IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

A few people bumped into them in Philly with Jessa, Ben, the Spurge and Michelle so i'm guessing they are there to meet with his parents. They're clearly filming it all and I wonder if TLC thought it's best to just send Michelle along as she is slightly less hated than JB. Then they can also try and convince viewers that JB stayed behind to babysit his kids.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is saddest, in my view, is that Jinger can't say, "I am enjoying getting to know this cute guy," or "I love getting to know this great guy," or even, "I like getting to know better a man who is not only a great athlete but a man of God."  Nope.  She has to say "I love getting to know this man of God."  I mean, really? Is she going to be marrying a "man" or a "man of God."

I have known women who married their husband's profession more than the man himself.   But I have never heard one of them, during the dating period, speak of the man in terms of his profession. ("I love getting to know this surgeon!" Or "I love getting to know this engineer," just sounds weird.). 

Maybe she meant, "Godly man," or "Man who loves God," instead of "preacher," but it still sounds strange.  (I mean, what's so special about being "Godly in this context? I would think, "must love God," is a given in any Duggar courtship. ). It is sad that Jinger either can't see or can't say that she sees anything more interesting or attractive about him than his "Godliness."

30 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

What is saddest, in my view, is that Jinger can't say, "I am enjoying getting to know this cute guy," or "I love getting to know this great guy," or even, "I like getting to know better a man who is not only a great athlete but a man of God."  Nope.  She has to say "I love getting to know this man of God."  I mean, really? Is she going to be marrying a "man" or a "man of God."

I have known women who married their husband's profession more than the man himself.   But I have never heard one of them, during the dating period, speak of the man in terms of his profession. ("I love getting to know this surgeon!" Or "I love getting to know this engineer," just sounds weird.). 

Maybe she meant, "Godly man," or "Man who loves God," instead of "preacher," but it still sounds strange.  (I mean, what's so special about being "Godly in this context? I would think, "must love God," is a given in any Duggar courtship. ). It is sad that Jinger either can't see or can't say that she sees anything more interesting or attractive about him than his "Godliness."

i think it is so pretentious to say that she is getting to know the man of God.  He is not God - even though he is a preacher.  The hubris they try to inject is fake and annoying

Why can't she say I love getting to know Jeremy

that I would accept and believe 

Jinger has not thought process to process anything .  

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

I noticed that Jinger had her hands down at the taco place. I have a feeling she's hiding a ring. Gotta get that fall wedding done and dusted for TLC while Jerick are back in the States. 

Agree that I am also not feeling them at all. 

if she is already engaged to Joseph then it doesn't surprise me at all 

waiting for Ben to preach about it 

4 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think "man of God" is just fundie speak for Godly man. It may even be just plain ole religious speak. I have a friend who was agnostic and then got saved a few years ago in the baptist church and has wavered back and forth a few times on how strict she is, and that is how she refers to her boyfriend and he's a teacher or something. I don't think it is about his profession. I'm pretty sure it's equivalent to saying he's a man of character or a man of conviction or a man of mystery or a man of any other trait, its awkward phrasing though because it isn't stylistically in line with the evolution of grammatical parlance. Not wrong per se, but a lot like "to purpose to" it just isn't something that is used in the usual way.

On 23.7.2016 at 7:38 AM, Purrl said:

At least he'll know what to do on the wedding night and maybe he can make it pleasurable for Jinger - or at least less scary.

I'm really not sure whether it's a good thing he is so much older than Jinger and so much more experienced or if it's a bad thing. Honestly, I would be less scared if my partner was also inexperienced and there wasn't such a big age/experience gap between us. It is less dangerous, if that makes sense? It has a lot to do with trust and knowing each other. And can you really trust someone JB approves of and who you never see alone? That's so scary!

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

She and her siblings were never allowed to cultivate personalities, so all she sees in Jeremy is "says that he's into Jesus and doesn't look hideous", since that's all she's allowed to outwardly show about herself and the only things she's been allowed to cultivate. What else, Jinger? Does he make you laugh? Is he really passionate about something totally offbeat? Does he do little acts of kindness for people? And if you want to go down the religious route, HOW does he show his devotion to God? Does he do service for the poor beyond telling them that they don't love Jesus enough or in the right way? Does he hold himself accountable when he messes up and seek to make amends? Does he value humility and respect? Oh, who am I kidding? If he did any of those things, Jim Bob would never have approved of him.

On 22/07/2016 at 10:15 PM, Lillymuffin said:

I just finished the trilogy (got them on my Nook from the library). I'm happy to snark on how awful they are! To paraphrase the infinite monkey theorem, a monkey in front of a typewriter would eventually write something better. :wink:

I'd have to say to say that a monkey's first efforts on a typewriter would still be better than that godawful tripe written by James.

As you may have noticed, I love snarking on those books too, lol.

I really appreciate the fundies that don't include religion in every single mundane post. Some of them do it so often I would love to change the words in reference to their religion to silly words. Just so we can really notice how much they constantly talk about Christianity. 

Like instead of "God" we say "sausages" like the cute little Bates girls.

"I love getting to know this man of sausages!"

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really appreciate the fundies that don't include religion in every single mundane post. Some of them do it so often I would love to change the words in reference to their religion to silly words. Just so we can really notice how much they constantly talk about Christianity. 

Like instead of "God" we say "sausages" like the cute little Bates girls.

"I love getting to know this man of sausages!"

I almost read that as "I love getting to know this man's sausage!":my_blush:

On 7/23/2016 at 0:38 AM, Purrl said:

At least he'll know what to do on the wedding night and maybe he can make it pleasurable for Jinger - or at least less scary.

Having had sex before doesn't mean you have any idea what you're doing or how to bring someone else pleasure. 

And that selfie of J&J I get a definite blank stare or "save me" vibe from his eyes. lol

That's why I said "maybe". :my_smile: I know there's no guarantee. 

Pickles has a new picture of them taken at a restaurant with Ben & some fans. Jinger looks much happier in that one, but her beau looks shell-shocked. I guess it takes a while to get used to perfect strangers wanting to have their picture taken with you. He probably didn't get this much attention when he was a soccer player.

The gang (most of them, anyway) at some Amish-themed place called "The Shady Maple".

eta: I guess we can assume this is the official "Meet the Parents" trip even though JB and Mechelle have managed to stay out of the pics people have found? Would JB really let Jinger and Jeremy travel to such an important event  with "just " Jessa and Ben?

imageproxy.jpg

Jessa and Ben are grown ups now. They're married. They won't allow any hanky panky like holding hands while praying.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jessa and Ben are grown ups now. They're married. They won't allow any hanky panky like holding hands while praying.

I think to get on Jeremy's good side because he apparently is an established person. Ben will allow a lot.

38 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I know. It's just that Ben is nearly 8 YEARS younger than the guy he's chaperoning. Plus, multiple spotters here say that Mechelle is with them. I just can't see a fundie "meet the parents" scenario (assuming that the families didn't "grow up" in a cult together) would include both sets of parents. The Seewalds are a weird case, since they claim a meeting with the Duggars YEARS ago, but how likely are the Duggars going to have remembered that meeting? The Duggars have spoken at TONS of churches over the years. So, I expect that the Seewlads and Duggars had an official meetup (more for Jessa) once they realized the relationship was going somewhere. 

If we buy the Duggar timeline of the announcement of Jinger's courtship being its actual beginning, they are really hustling things along to get them to the altar in time for Fall Sweeps (note that Jinger has been hiding thtat left hand in ALL recent shots of her)....IF the show actually gets on the air by then. That seems to be in flux right now. 

Guys, guys! Where's Ben's hat?

They're in an Amish establishment, or one that caters to Amish traditions. Maybe no hats are allowed? 

Or someone burned it. :my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

The gang (most of them, anyway) at some Amish-themed place called "The Shady Maple".

eta: I guess we can assume this is the official "Meet the Parents" trip even though JB and Mechelle have managed to stay out of the pics people have found? Would JB really let Jinger and Jeremy travel to such an important event  with "just " Jessa and Ben?

imageproxy.jpg

Shady Maple isn't that far from where I live, I've been there before a few years ago. That's such a weird feeling knowing they're there.

Headship walked by and said "what's with those two? Is smiling a sin?" 

It does make me sad that she doesn't look happy. I'm hoping she's just shy or self-conscious about her teeth, but neither of them look happy at all. I'm a little concerned for her.  :tw_fearful:

Shady Maple? That's in PA! I've been to Shady Maple!

I'm sorry, but Jeremy looks like he has puffy pants. OK. I'm taking myself to the prayer closet.

14 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Shady Maple? That's in PA! I've been to Shady Maple!

Shady Maple is awesome and delicious. I was going to take my boyfriend during his visit with me the past few weeks but we never got around to it. Now I'll just be thinking of the Duggars stuffing their faces instead...I hate to say it but I'm somewhat jealous.

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

imageproxy.jpg

The Shady Maple says it is a god-based business with a "mission." geez louise

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Guys, guys! Where's Ben's hat?

The haircut that Jessa gave him finally grew out so he doesn't need it anymore...

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived