IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

Jinger Duggar/Jeremy Vuolo

All aboard the endless speculation bus!

Carry on.  (Title courtesy of @Curious and crew.)

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn 3rd new topic for Jinger in 2 days. Has she ever gotten this much attention before?

I've been asked to remind everyone that we do not really want the bus to have to detour to WarningVille or Ban-Town.  

So mind your p's and q's - when in doubt (check the rules out) - just don't post it.

9 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Damn 3rd new topic for Jinger in 2 days. Has she ever gotten this much attention before?

Yeah, I heard some snarky people named a website after her once. :56247957a2c7b_32(17):

4 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I've been asked to remind everyone that we do not really want the bus to have to detour to WarningVille or Ban-Town.  

So mind your p's and q's - when in doubt (check the rules out) - just don't post it.

No kidding, as much as I love a good spanking, I don't like these kinds. I was spanked the other day, so I'm gonna be good and kiss some ass instead of slapping it.   

So I just saw the blessed (?) news. At least he plays for a New York team? And she looks fairly happy? 

The fact that he exposes his knees professionally (and probably hangs out with some fairly jocular people) might indicate an onset of fundie liteness, which would be nice. Although, after years of saying "Oh, he's got *enter some characteristics here*. They're going fundie lite, at a minimum, for sure" without ever being correct, I won't hold my breath.

I wonder how his religiosity goes over with his team

2 minutes ago, sockinshoe said:

So I just saw the blessed (?) news. At least he plays for a New York team? And she looks fairly happy? 

The fact that he exposes his knees professionally (and probably hangs out with some fairly jocular people) might indicate an onset of fundie liteness, which would be nice. Although, after years of saying "Oh, he's got *enter some characteristics here*. They're going fundie lite, at a minimum, for sure" without ever being correct, I won't hold my breath.

You're going to have to catch up. He last played for a minor league team in San Antonio in 2014. He's a pastor in Laredo now. 

Someone was commenting in the 2.0 thread about these folks having to spend the rest of their lives with the 1st person they date basically.  I know a lot of people who have done just that.  I have 2 good friends who married high school sweet hearts and are still married almost 30 years later and pretty darn happy.  I married my first love, not the 1st guy I dated, but the 1st one I fell in love with and we are still going strong at 20 years.  Though it isn't easy and you have to make it work. I will give these Fundies 1 thing they take marriage seriously. I also know a lot of people who say "well I can always get divorced if it doesn't work" Who thinks that on their wedding day? People who end up divorced. I have a friend who said that as we were zipping her into her gown, and she started cheating on her dh about 5 years in and dumped him about 15 years in when someone "better" came along. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

You're going to have to catch up. He last played for a minor league team in San Antonio in 2014. He's a pastor in Laredo now. 

The gossip mag articles I read all indicated that he had signed with the New York Red Bulls in 2014? 

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Someone was commenting in the 2.0 thread about these folks having to spend the rest of their lives with the 1st person they date basically.  I know a lot of people who have done just that.  I have 2 good friends who married high school sweet hearts and are still married almost 30 years later and pretty darn happy.  I married my first love, not the 1st guy I dated, but the 1st one I fell in love with and we are still going strong at 20 years.  Though it isn't easy and you have to make it work. I will give these Fundies 1 thing they take marriage seriously. I also know a lot of people who say "well I can always get divorced if it doesn't work" Who thinks that on their wedding day? People who end up divorced. I have a friend who said that as we were zipping her into her gown, and she started cheating on her dh about 5 years in and dumped him about 15 years in when someone "better" came along. 

Did these folks (and you) pick your future mates, or did your dad? Did you know another before your dad picked him? Did you have private moments and conversations before you wed? Could you not get married? Use BC?

There's so much more to this than a number.

5 minutes ago, sockinshoe said:

The gossip mag articles I read all indicated that he had signed with the New York Red Bulls in 2014? 

Nope. Rode the bench in NY, played in Texas, and is now a minister at Grace Community Church in Laredo, TX. 

image.png

1 minute ago, Kaylo said:

Nope. Rode the bench in NY, played in Texas, and is now a minister at Grace Community Church in Laredo, TX. 

image.png

Dang, that's too bad. Maybe my brain edited out that fact because it wanted Jinger to move to NYC.

I bet these two will have adorable babies. I'm imagining babies with a lot of dark hair, full cheeks, and big eyes. 

Why do all these fundies with the ugliest beliefs have the cutest little ones?!?!?

31 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Yeah, I heard some snarky people named a website after her once. :56247957a2c7b_32(17):

I actually laughed outloud on this. At work. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, sockinshoe said:

Check out his website. Plenty to snark on, and definitely not fundie lite by the looks of it.

29 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I am sure you and those you know made your own choices, based on your experiences, feelings, interaction, etc. Fundies do not do that. They rarely interact on anything but a superficial level and never without someone else present. They are expected to go from not knowing each other or thinking of the opposite sex to marriage and babies, forever and ever. They don't choose a spouse based on mutual affection and shared experiences, first love or tenth. They choose a spouse based on a set of rules, often a literal one, and the right answers to the Jesus questions.

The differences are immense.

The fundies take it seriously because they tie the worth of a woman to marriage and babies. They don't even have the option to be casual about 'not making it work'.

And, by the way, those who are divorced did not necessarily use it as an easy out; did not go into marriage thinking 'oh, I can always just get divorced'; looking for someone better, etc., etc., etc., you're coming close to the fundie stereotype there. The way people view marriage is not a cookie cutter map and the way people end marriages isn't either.

I'm glad you are still married to your first love but your relationship is not the guide for everyone elses and taking such a sweeping negative view of divorced people is a slippery slope.

why is it once I get engaged and start planning to move to Texas all the looneys seem to start heading down there:my_rolleyes: on the plus side I cant see him abandoning his church to go be JB's second garden boy tho I suppose we all thought that derek was gonna be the one to get Jill away from the mad house

When new courtships arise and we discuss relationships we always see a lot of people coming with their own anecdotal evidence about marrying their first loves and saving sex until marriage and having large age differences between spouses. I understand wanting to show that these relationships can work, but there's a lot at play here that makes it more complicated.

In the last thread we were talking about the age difference. Yes, age can be considered just a number, but what many of us are talking about is a power differential. My parents are 8 years apart and my sister and her partner are nearly 11 and both are fine. However, I have seen an ugly power dynamic in partners that are 2 years apart. One was 17 and the other was 19. The other was 18 and 20. Both at VERY different parts of their lives-- high school and college. Similarly, 21 and 23 or 24 can be a huge difference. Just think about the vast difference between a 22 year old who has never been to school outside her house and a 28 year old who has lived alone, has had more than one job, went to college, met and interacted with all sorts of secular people. That makes 6 years seem like two entire lifetimes.

When many of us talk about the scariness of age difference or marrying your first love or having sex with only one person your entire life, I don't think we are saying that it's impossible to have a good relationship with these aspects, especially in secular society. I also don't think anyone is attacking people who have relationships like that. I just think bringing up relationships that fill these quotas from secular society is like comparing apples to oranges.

edited to add: my own marriage fills one of these quotas. my husband had lots of sex before me and I waiting until our wedding night to have sex with him. while it's easy to get worked up in a knot when people say such fundie relationships like that can't be good, I know that MY relationship is nothing like a fundie's relationship. I know that my needs and my husband's needs are being met because we communicate regularly and have from the very beginning. Also, this was something I chose and was agreed upon from the beginning with my partner. This is not something that was thrusted upon me by my religion or my dad. Totally different.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Did these folks (and you) pick your future mates, or did your dad? Did you know another before your dad picked him? Did you have private moments and conversations before you wed? Could you not get married? Use BC?

There's so much more to this than a number.

I think on this forum it is easy to forget that we are talking about a whole other world in fundieland that has it's own wacky rues.  Sometimes we forget not to make our statements sound like we are generalizing the rest of the world and that it only applies in the fundie context. I know I have gotten defensive about certain comments because they do seem to generalize an age group or whatever and not realized that really the person making the comment was just referring to those people in fundieland. 

29 minutes ago, psycho-hope said:

why is it once I get engaged and start planning to move to Texas all the looneys seem to start heading down there:my_rolleyes: on the plus side I cant see him abandoning his church to go be JB's second garden boy tho I suppose we all thought that derek was gonna be the one to get Jill away from the mad house

Because Texas is awesome!  I love Texas with a capital L.  One day, I want to live there.  

I'm glad that you shared this @sophie10130 because I also agree that people forget that the whole fundie society is a million life years different than secular society.

I was just thinking last night when Derrick and Jill got married did he ever mention how he might not do traditional things like dance at his own wedding? Jeremy seems maybe a tiny bit more wordly than Derrick so now I'm curious how it's just gonna go down at their own wedding

I never thought Derrick would get Jill out, because I never thought Jill wanted out. She has always seemed like the daughter who is all-in. I think Jinger might long for things to be a little different, so maybe she will slowly loosen the chains. That's kind of how I see Alyssa. when her family talks about her, it makes me feel like she is a lot like her grandma, and Gil's parents do not seem impressed with the whole 19 kids thing. I think she met John, saw that he was fun die royalty but also kind of flexible, and got herself out. Slowly, she has made some changes. I think she'll have three or four kids here early on, but then will stop, and by then the attention will be on her sisters anyway. I think Jinger could do something similar, but she needs to get away from Jessa. Jessa is like a fundie Lydia Bennet from pride and prejudice. 

I am sure her wedding will be a mix of Jill's and Jessa's weddings. Bridesmaid dresses that can worn again. It would be interesting to see Jinger's beau friends. Anyone from the secular world, like Tebow?

I feel like TLC will push the "pro soccer" thing hard, along with the tabloids. I hope they at least print that he isn't one anymore and is just a pastor. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived