IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

We made it through Season 7!

So did Kody!

Rumor has it he thinks another wife would be a good idea?!

Surely this will not end well.

And then, there's a catfish.

Previous thread:

And now, all the Brown family drama continues here.  Enjoy!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i'm curios to see what happen. i think there will be a wife n 5 , Sobin start to look old and not so pretty as the beginning, and Kody really loves to think to be younger so he needs a new fresh wife. also someone says that he dosen't think to stop having more children and the other wife are done with babys. sooo wife n 5 who she will be?

Does anyone know where the rumor came from about wife #5? As nauseating as four wives, five would be more nauseating. So weird. And yet, I keep watching. 

8 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Does anyone know where the rumor came from about wife #5? As nauseating as four wives, five would be more nauseating. So weird. And yet, I keep watching. 

I recently read an article from All About The Tea about it...http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/19/who-is-sister-wives-babysitter-mindy-jessop-could-she-be-wife-5/

It names Mindy Jessop, Robyn's niece, as the suspected wife #5. 

I actually was quite surprised when he stated during the sit down that he thought he might be getting too old to have more kids. As in mentally, not physically.  And that it was time for him to "grow up".  The kids also thought there wouldn't be another baby.  Time will tell but the last thing that family needs is another wife. 

Anyone else find it funny how kody spews all this purity and modesty crap and yet his wives are on the beach in short shorts and boobs hanging out? They don't wear those modest bathing suits that the Duggars wear. The Browns wear tank tops with long sleeves underneath but it's ok to wear skimpy clothes on the beach in front of cameras. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I remember reading about it in In Touch, specifically about Kendra Parra-Pollard (Pollard-Parra?). Allegedly he made a 5th wife joke to her and she didn't like it.

37 minutes ago, mstee said:

My DVR cut out early. What did the middle/younger kids say? 

They talked about the Hawaii trip. Then the interviewer asked if they wanted to be polygamists when they grew up, which I thought was wildly inappropriate to ask such young kids. Ysabel, one of Christine's daughters who is pretty young, said that she would be open to it. I think Savannah, Janelle's youngest, did as well? But I don't remember exactly on Savannah. Dayton said that he thought he would be the last of the Brown kids to get married, that there's a big world out there and he wants to see it. Good for you, Dayton.

13 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Anyone else find it funny how kody spews all this purity and modesty crap and yet his wives are on the beach in short shorts and boobs hanging out? They don't wear those modest bathing suits that the Duggars wear. The Browns wear tank tops with long sleeves underneath but it's ok to wear skimpy clothes on the beach in front of cameras. 

Oh, I didn't remember this! Modesty hasn't been much of a topic since Mykelti was a revolting teenager. The big religious test of moral character in Hawaii seemed to be about the pig roast at the lu'au.

22 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Oh, I didn't remember this! Modesty hasn't been much of a topic since Mykelti was a revolting teenager. The big religious test of moral character in Hawaii seemed to be about the pig roast at the lu'au.

Do you mean revolting as in "rebellious" or as "disgusting?" It could be taken both ways, and I'm not sure based on context.

1 hour ago, mstee said:

My DVR cut out early. What did the middle/younger kids say? 

She was talking about Ariella and asked if the kids thought she would be the last.  Multiple of the middle kids said yes, that she would AND should be the last. I forget the exact reasoning, but I think it was Ysabel that was the most vocal about it. 

Ok one more thing that bugs me. I like the name Ariella. It's really pretty. BUT as the Little Mermaid it's Aaaariel not Ah-Riel. Just saying. That kids in for a life time of correcting people unless she just goes by Ari.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Do you mean revolting as in "rebellious" or as "disgusting?" It could be taken both ways, and I'm not sure based on context.

I meant rebellious :P When I typed it, I had "Revolting Children" from Matilda the Musical in mind.

2 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I meant rebellious :P When I typed it, I had "Revolting Children" from Matilda the Musical in mind.

Such a good musical (i still haven't had a chance to see it live, but I've seen clips and have the music).  Tim Minchin is a genius! 

I watched the Tell-All last night, and it was actually pretty good for a SW Tell-All. I was actually surprised by what they covered. But, man, it was ETERNAL. Two hours?? I got through about a half hour of it, thought to myself, well this has to be almost done and then realized there were 55 more minutes. Yeesh. 

Also, Kody said some really awful Kody-ish things. The ones I took note of (paraphrasing): 

"There's a guy reason for that, and I don't wanna tell you the guy reason because this is a woman's show and I get persecuted for being a man" (Talking about the trip to Galveston with Christine AGAIN) 

"When Madison was little, I used to ask her 'Will you let me choose your husband?'"  :puke-front:

My favorite part, though. Was when the host asked at one point "What do you think of that, Kody?" and the camera cut to a confused Kody face followed by 20 seconds of silence :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

"There's a guy reason for that, and I don't wanna tell you the guy reason because this is a woman's show and I get persecuted for being a man" (Talking about the trip to Galveston with Christine AGAIN) 

Was that the trip where Christine and Kody fought non-stop about Kody's friend making an insensitive remark about plural marriage? Ugh, my blood boils remembering Kody's insensitivity and I wonder how Christine can stay. Then I remember that is Kody's personality in general and I wonder why any of them are with him. Besides Robyn. The love of his life. 

No, it was the one that they brought the therapist on and when asked to make a rock model of their family (as part of a therapy exersize) Christine just wanted to do their little family and he rail-roaded her and insisted on including the entire family. 

21 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Then the interviewer asked if they wanted to be polygamists when they grew up, which I thought was wildly inappropriate to ask such young kids

Yeah, that really bothered me as well.  It wasn't cute, wasn't appropriate, and was just ridiculous for a bunch of tween and young teen kids.  How's about you ask them if they're looking forward to career planning, or college?

14 minutes ago, JMO said:

No, it was the one that they brought the therapist on and when asked to make a rock model of their family (as part of a therapy exersize) Christine just wanted to do their little family and he rail-roaded her and insisted on including the entire family. 

Oh, that was just the worst! Honestly, his disregard for Christine's feelings is really upsetting. I'm guessing if that had been Robyn's anniversary trip, the rock pile would have just been Robyn, King Kody, Solomon Kody Brown, and DaytonAuroraBreana. 

59 minutes ago, violynn said:

Yeah, that really bothered me as well.  It wasn't cute, wasn't appropriate, and was just ridiculous for a bunch of tween and young teen kids.  How's about you ask them if they're looking forward to career planning, or college?

Or ask them about some of the other fun stuff they did during the season, or of events that weren't catfishing. Anything that wasn't "Hey kids! Who wants to be a polygamist?"

53 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Oh, that was just the worst! Honestly, his disregard for Christine's feelings is really upsetting. I'm guessing if that had been Robyn's anniversary trip, the rock pile would have just been Robyn, King Kody, Solomon Kody Brown, and DaytonAuroraBreana. 

If it was a more recent trip, don't forget a rock for "Baby Sister!" Seriously, if I had to hear them call Ariella "Baby Sister" one more time, I would have screamed. Probably such a nitpicking thing to snark on, but I think it was the way they said it. "Bay-bee Sis-teeeer!" Maybe it's just because I don't like the way adults talk to kids, as Kody seemed to always use that voice around Solomon. It just annoyed the shit out of me for some reason.

16 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

If it was a more recent trip, don't forget a rock for "Baby Sister!" Seriously, if I had to hear them call Ariella "Baby Sister" one more time, I would have screamed. Probably such a nitpicking thing to snark on, but I think it was the way they said it. "Bay-bee Sis-teeeer!" Maybe it's just because I don't like the way adults talk to kids, as Kody seemed to always use that voice around Solomon. It just annoyed the shit out of me for some reason.

Oh, god. The "Baby Sister" stuff was the absolute worst, so you're totally not alone there. I read a lot of blogs and watch some recaps of the show and that's been the primary thing people have made fun of this season. 

I also hated the half-pink, half-blue room for Ariella and Solomon to share. Why couldn't they just go with a gender neutral color? Paint it yellow or a nice green. The kids aren't even going to sleep in there, according to Robyn, and they're inevitably going to have to paint over that nonsense in the next 5 years anyway. Solomon's like 5 now and there's no way either kid will be into that pink and blue room throughout elementary school. 

2 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Oh, god. The "Baby Sister" stuff was the absolute worst, so you're totally not alone there. I read a lot of blogs and watch some recaps of the show and that's been the primary thing people have made fun of this season. 

I also hated the half-pink, half-blue room for Ariella and Solomon to share. Why couldn't they just go with a gender neutral color? Paint it yellow or a nice green. The kids aren't even going to sleep in there, according to Robyn, and they're inevitably going to have to paint over that nonsense in the next 5 years anyway. Solomon's like 5 now and there's no way either kid will be into that pink and blue room throughout elementary school. 

Grey nurseries are so cute and so in right now.  Then you can add whatever color you need because grey goes with everything, and it ages with the child or is appropriate for just about any other function (like guest room/nursery).  I'm in the process of painting my bedroom greige (don't hate me!  I have a mid-century house, so it's a period appropriate neutral for all the pops of color!!), and it is so nice and calming.  

Honestly, they WAY overdid the pink princess theme.  I get this is Kody/Robyn's precious offspring, but they didn't do stuff like this for Truly.  Honestly, POOR Truly when she sees how her birth was treated vs. Princess BabySister.  

A fifth wife, especially of a different generation, would RUIN them.  The whole family is sort of borderline squicky, as in, they ARE creepy, but they hide it well (the AUB Bates), but there's no way that having a plural marriage with your AUNT is OK.  That's way too close to the incest line.  

They've got their kids' marriages now.  There's no reason for this.  

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Grey nurseries are so cute and so in right now.  Then you can add whatever color you need because grey goes with everything, and it ages with the child or is appropriate for just about any other function (like guest room/nursery).  I'm in the process of painting my bedroom greige (don't hate me!  I have a mid-century house, so it's a period appropriate neutral for all the pops of color!!), and it is so nice and calming.  

Honestly, they WAY overdid the pink princess theme.  I get this is Kody/Robyn's precious offspring, but they didn't do stuff like this for Truly.  Honestly, POOR Truly when she sees how her birth was treated vs. Princess BabySister.  

A fifth wife, especially of a different generation, would RUIN them.  The whole family is sort of borderline squicky, as in, they ARE creepy, but they hide it well (the AUB Bates), but there's no way that having a plural marriage with your AUNT is OK.  That's way too close to the incest line.  

They've got their kids' marriages now.  There's no reason for this.  

The Dargers (they appeared on an episode and had a special or something of the sort on TLC) are two twin sisters and their cousin married to this one guy.

@Georgiana @seasonsoflife, re: The Dargers (because I read the book a few years back and somehow remember all these vague details, getting some info from their Wikipedia page to complete the thoughts) - The adults are Joe, Vicki, Valerie, and Alina. Vicki and Valerie are identical twins. Joe married Alina and Vicki on the same day, at the same time. As in, he was courting them both, too, which is a super weird practice in their culture. Alina is technically wife #1 by probably no more than a 4 minutes.

Valerie was married to another polygamist who was a total abusive dick to her. She divorced him, moved in with her sister, got to know the family, spilled her heart to them about all the shit she had put up with, then fell in love with Joe. They got married 10 years after Joe/Vicki/Alina got married.

They have 25 kids total, including 5 from Valerie's first marriage. (I can't find the individual breakdown online.)

What a bucket of nuts...as usual. I am not caught up because Mr. FF hates the show, so I can only watch when he isn't around. I agree that a fifth wife would be about more than any of us could be in for. The Dargers creep me out beyond all reason. The wives almost always match.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived