IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Women do look good with their natural, and they look FANTASTIC with a face full makeup that brings out and highlights their natural face! Makeup forever!

You must not be caught up on the new season of OINTB...

Lol! I haven't seen the show. My brother keeps telling me to, but I haven't been able to.

I am pretty pumped about Laverne in the remake of Rocky Horror though. That looks fantastic!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did the people on Tumblr get those pictures? Excellent sleuthing no matter how they found them.

I will say this, if anyone tries to put that stripey old gym sock with a bow on my newborn daughter I will kill them with fire. 

26 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I will say this, if anyone tries to put that stripey old gym sock with a bow on my newborn daughter I will kill them with fire. 

it almost looks like they took TWO newborn hospital caps, cut two slits, then pulled the second cap through the slits and ruffled it a bit to look like a bow.

JUST IN CASE the blue in the cap confused us. Now we know FOR SURE it's a girl.

3 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

it almost looks like they took TWO newborn hospital caps, cut two slits, then pulled the second cap through the slits and ruffled it a bit to look like a bow.

It is two hats... most hospitals do it for girls if the parents want it.

I'm from NJ. We like big bows. I'll never understand the hardcore snarking on fundies for the bows because I see it every day. Has nothing to do with their religion or gender roles. 

Wow she has long fingers (for a newborn,) Auntie Erin will need to teach her to play piano.

Between now and Christmas my 3 nieces are due to have 4 baby girls, it'll be interesting to see if they go the headband route fashion wise. We haven't had a baby in the family for a couple of decades, and suddenly boom - 4 due and all girls! My sister is already collecting tutus which apparently are all the rage in little girl fashion these days.

My daughter got one but I don't remember the bow being so big.  Kaci Lynn really is a beautiful newborn.

It says on Tumblr they came from Whitney's father's Facebook.  I'm from the south, big bows and headbands are the norm.  I agree, Kaci's name is growing on me.  She's so darn cute.  Maybe Erin can teach her piano in the future lol

On 6/22/2016 at 8:05 PM, accountingstar said:

Finally a close up of baby Kaci.

Here's baby Bradley for comparison:

I think she might even look more like him in this one (esp if flipped)!
Like everyone else has said - he's about the cutest kid around and I didn't think she'd stand a chance, but man, if this is any indicator, she may well!

Since Kaci's birth was overshadowed by Jinger's courtship, maybe Jill or Jessa will announce a pregnancy to upstage Brooklyn Paine's arrival.

13 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Hospitals always do this.  I think it is adorable.  Shrug.  

FWIW, I could not get a barette or bow of any kind to stay in my daughter's  hair  until she was at least 4, and she has never really liked bows.  She has long, straight hair, and she likes to wear it loose like a damndirtyhippie from the 70's, and I let her.

14 hours ago, Casserole said:

It is two hats... most hospitals do it for girls if the parents want it.

I'm from NJ. We like big bows. I'll never understand the hardcore snarking on fundies for the bows because I see it every day. Has nothing to do with their religion or gender roles. 

I think the bows are kind of cute myself.

All newborns look a little potato-y to me, so I'll hold off on calling her cute for a bit. She has some good genes though- Bradley is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen, and I'm sure Kaci Lynn will be lovely.

(I will say that i'm a little disappointed they had a girl. Females get a raw deal in this cult and it saddens me every time a fundie has one)

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

(I will say that i'm a little disappointed they had a girl. Females get a raw deal in this cult and it saddens me every time a fundie has one)

At least Zach and Whitney seem sweet and they live confortable. Kaci is a lucky girl comparing with a Rodrigues or an Anderson.

(I know, I know, you cannot compare the second baby with the 9th).

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

At least Zach and Whitney seem sweet and they live confortable. Kaci is a lucky girl comparing with a Rodrigues or an Anderson.

(I know, I know, you cannot compare the second baby with the 9th).

The Rodrigues and Anderson kids were screwed from the first one on. I can't imagine them ever living anything resembling a normal life....

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

At least Kaci and Brooklyn are/will be very loved, and are born to relatively stable families (in the grand scheme of things, a girl could be born to a lot worse than Zach/Whit and Chad/Erin). But I get the feeling, I sincerely hope Jessa never has a daughter. 

I'm sure the girls will be allowed to go to fake college and get a degree. And I'm sure their parents will implement a courtship model that lets them know their partners for a while. Kaci and Brooklyn and Allie can work a little too. Alyssa has that cleaning business and Erin taught piano lessons.

On June 23, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Mela99 said:

Hospital issued- for like the past 20+ years.

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Hospital issued- for like the past 20+ years.

Yeah but the bow seems to be a recent addition in the past few years. At any rate, I'm grateful to be a crocheter - I'll make Little Test Tube's first hats. 

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Yeah but the bow seems to be a recent addition in the past few years. At any rate, I'm grateful to be a crocheter - I'll make Little Test Tube's first hats. 

If I ever reproduce, I fully intend to make one of those awesome crocheted viking hats, complete with horns. Ravelry is a cornucopia of hilarious kid hat patterns. 

When I think of the matching homemade frumpers and prairie dresses the Bates daughters wore back in the day, I'm glad to see Kaci Lynn (like Ally Jane before her) dressed in normal trendy baby clothes that you'd buy at the mall. No, I'm not crazy about all the pink stuff, but it seems that most parents nowadays (not just fundies) dress their daughters in very girly princessy clothes. I wouldn't even know where to find unisex baby clothes-- everything in the stores screams THIS IS FOR GIRLS or THIS IS FOR BOYS.

17 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

When I think of the matching homemade frumpers and prairie dresses the Bates daughters wore back in the day, I'm glad to see Kaci Lynn (like Ally Jane before her) dressed in normal trendy baby clothes that you'd buy at the mall. No, I'm not crazy about all the pink stuff, but it seems that most parents nowadays (not just fundies) dress their daughters in very girly princessy clothes. I wouldn't even know where to find unisex baby clothes-- everything in the stores screams THIS IS FOR GIRLS or THIS IS FOR BOYS.

Perhaps Target? I only say that because they made a big deal about making the toy section a little more gender neutral in terms of colors, so maybe their baby clothes are also like that?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived