Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nst said:

new season

they will be engaged by xmas

By christmas? They will be married by christmas, they are probably engaged by now

1 hour ago, BeaSnarky said:

Not only that, he graduated from Syracuse.  Go on girl, get your ticket outta there!

Let's not get our hopes up - Derrick graduated from a university too, and both him and Ben seemed normal and like they might save the girls when we first met them...and boy were we wrong. Jeremy has already ditched soccer for "ministry".

Yeah yeah someone has to shit on the parade.

I don't see anything to get excited about. I am just going to be mean and say it. Why would a good looking, educated, employed, professional athlete want an uneducated woman who has been sheltered to the point of never having gone to the grocery store by herself and has never been allowed an independent thought? If he had it all together he would want more out of a potential spouse. Instead, he wants someone who is submissive, he can control and mold into what he wants them to be. He didn't go after anyone on equal footing or who even has her own identity or goals. 

I am on the train of no normal guy would go after a Duggar woman or any fundy woman. Jinger is pretty and may be very nice but that's really it. She was raised to be the perfect fundy wife and that's it. I think if Jinger marries this man she will be in a worse position than skill and Jessa. He has his own money so he will have complete control. Further, I don't trust anyone Jim Bob thinks is worthy of courting his daughter. Look at the other two, most of us would be embarassed to say our daughters were married to a teenager and one who seems to be going backwards in life. If Jim Bon approves, then this guy drinks the Koolaid by the gallon. He isn't going to take Jinger away and let her live this wonderful independent life. 

TLC has 5 facts about Jeremy

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/jinger-duggar-is-courting-5-things-to-know-about-jeremy-vuolo/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tlc&sf29101557=1

2 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

My analogy would have been "Oh, please God, help Jinger get a pearl and not a Pearl" - meaning a Michael Pearl-type fundie :P

Maybe Jinger will be the Alyssa Bates of the Duggar family.

Agree completely with the bold. They're using Jana in the same way they used Grandma Mary.

I don't know how this show is coming back. It's amazing that TLC is going to take the hit, but does anyone really want to see another boring Duggar courtship?

Yes. Their fans love courtships/weddings/babies. Most people love reality show weddings. Many reality shows have gotten their best rating because of a televised wedding.

I'm sure many people will watch for the snark potential.

8 minutes ago, nst said:

new season

they will be engaged by xmas

Jill will be pregnant

and Jessa will actually adopt by November

calling it

what is sick is that he is ben's friend and jessa probably was all over this

maybe he and ben can join up

I am calling it that they join up and minster together

Jessa will never adopt - it's all just talk. She'll be pregnant long before.

13 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

According to Reddit:

Turned on him? I'll have to explore that more.

image.jpeg

Athletes by nature like games(obviously) I'm pretty sure the team didn't want to hear preaching. Your head has to be in the game not on god. Plus pro athletes are notorious manwhores. So I'm pretty sure his team was sick of him.

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

I don't see anything to get excited about. I am just going to be mean and say it. Why would a good looking, educated, employed, professional athlete want an uneducated woman who has been sheltered to the point of never having gone to the grocery store by herself and has never been allowed an independent thought? If he had it all together he would want more out of a potential spouse. Instead, he wants someone who is submissive, he can control and mold into what he wants them to be. He didn't go after anyone on equal footing or who even has her own identity or goals. 

I am on the train of no normal guy would go after a Duggar woman or any fundy woman. Jinger is pretty and may be very nice but that's really it. She was raised to be the perfect fundy wife and that's it. I think if Jinger marries this man she will be in a worse position than skill and Jessa. He has his own money so he will have complete control. Further, I don't trust anyone Jim Bob thinks is worthy of courting his daughter. Look at the other two, most of us would be embarassed to say our daughters were married to a teenager and one who seems to be going backwards in life. If Jim Bon approves, then this guy drinks the Koolaid by the gallon. He isn't going to take Jinger away and let her live this wonderful independent life. 

I agree. Other than a pretty face, what do these girls really have to offer? The show is barely surviving and let's face it, they aren't really skilled homemakers either.

You can find a pretty face anywhere...and many of them come with educations, jobs, skills and interesting personalities and interests.

Yep as @Lyle Lanley said, the San Antonio Scorpions were dissolved in 2015 and a new club San Antonio FC were formed to play in USL franchise, Jeremy is not listed as a player with the new club. If he is still playing I can't find anything that tells me where.

I had a bit of hope to begin with but the more the great posters here find out the more the hope is fading. :( 

8 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

By christmas? They will be married by christmas, they are probably engaged by now

I agree. I bet there will be an engagement announced by the end of June.

That how it happened with Jill and Derick.

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

^^^^^

Assuming he's still playing ball to have a somewhat stable income...I wouldn't be surprised to see he and Ben cuddled up co-preaching.  

Does anyone know what kind of money people at his level of soccer pull in?  

If it's decent money I'd imagine his "heart for ministry" has a good chance of taking a back seat.

I have a true heart for spending time on my couch in yoga pants petting my four legged babies...but I had to give it up in order to pay for the walls that surround said couch.

All bets are off with fundies but for most people I'd think 28 and having lived autonomously is a little late to fall completely under the spell of Jim-Bob.  

I would love for one of JB's future children-in-law to substantially out earn him.  That would KILL him - won't be enough praying away the envy to soothe his tortured ego.  

Future son in law would be great...if one of the howlers grew away and snagged a working wife who smoked JB in the provider department?  I'm guessing the human combustion of JB Duggar will be a very special episode.   (and yes, TLC, even I would tune in for that one!)

8 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Ugh a deep dark place inside me agrees with this but I just can't get myself to upvote it because it is so sad and probably so true. It really makes me want to cry.

After reading the TLC article it is just so blatant that they made up all that shit for Jinger to do in the season as a way to make her look more well-rounded before being led to marriage.

Edit: Where the hell does JB find these dudes?!?! :?

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Does anyone know what kind of money people at his level of soccer pull in?  

If it's decent money I'd imagine his "heart for ministry" has a good chance of taking a back seat.

I have a true heart for spending time on my couch in yoga pants petting my four legged babies...but I had to give it up in order to pay for the walls that surround said couch.

All bets are off with fundies but for most people I'd think 28 and having lived autonomously is a little late to fall completely under the spell of Jim-Bob.  

I would love for one of JB's future children-in-law to substantially out earn him.  That would KILL him - won't be enough praying away the envy to soothe his tortured ego.  

Future son in law would be great...if one of the howlers grew away and snagged a working wife who smoked JB in the provider department?  I'm guessing the human combustion of JB Duggar will be a very special episode.   (and yes, TLC, even I would tune in for that one!)

Minor league soccer players don't make much. 

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. Other than a pretty face, what do these girls really have to offer? The show is barely surviving and let's face it, they aren't really skilled homemakers either.

You can find a pretty face anywhere...and many of them come with educations, jobs, skills and interesting personalities and interests.

A spread in People magazine.  

Even if he doesn't make much it's probably more than Ben makes as his FIL's toilet bitch boy. 

I also think that they're probably already engaged. No way Kim Jong Boob would allow Josiahgate 2.0. 

Glad she in with someone who has been part of the world. Little surprise that JB and Michelle would approve such a match. 

Hahahahaha, My Aunt and Uncle lived near his parents and are good friends with them. They live in Downington Pennsylvania. I have met him. He's a good guy. Jimbob won't be able to sway him easily like he has with Bin and Derrick.  Jer is a very worldly guy too. Very Family Oriented so I would not be surprised if Jer and Jinger settle down some day in Burks Co. PA near his family. This is ripe. Hahahahaha. He;s is not one to have inlaws and brothers and sisters moving in and living with them or continually having visitors. I will tell you one thing, he won't be kissin inlaws with Joshley. Boob will try to rule Jer's roost but boob won't get far. I am still laughing. How the hell did he get mixed up with the Duggars. I can't stop laughing.

Jill and Derick got engaged the day they announced the courtship, so maybe JB and JV are still disscusing the terms of the contract

(And yes, i totally want credit for that nickname :pb_lol:)

Hi all--permanent lurker here. I just wanted to say that despite all of the crap that comes with courting an unknown new convert to fundamentalism...I hope his "past" will maybe help him help Jinger with her "unworthiness" and whatever horrible feelings of guilt she has alluded to in the past. Hopefully this will never be that ridiculous Fundy situation (like Boob and Jchelle) where the husband is constantly "forgiving" the wife for her "past." Maybe they will bond over their imperfection in a healthy way. oh well, I don't have a ton of hope...

Back to the shadows for me...what an interesting g development this is!

Yay for some juicy news around here!

There's something off about that guy for me, I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see him more etc., but just from first impressions, I'm not warming to him at all. Can't put my finger on why.

If he is an excellent speaker like it's written on TLC, it's gonna change from Binny who can't speak properly (coming from a non native English speaker!).

Like someone wrote maybe Jinger will follow Alyssa Bates/Webster path. Alyssa married a guy 6 years older than her and today she is a little less fundie than the others.

2 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

Hahahahaha, My Aunt and Uncle lived near his parents and are good friends with them. They live in Downington Pennsylvania. I have met him. He's a good guy. Jimbob won't be able to sway him easily like he has with Bin and Derrick.  Jer is a very worldly guy too. Very Family Oriented so I would not be surprised if Jer and Jinger settle down some day in Burks Co. PA near his family. This is ripe. Hahahahaha. He;s is not one to have inlaws and brothers and sisters moving in and living with them or continually having visitors. I will tell you one thing, he won't be kissin inlaws with Joshley. Boob will try to rule Jer's roost but boob won't get far. I am still laughing. How the hell did he get mixed up with the Duggars. I can't stop laughing.

I sure hope you're right...

Any insight on his conversion to fundie christianity? Does it run in the family?

1 minute ago, MorningMist said:

Yay for some juicy news around here!

There's something off about that guy for me, I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see him more etc., but just from first impressions, I'm not warming to him at all. Can't put my finger on why.

Off course there's something wrong with him, he's courting a duggar

7 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

I am still laughing. How the hell did he get mixed up with the Duggars. I can't stop laughing.

I also would like to know how he got mixed up with that family.  I'm laughing, because you're laughing.  :laughing-rollingyellow:

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived