IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

I'm going to a party today, and *gasp* there's going to be a pig roasting. When I saw the pictures on Facebook, my first thought was: What would "Kosher" Kody Brown think of this?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy to do since he isn't kosher.  He's selective rules and may vary it from day to day.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Somehow I missed that he is kosher. 

He made a big deal about it in the Hawaii vacation episode this season. It was very silly :pb_rollseyes:

She's been pretty quiet on social media since before Ariella was born, so I was surprised to see this show up on my timeline.

On June 29, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Georgiana said:

A fifth wife, especially of a different generation, would RUIN them.  The whole family is sort of borderline squicky, as in, they ARE creepy, but they hide it well (the AUB Bates), but there's no way that having a plural marriage with your AUNT is OK.  That's way too close to the incest line.  

I think there will be a fifth wife, Kody is so deep mentally into the religion.  I think he believes more wives and babies will get him into heaven.  I don't understand how he doesn't seem to spend time with or respect the wives he has now.   It didn't seem like he was spending any time with Mary, and I'd be surprised if he spent much time with Jenelle beside planning the wedding, shouldn't respecting your wives be a huge tenant of their religion?   The fifth wife will be someone close to the family, but an aunt --- gross.  

9 hours ago, Hermen-uetics said:

I think there will be a fifth wife, Kody is so deep mentally into the religion.  I think he believes more wives and babies will get him into heaven.  I don't understand how he doesn't seem to spend time with or respect the wives he has now.   It didn't seem like he was spending any time with Mary, and I'd be surprised if he spent much time with Jenelle beside planning the wedding, shouldn't respecting your wives be a huge tenant of their religion?   The fifth wife will be someone close to the family, but an aunt --- gross.  

Kodouche isn't into religion. He's into sex with younger women.

I think that the wives have settled into their places and Robyn, as the super special newish, youngish, legalish wife will pitch a fit if K tries to court.  Meri is catfished. Christine finally calmed down after the new wife jealous temper tantrums. Fingers crossed. 

I found his kosher thing really awkward. He wants to be more like Jesus.  how he manages to do the mental acrobatics required has got to be amazing. 

I second the up thread commenter, they only really forked out the modesty business when one of the teenage girls was being rebellious.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling made up.    I can imagine they were boring enough this season to be cancelled, but the latter article talked about he wanted to keep 'all the wives under one roof' when we know that hasn't  happened for years and years.     

Anyway - I don't believe anything about the family  till Batman tells me its true!!!   :pb_rollseyes:

Season 7 just dropped on Hulu last month, and I finally finished it. Kody is SUCH A JERK. I always knew it, but this season made it crystal clear.

Over and over again, this happens: He does something insensitive.  A wive explains why she is upset. He tells everyone she is being a hormonal, unreasonable mess. She agrees and apologizes. The other wives shame her for a bit, then they mostly move on. If it comes back up, the offending wife rephrases the whole thing as her being crazy.

It made me cringe, but it also undermines their avowed purpose. They want to present polygamy as just another lifestyle choice that doesn't hurt anyone. Except it clearly removes his wives abilities to advocate for themselves, and any personal responsibility from Kodouche. Its never his fault. Its the wives' fault, the kids fault, society's fault, but never his. 

I was watching it today (Robyn giving birth episode) and I just thought there must be siblings in that family who just cant stand each other.

That many people, there must be people who don't get on. They do a grand job of making it all look sooo nice (even glossing over the catfish thing).

There must be kids who will leave for college and only come back when they really have to.

Right? And the wives are hardly even pretending to like each other any more. Plus, they keep importing nannies, and they don't help each other any more. They are getting literally none of the promised benefits of polygamy (here on Earth :my_dodgy: ). They have become a walking advertisement of how even assimilation and relative material wealth cannot make their lifestyle palatable.

On July 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM, BackseatMom said:

Right? And the wives are hardly even pretending to like each other any more. Plus, they keep importing nannies, and they don't help each other any more. They are getting literally none of the promised benefits of polygamy (here on Earth :my_dodgy:). 

Thanks for the laugh, my keyboard almost didn't survive the juice I spit out haha. 

They sure are suffering enough in their earthly life to go live it up in polygamy heaven, ha! 

On 7/26/2016 at 6:38 PM, BackseatMom said:

Right? And the wives are hardly even pretending to like each other any more. Plus, they keep importing nannies, and they don't help each other any more. They are getting literally none of the promised benefits of polygamy (here on Earth :my_dodgy: ). They have become a walking advertisement of how even assimilation and relative material wealth cannot make their lifestyle palatable.

This is why I don't understand Mormon polygamy. I can see why the "family forever" idea is attractive, but if you already don't get along with your bio family and you hate the sharing your husband thing, why would you want to continue that dynamic into the afterlife?

10 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This is why I don't understand Mormon polygamy. I can see why the "family forever" idea is attractive, but if you already don't get along with your bio family and you hate the sharing your husband thing, why would you want to continue that dynamic into the afterlife?

Nothing is more off putting to me than the prospect of spending eternity with my MIL.

On 7/30/2016 at 10:57 AM, FundieFarmer said:

Perhaps the family is supposed to magically get along in eternity?

I actually think that is what they think. That when they get to their special heaven planet, all jealousy and other pettiness (and poverty and hunger and such, for most flds) will dissapear. Makes my head and my heart hurt just thinking about all of those women trading away their whole lives waiting to be happy after death.

On July 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM, gustava said:

Kodouche isn't into religion. He's into sex with younger women.

.......and being the center of attention. I think he will marry twins, or a mother daughter duo, or both! 19 wives and counting, suck it Jim Bob.   

• 3 weeks later...

I like how the "news" outlets are calling the wives situation a mid-life crisis. Some men buy a sports car. Others take a mistress. Adding another wife seems so much more permemnant and complicated.

Also, ol' Joey Smith (or possibly BY) said that polygamy would save the women of Zion from being discarded and prostetution. Did he literally just mean because no man will ever have to stop adding wives, so there is no need?

I don't think he will take another wife, since bringing wife no 4 really rocked the polygamy boat, and I think it is only by luck that none of the wives left in that period. And where would wifey no 5 live? There aren't room for another house next to the four the family live in...

Well, Meri lives in a giant house by herself. But... No, that wouldn't be fair. Making some kids do without while Meri buys organic, that is fair. But not sharing a huge, expensive, empty house.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived