lab assistant deleted her account 3 times, before realizing that no one had backed the server, that was an actual student account.

"Marjorie E" kind of reminds me of that, for some reason.

It sounds like someone is saying Marjorieeeeeeeeee of you say it out loud.

What middle name starting with E would even sound good with Marjorie?

Any middle name that doesn't have a long e sound. Elizabeth, Evelyn, Elise, Eleanor, Emily, etc.

Haha I finally found my Xanga archive files. One of my posts starts with:

i dunno where exactly i left off, so i'll just give a general recap
brian and i arent really friends anymore
i stood him up
and hes mad
cause he had to pay $19000 out of his pocket
but it took him a long time to realize i was over him

I remember that.. We were supposed to go to Hawaii together and live there for the summer. We had been dating before that, but we broke up (I cant remember why) and he said that I could still go but I had to pay for my half of the trip. So, I didn't show up at the airport because there was no way in hell I was going with him and definitely not if I was expected to pay $19k for a vacation.

Also, around that time, I was exclaiming how crazy it was that I was offered a job that would pay $400 a week. Clearly, we lived in a much different economic time then, or I just didn't understand how much life costs. Not sure which.

I just turned 19 and while I don't know everything there is to know about love, I think my experiences are still valid in their own right, so I don't see why it's a big deal that Marjorie wants to share her thoughts on love (especially when she's specifically targeting young girls).

I mean that objectively, of course, because I don't think I'll agree with most of what she'll say. Maybe I'm more empathetic because we're close in age, but I think it's a bit harsh to bash a teen girl for expressing herself when that's what teens do.  

You would think Jim Bob would have had her sign a non-disclosure agreement. He would have been an idiot if he didn't insist on something. You'd also think, after the whole 'Aunt Jodi turns on the Gosselins' incident way back when, that TLC would suggest it. However, I don't think she'll dish on the relationship one way or another. It seems like they're still friends. Can't piss off those precious Duggar friends.

Elizabeth and Elise have a long E sound when I say them. :my_huh:

Me too. Maybe it's a midwest thing.

I've only ever heard Elizabeth pronounced as el-iz-uh-beth. And Elise is a variant of Elizabeth. I've only heard it pronounced with a long E a handful of times, usually when over enunciating (like when I would say my sister's full name, and I wanted to be really annoying, I would pronounce it as Ee-lees.

A riveting post about prayer: https://marjoriejackson.wordpress.com/2015/11/11/3-creative-ways-to-pray/

My favorite quote: "when we put on our makeup (or just get ready in the morning), we pray for our future husband." :my_confused:

Also her new twitter account: https://twitter.com/marjoriejacks

I pray for my husband in the morning when he leaves dishes out from the night before that I have to clean up after him. :angry-cussing:

Oh, that's not what she meant.

I'm going to write a christian love story too.

The working title is: Keep Your Heart Open, but Your Legs Closed.

Well, the heart and the legs part are important but I never hear them talk about wanting a woman with brains. As if that doesn't matter if you are supposed to give 20 kids a K- high school education.

Usually priests and nuns are required to go through coursework similar to being a marriage therapist. They might not have first hand knowledge, but they're not idiots either.

:agree:This and I know priests and nuns who have been engaged or serious relationships before entering the seminary or the convent. I also think they are not all virgins. Some had wild or normal teen/20s like all of us.

Priests and nuns are highly educated, not only in theology but other areas of study including human relationship classes. I know priests K-12 certified to teach, being administrators of schools, therapists/counselors and nuns that are nurses, teachers, principals, therapist/counselors and I even know one that does massage therapy for ladies in labor (she massaged my back with #1 before I could get my epidural- loved her!).

Our usernames at work use the same pattern - I have a coworker with the last name Hart, and her first name starts with an S. So her username is "shart" :pb_lol:

You guys with embarassing/funny journals should Google "Grownups read things they wrote as kids". It's a live (and sometimes recorded for radio) show where adults of all ages read their journals/school essays/short stories/etc. The show is coming to my city this weekend - can't wait to go! 

I have kept a journal off and off since Christmas of 1990 (it was a gift.) I was 8 at that time. My favorite entry was written in crayon and I talk about doing something fun at school (can't recall what) and getting a pet fish. I ended it with something like -  "Today was the best day! To top it off, mom made brownies!!!!" Ah, such a simpler time of life. Quite a contrast from my current journal that is all about my son's speech therapy and my rheumatoid arthritis. Ugh.

I've only ever heard Elizabeth pronounced as el-iz-uh-beth. And Elise is a variant of Elizabeth. I've only heard it pronounced with a long E a handful of times, usually when over enunciating (like when I would say my sister's full name, and I wanted to be really annoying, I would pronounce it as Ee-lees.

I am E-liz-uh-beth.  The first syllable is most assuredly a long E.  In fact, much to my dismay, some people now just call me E.  I've heard it Uh-liz-uh-beth, but not as much.

I do think Elise is a softer first syllable.

I am E-liz-uh-beth.  The first syllable is most assuredly a long E.  In fact, much to my dismay, some people now just call me E.  I've heard it Uh-liz-uh-beth, but not as much.

I do think Elise is a softer first syllable.

It's so hard to type in an accent but for me it's Uh-liz-uh-beth and Eh-lease.  Although I do try to match how people pronounce their own name.  Actually Elizabeth would be kind of between an Eh- and Uh- for the first syllable for the Elizabeth's in my family.

Archived