IGNORED

Fore!!! Jinger courts the Jock

SpoonfulOSugar

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I definitely don't think anyone should be shamed for their clothing choices, and the young woman is free to wear whatever she wants, but to be blunt, a brag like "Modest is hottest" really opens the door for comments that she wouldn't get if she just went on with her own life and didn't worry so much about what other people were doing.

Yes, isn't the point of modesty to not draw attention to your body?  So it defeats the purpose to go, hey you all, look at me, look how modest I'm dressed.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2016 at 0:15 PM, sophie10130 said:

I don't know why they act like this is such a huge unveiling. He said himself he went to jail for a night. I'm not saying you were overreacting, I'm talking about the tabloids. Hopefully someone can sneak in a flask to that party and can give him sips every once in a while.

I read A LOT of Amish fiction in college. BEVERLY LEWIS Y'ALL. I have no idea why. I think because I like a good romance story but not anything too hard core. See my obsession with YA lit as well.

That being said, I did read the 50 Shades series. Mostly skimmed and read them all in like 3 days and then felt awful about it. Super gross. And a lot of people in the actual BDSM scene were outraged because it normalizes abusive behavior and calls it BDSM. 

Spoiler

img_1529.png

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME WE WERE TALKING SHIT ABOUT 50 SHADES IN HERE???

Seriously, talking shit about those books is one of my favourite pastimes. I can't believe no one invited me. I hate what those books have done to the public's way of looking at fanfic, and the glorification of abuse. BTW, I totally cosign the suggestion of Jenny's books. They are typical of the genre, but a far more entertaining read than 50 Shades of Fail.

No, I don't care that this was a month ago, I still had to say it. I'm seriously disappointed in y'all for making me miss my chance. :-P

I just finished the trilogy (got them on my Nook from the library). I'm happy to snark on how awful they are! To paraphrase the infinite monkey theorem, a monkey in front of a typewriter would eventually write something better. :wink:

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I know some of you wanted to some new photos of Jinger and Jeremy:

tumblr_oap9znF4Gm1uipssao1_1280.png

i'm relieved to see that jinger actually looks happy here. i was worried her happiness seemed a little ...forced in their video announcement and other pictures of them i've seen, but maybe she was just uncomfortable being the focus of attention. i hope she really is happy with him and this isn't just her desperate Escape to Jessa. 

3 hours ago, Kira said:

I know some of you wanted to some new photos of Jinger and Jeremy:

tumblr_oap9znF4Gm1uipssao1_1280.png

but more importantly, where are they eating with 5 bowls of chips and the GIANT bowl of queso? Now I want queso.

Is it the godly taco place owned by their friends or no? I'm eating amigos right now. Only nebraskans will understand the ecstasy I'm experiencing as I Drench my mexi fries and crisp meat in ranch. 

12 minutes ago, Kira said:

I wonder if  someone/another couple sitting next to Ben and Jinger? 

Someone on FB spotted them at an airport in Texas with Michelle and they're all in the same outfits as in the Taco pic so Michelle could be taking the pic. Boob could be hiding somewhere but I don't think anyone spotted him at the airport.

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Is it the godly taco place owned by their friends or no? I'm eating amigos right now. Only nebraskans will understand the ecstasy I'm experiencing as I Drench my mexi fries and crisp meat in ranch. 

Oh, yum. Now I know where I am making my mother eat lunch next time I'm in Lincoln to take her errand running. 

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Do tell, what is crisp meat? 

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

I wonder how Jeremy feels to be almost 30 and needing to be chaperoned on dates. 

My guess is he is probably getting a kick out of being virtuous -- sort of like when you start a diet and you feel so proud of yourself to be eating a healthy salad with no dressing and lots of lettuce while everyone around you is eating loaded baked potatoes or whatever.   

As with the diet, the novelty may wear off eventually. 

At least he'll know what to do on the wedding night and maybe he can make it pleasurable for Jinger - or at least less scary.

Or more scary because he won't be fumbling around and learning with her. He's had experience so he will know what he likes and this may intimidate Jinger who is pretty meek already.

But you never know, Jeremy may be broadening her horizons and bringing her out of her shell.

She may even be 'meek on the streets, but a (Jesus) freak in the sheets'

After she is married, of course.

44 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Or more scary because he won't be fumbling around and learning with her. He's had experience so he will know what he likes and this may intimidate Jinger who is pretty meek already.

But you never know, Jeremy may be broadening her horizons and bringing her out of her shell.

She may even be 'meek on the streets, but a (Jesus) freak in the sheets'
After she is married, of course.

I don't want to speculate about specifc wedding nights, but I want to say three things:

1. Just because a man has "experience," it doesn't follow that he will be "good in bed." He may have had sex a thousand times and still not know how to please a woman.  

2. Regardless of experience or inexperience,  what makes a successful sexual partnership is being equally interested in giving as well as receiving pleasure.  

3. Jinger seems to need someone who will encourage her to stand up straight and feel comfortable in her own skin.  The bad posture, the excess of tanner and make up, the sweet smile that doesn't always reach the eyes are all signs of someone who is uncomfortable (if not actually unhappy) with who she is.  She needs Jeremy to value her as a person, not just as a bedmate and possible brood mare.

JMHO

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't want to speculate about specifc wedding nights, but I want to say three things:

1. Just because a man has "experience," it doesn't follow that he will be "good in bed." He may have had sex a thousand times and still not know how to please a woman.  

2. Regardless of experience or inexperience,  what makes a successful sexual partnership is being equally interested in giving as well as receiving pleasure.  

3. Jinger seems to need someone who will encourage her to stand up straight and feel comfortable in her own skin.  The bad posture, the excess of tanner and make up, the sweet smile that doesn't always reach the eyes are all signs of someone who is uncomfortable (if not actually unhappy) with who she is.  She needs Jeremy to value her as a person, not just as a bedmate and possible brood mare.

JMHO

Definitely this. I know a guy who really prides himself on how many partners he has had, but to be honest I know a few of the girls he has slept with and I never have the heart to tell him its because none of them would sleep with him a second time. We aren't that close. Plus I'm pretty sure it would just bring about a "wanna show me?" type come on, so. 

54 minutes ago, obiwanfreak said:

image.png

They are going to end up with kids that all look alike like David and Priscilla. 

1 hour ago, sorchah said:

Both of them have sad eyes in this photo.

Her eyes look completely blank and his look unsure. 

1 hour ago, sorchah said:

Both of them have sad eyes in this photo.

I think she looks spaced out. Then again, they all kind of do a lot of the time.

they are both trying way to hard. 

I don't like the picture at all - 

with Ben and Jessa it was obvious and With Jill and Derick you could see the love

these two are either just doing for it the cameras or they have decided be pious and just act really weird 

I noticed that Jinger had her hands down at the taco place. I have a feeling she's hiding a ring. Gotta get that fall wedding done and dusted for TLC while Jerick are back in the States. 

Agree that I am also not feeling them at all. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived