IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

Looks like Mariah might have a girlfriend? If so, awesome for her!!

http://mariahlian.tumblr.com/post/156399356020/audreykriss-trump-pence-bring-on-the#notes

You can see them holding these signs in her tweet about the march.

(ALSO awesome that they are kissing in front of Trump International Hotel during the women's march in DC hahahaha)

Oh awesome! I hope that they are both very happy! :D 

It's amazing to see how much Mariah has changed since the show started.  I think moving to Vegas really changed her life and allowed her to dare to think of a life outside polygamy.

14 hours ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

It's amazing to see how much Mariah has changed since the show started.  I think moving to Vegas really changed her life and allowed her to dare to think of a life outside polygamy.

I agree; I think that if they had stayed in Utah, Mariah would have married into polygamy and been miserable. She may not have wanted to move to Vegas but it really did open up her world. I'm glad that it happened that way too. The poor girl deserves to be happy, she's had a lot going on. 

Did anyone watch the finale on Sunday night?  I actually felt really bad for Meri.  In past seasons, I thought she was one of the favored wives and always got her way, but now I'm thinking that it only appeared that way because they were trying to cover up her and Kody's bad marriage.  During the tell-all, Kody said that he wasn't sure if he would cross a burning bridge to help her, until the other wives asked him to rephrase that.  How humiliating for Meri.  

I used to think that she was unlikable, and maybe she is, but now she really has my sympathy.  Kody is a douche towards her, so she looks elsewhere for fulfillment while he spends time with his other wives, and then she gets catfished, which is played out on TV and the internet for everyone to see and judge.  How awful.  

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this article this morning and thought y'all would find it interesting. I'm not as familiar with this side of fundamentalism, so I don't know if this is a regular thing or if it's just come up. In short, Kody and his wives, along with other "plural marriage" advocates are protesting laws they feel are against their interests in Utah.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/34480184/polygamous-families-protest-bigamy-law-at-utah-capitol

That wet bar war will always make me laugh.

I was cracking up when Kody and Robyn came over to talk to Meri about Mariah coming out. Kody wanted to sit at the wet bar and Meri got all upset and said she wasn't comfortable sitting there. After all the fighting for the wet bar, she doesn't even want to use it!!

Sound to me like a couple of words are missing in Meri's sentence. ......like she's not comfortable with Kody siiting at the wet bar. Its her territory. 

Looks like meri is all in on LulaRoe and spending a lot of time in Utah.

The pic of Mariah doesn't looklike her- she looks so different with the dark hair.

18 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Looks like meri is all in on LulaRoe and spending a lot of time in Utah.

The pic of Mariah doesn't looklike her- she looks so different with the dark hair.

I'd like to say that I'm shocked but it's not surprising to me that Meri isn't in Vegas a lot. I think she's trying to find something that will make her happy and I hope that she does. 

Maddie seems to have moved back to Vegas with Caleb to be a grifter like her parents. Wasn't she going to go to law school? Yeah, not happening. 

Darn I wish this forum we're more active. I could use a little Kody snark. I can see where Mari isn't terribly likeable but I always felt a kinship to her. Maybe because she's kind of the all suffering forgotten wife. I don't watch the show anymore but even still I'm sick to death of the catfish story.  For goodness sake! admit you were sad and lonely and made a mistake and move on! And could someone smack Mariah for me? Your mother embarrassed you now grow up and get over it. 

@Berta McGee Of alllllll the kids I am in support of Mariah. She is Meri's obsession, and has had to absorb so much of Meri's ENERGY, which in a more regular situation would be distributed upon a spouse or boyfriend, job, hobby, family and friends.  Normal growth and independence by Mariah has been stifled by her mom. I am so supportive of Mariah and all that she has endured in this story. Her mother and father and their relationship have been publicly raked over the coals for months. Have a little compassion.  I would ask for someone to smack you for your comment, but that wouldn't be nice. In her most awkward teen years, she was put on TV by her parents as they were worried about legal prosecution, a new wife, and fleeing their home. Hmmmm. I don't think Mariah is the one you should be calling for to be smacked. 

Please refrain from calling violence upon women, or anyone. 

@Berta McGee I think that if you were in Mariah's shoes, you too would feel hurt. She very much has the right to be. Her mother embarrassed her and her whole family by publicly flirting with someone, they turned out to be a catfish. Realistically. Mariah knows that if said person wasn't a catfish, Meri would be gone. Add on top of that, Mariah was struggling with her own sexuality. Which to this point Meri hasn't been overly supportive of. (On the show I mean, which was months ago). I feel that people come down hard on Mariah, when it's not her fault. Meri chose to go into plural marriage and these are the consequences. Either deal with it or leave!

• 2 weeks later...

I humbly accept your responses as deserved. I have no excuses other than I don't watch the show and clearly missinterpreted Mariah's response.

Unrelated to the Mariah/Meri conversation:

So I remember that near the end of the last season, Logan was asked about his and Michelle's plans for marriage. He replied with something like "we know we want to be in each other's lives, so the next step is figuring out in what capacity" (very loose paraphrasing). I was wondering (pure speculation) if there might be some kind of conflict because Logan wants children. I know Michelle has been extremely vocal on social media that she has zero desire to have children, and gets annoyed when people tell her she should or that she'll change her mind. Logan has always been really hands-on with his younger siblings and seems like a natural dad to me. Maybe they always dodge the marriage question because that's something they need to figure out?

• 2 weeks later...
Unrelated to the Mariah/Meri conversation:
So I remember that near the end of the last season, Logan was asked about his and Michelle's plans for marriage. He replied with something like "we know we want to be in each other's lives, so the next step is figuring out in what capacity" (very loose paraphrasing). I was wondering (pure speculation) if there might be some kind of conflict because Logan wants children. I know Michelle has been extremely vocal on social media that she has zero desire to have children, and gets annoyed when people tell her she should or that she'll change her mind. Logan has always been really hands-on with his younger siblings and seems like a natural dad to me. Maybe they always dodge the marriage question because that's something they need to figure out?

I think that if that is the case then I feel sad for both of them. Maybe they are both trying to feel out of the other will change their mind at some point or not. I do think it's odd though that she made a comment about wanting to be engaged before moving in together and here they are, living together with no engagement.

1 hour ago, unicorncastle said:

I think that if that is the case then I feel sad for both of them. Maybe they are both trying to feel out of the other will change their mind at some point or not. I do think it's odd though that she made a comment about wanting to be engaged before moving in together and here they are, living together with no engagement.

I'll be honest with you here, I don't like Michelle. Something about her appears pretty selfish. But I don't know her really except for the footage on SWs and what does that say anyway...

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I'll be honest with you here, I don't like Michelle. Something about her appears pretty selfish. But I don't know her really except for the footage on SWs and what does that say anyway...

As much as I like Caleb (and honestly, I'm even fine with Tony), I've never liked Michelle, although I'm not sure I can pinpoint a reason why. I've read through her Instagram/Twitter and she just seems...immature? Self-important? Too much like a typical sorority girl? Maybe Logan is such a gem we'll never be satisfied with who he ends up with. :pb_lol: Although if he wants children (which I've always suspected he does), I really, REALLY hope he doesn't compromise to appease her.

I'd forgotten about her engagement comment...that's very interesting.

5 hours ago, bananabread said:

As much as I like Caleb (and honestly, I'm even fine with Tony), I've never liked Michelle, although I'm not sure I can pinpoint a reason why. I've read through her Instagram/Twitter and she just seems...immature? Self-important? Too much like a typical sorority girl? Maybe Logan is such a gem we'll never be satisfied with who he ends up with. :pb_lol: Although if he wants children (which I've always suspected he does), I really, REALLY hope he doesn't compromise to appease her.

I'd forgotten about her engagement comment...that's very interesting.

Does it surprise you? Logan seems like a very responsible, dependable, grounded, and good-hearted guy. Unfortunately, he grew up in the Lehi-Home/Cult-de-Sac and what role models did he have there other than a mother whose marriage, oh what do I say, whose entire life looks like a big compromise at best, and a selfish father who couldn't care less about the wants and needs of others and just whines and moans as long as it takes for him to get his way?! I have gotten some new-found respect for Kody in recent times, but Logan's childhood must have shaped him in one form or the other. I think he could be one of those guys who desperately try not to become their arrogant, self-absorbed (and in some cases abusive) father but end up being a doormat to some arrogant, self-absorbed (and in some cases abusive) girlfriend or wife. I hope I am wrong and I don't want to judge someone by TLC footage and Twitter content, but if it's true that Michelle is very bossy and Logan has no say then I am really, really sad for all involved.

Well, once again using my non-existent psychic powers, I'd say Logan wants children, does love selfish Michelle and can't figure out what to do...doesn't want to end it but will have to if he wants children. Not 17 children, but 2 or 3 maybe. 

So every time I see a post from Maddie on IG, it's tagged location is in vegas. Did she and Caleb move to vegas?? Anyone got the scoop? 

On 3/14/2017 at 6:45 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, once again using my non-existent psychic powers, I'd say Logan wants children, does love selfish Michelle and can't figure out what to do...doesn't want to end it but will have to if he wants children. Not 17 children, but 2 or 3 maybe. 

Logan has always seemed to be good with his younger siblings, so I could definitely see him wanting them. I'm not going to say Michelle will change her mind because,rude. So, yeah a breakup is the only thing that will solve both the issues. I hope neither of them has to compromise because if there is a child, Michelle might resent them, and if there's not a child Logan may resent Michelle. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived