IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get a good look at her face in those pics. I'm surprised she came early since Bradley came late. 

This would've been big news if Jinger hadn't started courting.

• OnceUponATime pinned this topic

Maybe they announced it today to make sure the spotlight doesn't completely swivel to the Duggars? The fact that "gallery" only has two pictures reeks to me of hasty release. 

Whit looks great. Bradley is adorable. Zach looks happy. And poor little Kaci is already being adorned with flower headbands. Any bets on how big the flowers will get over time?

And I'm glad for Whit's sake that she didn't go really late this time. Being super pregnant in the heat has got to be seriously uncomfortable.

10 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

Maybe they announced it today to make sure the spotlight doesn't completely swivel to the Duggars? The fact that "gallery" only has two pictures reeks to me of hasty release. 

I don't think so. She was born on the 20th. The family picture has whit all done up with hair and makeup. They probably wanted to wait to announce until Whitney got her hair and makeup done and Bradley was brought to the hospital.

Anyone else imagine Kelly tenting her fingers and saying: "Take THAT Duggar courtship announcement!"

I can't see much of her from the pics they released.  I'm glad that both Whitney and Kaci are healthy.

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think so. She was born on the 20th. The family picture has whit all done up with hair and makeup. They probably wanted to wait to announce until Whitney got her hair and makeup done and Bradley was brought to the hospital.

and then only release two pictures when she's gotten all (very nicely!) dressed up? :kitty-shifty:

5 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

and then only release two pictures when she's gotten all (very nicely!) dressed up? :kitty-shifty:

it may be a work in progress. Baby Kaci was a few days early, after all.

A courtship announcement and now a new baby. FJ is keeping me busy this week!

Neither picture gives a good look at Kaci-Lynn, but Bradley certainly is adorable.

I hardly recognized Whitney. She looks like someone else that I know (only I can't place a name to who I'm thinking of, which is driving me nuts!). In any case, I'm glad they're both healthy. I don't typically think many newborns look cute, and the pictures aren't all that great anyway, so I'll refrain from comments on adorableness until she's a few months old. Bradley does look adorable, though!

2 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I hardly recognized Whitey. She looks like someone else that I know (only I can't place a name to who I'm thinking of, which is driving me nuts!). In any case, I'm glad they're both healthy. I don't typically think many newborns look cute, and the pictures aren't all that great anyway, so I'll refrain from comments on adorableness until she's a few months old. Bradley does look adorable, though!

Haha Whitey

She looks so glammed up. Here, she's got hair and makeup done! 

And that pic was released by the network less than 12 hours after she gave birth. Yowza. 

7lb. 8oz. 21.5"

Does anyone else think that the family has been weirdly quite about Kaci Lynn's birth? I mean the Bates family normally keeps a heavy social media presence, and the only other Bates that congratulated Zach and Whitney publicly was Michael(la?)

Thought that it was interesting that Taryn Yager did the photos in the hospital. The Bates use her for all of their photos. She is expecting a baby boy in a couple of weeks. Surprised that there were only 2 photos. I checked Taryn's Facebook, but no photos were posted on Kaci. https://www.facebook.com/tarynyagerphotography/

Kaci Lynn was born on June 20th at 10:32 PM and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and is 21.5 inches long! #tarynyagerphotography

Jinger's courtship totally overshadowed baby Kaci news. SO far beyond on other news.

3 hours ago, 20thBates said:

Haha Whitey

Oh my God I can't believe I did that :laughing-jumpingpurple: My laptop gets a little wonky when I'm on FJ, and sometimes I miss the riffles, especially since "whitey" is, technically, a word.

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

Does anyone else think that the family has been weirdly quite about Kaci Lynn's birth? I mean the Bates family normally keeps a heavy social media presence, and the only other Bates that congratulated Zach and Whitney publicly was Michael(la?)

Unless they're all bent out of shape because JinJer happened and they're mourning a failed Jinger/Lawson courtship, which probably isn't it but I'm on the speculation train tonight lol

Glad mom and baby are healthy. They look like a happy family... 

However I don't like the make-up picture in the hospital as a baby announcement. It rings fake. Women look good with their natural face. Especially after giving birth you should be proud of yourself. Why women always cover up with tons of make-up and hot curled, dyed blonde hair is baffling. Now that little girl will see her mom with tons of make-up and copy that as "beauty" when her natural look is good. Men don't hide their faces in make-up. Sigh. I'll get off my make-up soapbox now.  

I hope her make-up was cruelty-free at least. A light in the darkness.    

2 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Glad mom and baby are healthy. They look like a happy family... 

However I don't like the make-up picture in the hospital as a baby announcement. It rings fake. Women look good with their natural face. Especially after giving birth you should be proud of yourself. Why women always cover up with tons of make-up and hot curled, dyed blonde hair is baffling. Now that little girl will see her mom with tons of make-up and copy that as "beauty" when her natural look is good. Men don't hide their faces in make-up. Sigh. I'll get off my make-up soapbox now.  

I hope her make-up was cruelty-free at least. A light in the darkness.    

I think some women don't like how they look after giving birth. They probably feel exhausted and sore and may want to look glamorous for the photos. I remember seeing Kate Middleton look great as she left the hospital with baby George and baby Charlotte, and media gushing over her beauty after giving birth. But it looked so unnatural, the organized hair and makeup and high heels/wedges she wore. Some women may feel insecure about post-labor looks, but honestly, it's fine to rest and go natural.

I don't wear make-up at all but after giving birth I could have used some, I honestly looked like a fresh corpse. Weird yellowish skin color, puffy face, dark circles under my eyes and hair that was completely tangled, it took me days to get all the tangled bits out because it hurt so much. 

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived