IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go, Jinger!!!  Hopefully this guy is cut from a different, non-Gothard-juice-drinking mold and you two will be blissfully happy--far away from the Duggar compound.

I have to add that this guy is hot and looks kinda normal. I'll shut up until after they both start spilling shit out of their mouths, but let's hope this is the guy that frees Jinger

Here's hoping this works out for her, it will get her far away from Duggarville and living in a city like she has always wanted.  With her guy being a pro soccer player he should be able to support them both independently of Jim Boob.

If he continues in pro soccer, she'll get to travel a lot.  

If he's the one who "Frees Jinger," what will we call this place?

I'm not confident yet about Jinger freed. He met Jinger through Bin and Jessa, and is 'pursuing ministry' along with soccer.

On another thread somewhere I remember someone musing that TLC was filming the boring stuff of Counting On in case something happened and then they wouldn't have missed anything.

i also wonder if the "important announcement" for the finale of Counting On was a courtship announcement that got squashed for some reason. 

He's hot.

He has money.

He has a degree.

He plays ebil team sports.

The heart for ministry is a bit disappointing but maybe he just went along with it because he fancied a hot girl who seemed into it and he was trying to get in good with her folks?

(I'm determined to be optimistic about this - free Jinger!!)

11 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I have to add that this guy is hot and looks kinda normal. I'll shut up until after they both start spilling shit out of their mouths, but let's hope this is the guy that frees Jinger

He went to a real university, too!! And has been out in the world extensively. Oh, please God, help Jinger get a pearl and not a dud!

26 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Don't know if this has been shared yet, but people has an article. 

Jinger is courting!!

http://www.people.com/article/jinger-duggar-courting-professional-soccer-player-jeremy-cuovo

And he's a professional soccer player!!! What?!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed & hope for the best. I also like the fact that they seem to be standing close together... & dare I say with their arms around each other, too? 

6 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I'm not confident yet about Jinger freed. He met Jinger through Bin and Jessa, and is 'pursuing ministry' along with soccer.

On another thread somewhere I remember someone musing that TLC was filming the boring stuff of Counting On in case something happened and then they wouldn't have missed anything.

i also wonder if the "important announcement" for the finale of Counting On was a courtship announcement that got squashed for some reason. 

I made similar comments. I think they rushed the first season. TLC likely knew a courship was in the works. I wonder if something is going on with Jana and/or JD, the show was hinting that they could be courting

The comments on this thread are similar to the comments mad when Jill announced her courtship to Derrick! He went to a real college and was employed. He also seemed less religious. 

I'm also not confident he will "free" Jinger.

10 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

He's hot.

He has money.

He has a degree.

He plays ebil team sports.

The heart for ministry is a bit disappointing but maybe he just went along with it because he fancied a hot girl who seemed into it and he was trying to get in good with her folks?

(I'm determined to be optimistic about this - free Jinger!!)

That's true. It could be worse. He's an adult, not a man boy, and won't be living on JB's dime-- I hope. The thing I like is that if he's a professional soccer player, if him and Jinger end up marrying, maybe she'll get her city living after all. :)

That guy will quit his soccer career and start up a 'ministry', while being under the thumb of Boob. I'm calling it. We put too much faith in Derick and look what happened.

OMG He's kinda hot lol

I don't have any high hopes. He's more than likely to quit soccer and do ministry stuff. But damn Jinger she did good lol

4 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

That guy will quit his soccer career and start up a 'ministry', while being under the thumb of Boob. I'm calling it.

I'm worried you're right.  But hopeful!  Maybe he won't and she will get to travel and escape the family.

This is probably the best that Jinger can hope for.  If he is nice to her and doesn't drink too much of the Duggar Kool Aid, she has a chance to get out without having to break with her family. And once one of them is out, the others will find it easier.

The missionary stuff is suspect and the fact that the courtship is going to be part of the next season doesn't look promising.  But at least she will have a chance.

Just now, Sweet Fellowship said:

That guy will quit his soccer career and start up a 'ministry', while being under the thumb of Boob. I'm calling it.

I really want to downvote this because I fear that you are right. 

Hopefully, when she is out from under JimBoob's protection she can see the world for the really cool place it can be instead of a place to fear and look down on.

Just now, eightykatie said:

I'm worried you're right.  But hopeful!  Maybe he won't and she will get to travel and escape the family.

I made the mistake of thinking Derick Dillard would be Jill's saviour. I'm not being so optimistic this time.

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived