IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

Marjorie also wrote a guest blog (some of it is from Devoted) on this cringey site run by Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird that I believe FJ has discussed further in Quiver full of Snark:

https://www.girldefined.com/purity-begins-heart-free-giveaway

I really am inclined to like Marjorie- she never seems to misstep in terms of the content she personally covers, but she clearly still tacitly endorses the anti-equality, darker side of "Christianity" that sites like this are all about. Either way, I'm definitely going to keep following her. I'm very interested in where her education and obvious intellect will take her.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see that Sierra interviewed Marjorie about her new book? The video is on Sierra's Facebook page. Sierra does it all!

On ‎2015‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 4:56 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Not me. I hadn't even had a boyfriend yet. Haha. I am a loser.

Me neither.  Thank God, because a lot of my friends ended up dropouts due to early babies, and now are tied to horribly low-income jobs in towns they loathe. 

Did you see that Sierra interviewed Marjorie about her new book? The video is on Sierra's Facebook page. Sierra does it all!

I'd prefer her do more of that than baking cupcakes full of glass

Dang, Marjorie's coloring pages are quite...busy:

Sierra needs...something Marjorie's book is a "life changer" hardly. I'm not sure if I feel bad for Sierra and her desperate need for attention because she's lonely, or if I can't stand her because shes an obnoxious clinger attention seeker looking for her 15 minutes of fame. 

I don't think Sierra is seeking attention, I think she's seeking $$$. And she's doing an okay job so far. She's built up quite the following. She's floundered a bit, trying to sell chocolate covered fruit, cupcakes in jars, and overpriced lip balm, but if she can hit on a way that works for her to turn all those followers into profit, she should do all right. I think she could have a career producing inspirational/self-help stuff for Christian women.

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think Sierra is seeking attention, I think she's seeking $$$. And she's doing an okay job so far. She's built up quite the following. She's floundered a bit, trying to sell chocolate covered fruit, cupcakes in jars, and overpriced lip balm, but if she can hit on a way that works for her to turn all those followers into profit, she should do all right. I think she could have a career producing inspirational/self-help stuff for Christian women.

She's been doing live feeds every night on insta and on one of those she mentioned she's writing a book too. Something about joy...I don't remember very well. 

On 11/7/2015 at 5:16 PM, 7thchild said:

Then again, if Gothard can be an expert on marriage and kids when he has never even kissed a woman, who knows?  "Cringe"

But he DID rub the legs of teen girls and other weird creepy things--that qualifies him for something--jail. I need some brain bleach.  

Sierra's too late. The Book of Joy  has already been written by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. Pretty hard to top that. In it, the Dalai Lama shares his meditation with the archbishop, and the archbishop shares communion with the Dalai Lama.

The Duggars would be horrified.

• 1 month later...
On 5.5.2017 at 6:42 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Sierra needs...something Marjorie's book is a "life changer" hardly. 

Sierra must be at least ten years older than Marjorie... And I cannot imagine what kind of outcome there could be when we take Marjorie's education into consideration. I think it is sad. How uneducated must Sierra be if she thinks that highly of the writings of a fairly sheltered teenager. 

I study Jewish Studies at a big european university and I get so much inspiration by great authors from different centuries and I want to quote kohelet (a book that Marjorie might have read but I doubt she can appreciate and enjoy the literary qualities of the text) here: there is nothing new under the sun. 

I notice Jill has a hand on Jenni's shoulder. Hannie is holding Meredith. 

I think Hannie looks just like a younger Joy-Anna! I was so confused as to the dating of this picture! Holy cow.

so if pants are 'man clothes' and not to be worn by women, why can they wear leggings? throwing a skirt or dress over them doesn't make them any less pants-ish. :pb_rollseyes:

7 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@MayMay1123 wasn't that one of the barriers that they had to implement after the Josh-gate?

not sure...that would be damn hypocritical of them, but they exude hypocrisy all the time anyway

As a writer who is finishing a manuscript and has had writerly friends attempt to be published and rejected, this offends me. 

I'm interested in the life of Jenny. Either she hates getting photos taken of her or she seems upset all the time. I hope they're not using their old ways on her. And I really hope it's just that she hates getting photos

[mention=18798]MayMay1123[/mention] wasn't that one of the barriers that they had to implement after the Josh-gate?

It said in the police report that one of the kids was wearing pants under her dress, but that Josh pulled those down too. So they were doing it before.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, MayMay1123 said:

so if pants are 'man clothes' and not to be worn by women, why can they wear leggings? throwing a skirt or dress over them doesn't make them any less pants-ish. :pb_rollseyes:

I agree with you, have the Duggars made statements like that? I always thought they encouraged skirts and dresses as part of greater modesty, and leggings would contribute to more modesty.

They did say something about women not wearing men's clothes, and vice versa. I remember in Scotland, JB was embarrassed when they tried to get him to wear a kilt. If I remember correctly, he wore it over his jeans, then danced around.

I thought smuggar (is a disgusting person) only touched over the clothing. Not under? Where did I miss that at?

2 hours ago, Pasta said:

I thought smuggar (is a disgusting person) only touched over the clothing. Not under? Where did I miss that at?

Can't recall offhand - there's a few references, such as the attack on the four year old he was supposed to have moved her knickers to touch her. I am haunted by that one a lot. When he attacked one of them in the laundry room he's supposed to have lifted a skirt...

Archived