IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

I don't know. I could see him trying to bring in a 5th wife soon now that it looks like all his wives have had it with him.

Meri is basically out of the family now that Mariah hates her and is moved away, Christine seems miserable and not into being a sister wife or spending time with Kody. Robyn looks like she's finally realized how awful he is and has completely had it with his BS.

Jenelle is the only one who looks happy but I put that to her weight loss and that her kids seem to be doing the best of the older ones. 

Now there's nobody left who wants to stroke Kody's ego, he needs a new wife.  Just please don't let it be a relative. lol

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bim said:

I don't know. I could see him trying to bring in a 5th wife soon now that it looks like all his wives have had it with him.

Meri is basically out of the family now that Mariah hates her and is moved away, Christine seems miserable and not into being a sister wife or spending time with Kody. Robyn looks like she's finally realized how awful he is and has completely had it with his BS.

Jenelle is the only one who looks happy but I put that to her weight loss and that her kids seem to be doing the best of the older ones. 

Now there's nobody left who wants to stroke Kody's ego, he needs a new wife.  Just please don't let it be a relative. lol

I guess marrying a relative gets hard to avoid the more wives you have. 

Thats quite an avatar you have there!

^^^^

Thats true, remeber the Darger Family? He married twins and their cousin!

lol my avatar always makes me laugh so thats why i picked it. 

• 3 weeks later...

These people are completely entitled. They have filed several bankruptcies (one for each wife) and were on welfare. I watch the show 

because I can't look away from the mess! 

Geez, I'd completely forgotten about the bat dork. So I darted over to the website and what do I find but:

• The website has been redesigned. 
  • Not only has he written "Almost Meri'd" but now "Almost Defame'ed: Life After a Public Scandal"
  • The stories of life with a twin are going strong. 
  • Supposedly he has 25,000 followers...and gained about 10,000 of those in a month. Uhhuh. 
  • He went to the Olympics.
  • He's voting for Hillary. 
  • Writes multiple blog posts a day.
  • Still has half a face.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, tropaka said:

looks like Janelle has a new fitness/wellness venture, or did I miss this:  http://www.strivewithjanelle.com/

hope it's not all woo

This looks like their latest MLM scheme. I went to a LIV water "charity" event with the Brown's and it was a horrible scam. I was going to go to the grand opening show tomorrow for Janelle's new program but my husband just woke up with 102 degree fever. I don't want to leave him with the kids for the day. If anyone lives in Vegas , it is free and they still have tickets. Don't use your real name and address or you will get tons of spam. I have seen the sister wives gang in person several times and even though, water, jewelry or fitness isn't the focus of their show, these live events sure show you how fake or scripted the show is. I have been able to see TLC and others film in my area and I just find the edits and scripted/retakes of reality tv fascinating. I hope that someone else gets to go.

I'm curious - could you think of an example of how seeing them in person show how scripted the show is?  Do they act totally different or what?    Hope your husband feels better and you don't get it!

Who would be crazy enough to "marry" into his family? It's too bad the wives don't grow a backbone and kick Kody to the curb.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:00 AM, silverspoons said:

I have seen the sister wives gang in person several times and even though, water, jewelry or fitness isn't the focus of their show, these live events sure show you how fake or scripted the show is. I have been able to see TLC and others film in my area and I just find the edits and scripted/retakes of reality tv fascinating. I hope that someone else gets to go.

Ooh, I am curious, too. Can you think of an example?

Apparently they don't need to.   They're all living a lot better than I am, with two real jobs.   Sad but true.    Wish I could figure out how that works.

3 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Why don't any of these people go get actual jobs?

She'd earn more money at almost any job long term than this kind of scheme.

28 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

She'd earn more money at almost any job long term than this kind of scheme.

Not if she can leverage her notoriety enough to get a ton of consultants selling underneath her.  

I know people who make livings with MLM crap, so it can be done.  It's not easy, but popoularity and networking are key.  The more people you get buying their little packages under  your number, the more $$ you make.  Someone with notoriety has a startup advantage, and if they keep up with it, they can keep it going.  

On 10/4/2016 at 0:04 PM, QuiverDance said:

Not if she can leverage her notoriety enough to get a ton of consultants selling underneath her.  

If she can get a ton of consultants to join up under her, selling to others is optional. Scam.

All of which would require work and effort on Meri's part.  I think therein is the answer to the success of this or any Brown venture.  You did see what a sham of a mess they have made of Janelle's Strive bit?

I don't pay much attention to them, and I HATE MLM with a passion.  But I can totally see these jerks trying to capitalize on notoriety to scam (as SB pointed out) fans out of money in the guise of "you can make money!!!"  to make some for themselves.

49 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I know people who make livings with MLM crap, so it can be done.  It's not easy, but popoularity and networking are key.  The more people you get buying their little packages under  your number, the more $$ you make.  Someone with notoriety has a startup advantage, and if they keep up with it, they can keep it going.  

Folks drinking the MLM koolaid will always project prosperity to the potential victims, even while drowning in MLM related debt. Expenses are always high in these orgs. Networking and popularity means that you recruit people who become your competitors. And whatever market there is becomes saturated because there are no territorial boundaries. Horrible business model, except for the company owners. Ugh and grrrr.

On 10/6/2016 at 4:04 PM, SilverBeach said:

Folks drinking the MLM koolaid will always project prosperity to the potential victims, even while drowning in MLM related debt. Expenses are always high in these orgs. Networking and popularity means that you recruit people who become your competitors. And whatever market there is becomes saturated because there are no territorial boundaries. Horrible business model, except for the company owners. Ugh and grrrr.

Yeah, I suppose they could be lying about level of success, but one couple in particular I'm thinking of has been selling AmWay since the early 1990s!  And it appears to be their only business!  I have never really understood it.  As for market saturation, it is so annoying.  Almost every mom I know sells some sort of shit.  R&F.  Advocare.  DoTerra.  Plexus.  Norwex (wtf is that even?). Cabi.  Matilda Jane.  I never know if invitations to lunch are actually going to be sales/recruitment pitches.  I have had to tell friends "I will literally never buy pink drink from  you, no matter how much I like you."

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived