IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

Just now, Palimpsest said:

Are you sure you have the right guy?  This article says that he is a pastor's son. http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/03/11/philadelphians-abroad-former-rbny-keeper-vuolo-leaves-soccer-for-ministry/

Grace Church of Downington doesn't look Catholic to me. http://gracechurchdowningtown.org/

He has a very annoying voice.  

She backtracked on that in a later post.

I would just caution @MsSourPickle to be careful with the assumptions and applying stereotypes to his parents.  

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Jeremy....3 hours into an announcement and his motives, background, family and career are being scrutinized, dissected and judged. I, for one, am going to withhold my thoughts and judgements at this point.

And yes, I know this is not popular as FJ is a snark site. No need to tell me that.

6 minutes ago, dianapavelovna said:

But who will take the courtship/engagement/wedding/maternity pictures?!?

I believe Christopher Maxwell does weddings...if the Duggars can meet the criteria for his contract...

I was so hopeful when I saw that he was a professional, college educated soccer player. I was thinking of a team along the lines of the Columbus Crew which had a pretty big following on my college's campus. Syracuse isn't a college to scoff at either. But he might as well have been playing arena football it seems.

Now looking at his church website/sermons, I'm dismayed. Yeah, maybe Jinger won't live in poverty like other second generation fundie kids, but she sure won't get that big city life she always dreamed of.

Maybe living in Laredo could teach her something about other cultures, but that's all the hope I have.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I believe Christopher Maxwell does weddings...if the Duggars can meet the criteria for his contract...

I don't think Jeremy will meet the criteria!  

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Sierra, of course!  Its going to be a BLAST!  We're going to watch Jinger try and teach Silly Siera TM

Try and change aperture, zoom, not cut off Jinger's head.  Its going to be HYSTERICAL!

I was going to suggest Jana. She's already an interior designer, contractor, baker, childcare expert, concert pianist, and everything else you can think of. Why not Professional Photographer too?! :pb_lol:

Also, I've never been to Laredo but it isn't exactly a small town. More than 600k if you count the twin city across the border in Mexico. Wikipedia tells me that it is the least ethnically-diverse large city in the US, as 96% of residents are Latino. If that's where they settle, I wonder how Jinger will adjust to being surrounded by so many Catholics!

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Or the Ardnt boys!!!!  This may or may not be a good idea for Jana and Joy Anna?!!!

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Also, I've never been to Laredo but it isn't exactly a small town. More than 600k if you count the twin city across the border in Mexico. Wikipedia tells me that it is the least ethnically-diverse large city in the US, as 96% of residents are Latino. If that's where they settle, I wonder how Jinger will adjust to being surrounded by so many Catholics!

More people to convert.

29 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So if they started getting to know one another in May 2015 then Jinger was already with him when we were speculating about Lawson.  No wonder they didn't say anything.  They were throwing us off the scent so we would look in the wrong place. 

It also explains Jinger's expressions when the producers asked if there were any courtships on the horizon. She would say stuff like "Stay tuned..."

34 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

They have to talk about having a "godly heart" because they have nothing else to talk about. Fundies don't read anything other than the Bible and other religious pablum, don't watch anything interesting on TV other than horrible "Christian movies" and televangelists, and purposely limit their intellectual horizons. Men and women are also basically interchangeable in the fundie world, since they think any "godly" man can have a successful marriage with a "godly" woman if they try hard enough, because being "godly" is all that counts. The fact that Jeremy has a degree from a secular university means nothing; Voddie Baucham has a degree from Oxford and he's as nutty as the proverbial fruitcake. If he was approved by JB he must be Gothard-curious at least.

OK, I LOL'd at 'Gothard-curious'!  

Just now, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Easy! She'll convince the Dillards to abandon evil Sintral America and move to Toledo to help them harass all the unsuspecting Catholics in the area. I mean, the Dills have had SO MUCH success down there. Should be a walk in the park! :pb_rollseyes::pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

That guy will quit his soccer career and start up a 'ministry', while being under the thumb of Boob. I'm calling it. We put too much faith in Derick and look what happened.

Much like with Derrick, anyone who's actually educated and STILL finds his way into the Duggar fold must be an an asshole.

At this point, screw being JB approved.  What scares me is that he's friends with Bin.  If he's anything like Bin, that spells bad news for Jinger.

18 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

IMHO, Jinger's man is by far the most attractive and employable Duggar-involved bachelor thus far. Good for her. They'll have beautiful, athletic, college-educated babies.

LOL Just because the father was college educated before he went fundie crazy doesn't mean the children will be college educated. Especially if they are homeschooled by a Duggar. Who knows if they'll even be allowed to be athletic, as the Duggars are against organized sports for whatever stupid reason.

19 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

IMHO, Jinger's man is by far the most attractive and employable Duggar-involved bachelor thus far. Good for her. They'll have beautiful, athletic, college-educated babies.

i disagree - jinger acts like a wounded bird half the time

if she is really in love with this guy

it should be fascinating

So now I'm wondering why TLC bailed on an announcement in the season fail-nale if this has been going on since May 2015?

Just now, RabbitKM said:

At this point, screw being JB approved.  What scares me is that he's friends with Bin.  If he's anything like Bin, that spells bad news for Jinger.

ben has tried to become him and it hasn't worked

so now Ben can ride on his coat tails

hopefully he won't run jinger over

it is just a matter of time

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

LOL Just because the father was college educated before he went fundie crazy doesn't mean the children will be college educated. Especially if they are homeschooled by a Duggar. Who knows if they'll even be allowed to be athletic, as the Duggars are against organized sports for whatever stupid reason.

and clearly he is already under Jb's thumb if he was in a video prostrating to a recent justin birthday video

There is something I just don't trust about him, Alcohol in high school turned to preacher. On the surface seems ok but I have a feeling the more that becomes public about him the worse he will be.  

My uh oh sense was tingling when I saw the pic this morning, as the Jimmy Buffett song goes "Only time Will tell"

It's not too late Jinger run like the WIND! 

1 hour ago, Kira said:
35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know the grossest part? If Jinger had went off to college, had a typical college experience with drinking and sex, and then confessed all her son's and was born again, not a single fundie guy would side hug her with a ten foot pole. Gotta love the sexist paternalistic culture these fundies live for.

Jeremy met Jinger in May of 2015- when Joshgate 1.0 exploded :pb_neutral:

So, there's the mess of quotes there.

Anywho, these two quotes made me think- in fundie land, Jinger is borderline spoiled goods ( I DO NOT espouse this view; I am saying that in her culture, some look at her this way. I even think she looks at herself this way.) So this guy shows up when she is exposed as not-as-pure-as-other-Gothard-girls. In short, though she did nothing wrong, there might still not be any fundie guys who would side hug her with a ten foot pole. But this guy, he's not exactly as pure-as-a-Gothard-guy either so Jinger's status lets him get a foot in the door where he might not otherwise a) even consider trying for a Duggar, or b) even be considered by Jim Boob as a candidate.

May this all turn out to be the silver lining for Jinger. :pray:

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

It also explains Jinger's expressions when the producers asked if there were any courtships on the horizon. She would say stuff like "Stay tuned..."

that was filmed in March so I have to agree to a shred

march April may

standard amount of time

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Or the Ardnt boys!!!!  This may or may not be a good idea for Jana and Joy Anna?!!!

I agree!!! Probably more for Jana than Joy. They are quirky in their own way but most are good looking and their jobs (photography, court reporting and IT stuff) aren't ministering or religious in the slightest. They seem to blend well with mainstream folks while likely holding similar core values as the Duggars. As a bonus, the boys won't ever leave their homestead, which guarantees the Duggarette will be far away from Duggarville.

new season plot lines

we find out

we don't care

jinger cries

jana cries

jessa jumps up and down

ben tries to ride his coat tails, he is older

59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So this dude met her on a mission trip and then just called Boob and asked to court? Not buying it.

Yep, and Boob was like "Hell yes you can court her! Our rating are down and our reputation is shot and we need a good story line. Welcome to the family!"

2 hours ago, JPatti said:

Hi all--permanent lurker here. I just wanted to say that despite all of the crap that comes with courting an unknown new convert to fundamentalism...I hope his "past" will maybe help him help Jinger with her "unworthiness" and whatever horrible feelings of guilt she has alluded to in the past. Hopefully this will never be that ridiculous Fundy situation (like Boob and Jchelle) where the husband is constantly "forgiving" the wife for her "past." Maybe they will bond over their imperfection in a healthy way. oh well, I don't have a ton of hope...

Back to the shadows for me...what an interesting g development this is!

This is exsactly what my thoughts are as well. His not perfect past probably helps a lot with Jinger's feeling unworthy, they can overcome their 'faults' together. I do think he is going to be fundie and spout the party line and quit soccer all together within a year and a half. I don't see this guy making miracles happen if he managed to successfully negotiate with Jim Bob for a courtship and not yet announced engagement. I am exspecting this guy to partner up with Bin in trying to create and operate a ministry together and a TLC storyline of Jessa and Jinger reunited as sister besties experiencing motherhood together. His college education is practically worthless now that he signed on with the Duggar crew, he is now just a hollow headed hotty pawn for Jim Bob and TLC to direct around.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived