IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Five

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks from Michael and Rebekah Thomas's Instagram that she is pregnant with number 5....Could be the shirt but I thought I saw a bump.  Their youngest is around 1 or so.

I do see some concerns with fundie families having  Children with special needs. The corporal punishment point mentioned above being a primary one. But the comment up thread stated "normal" families would "stop" after having a child with DS.  I take offense to that and it's not true by the way. Went on to have two beautiful daughters after my son was diagnosed with Autism. Might have more. It's no one's concern but mine and my husbands. 

I think the issue is more that most families would stop and consider whether having another child is good for their family and the children they already have. This decision can be different when you already have a child with DS (or other disabilities), or it could be the same. But in most families, the parents consider the effect having more children would have on the children they already have. Now with quiverfull fundies, that doesn't happen. They just keep havin' 'em and 'havin' 'em and havin' 'em, regardless of the effect this has on the children they already have.

Maybe consider this: Most people wouldn't dare tell parents they shouldn't try to have another baby after a they had a premie. However, it is very commonly said on this board that the Duggars should definitely have stopped after Josie. It's not comparable to a "normal" family who actually cares about the existing children, and takes their well-being into account.

I do agree that saying "normal families would stop after having a child with DS" was in poor taste. However, I do think that it was simply badly (very badly) worded, and not malicious intent.

5 hours ago, AliC said:

They're friends with the Maxwells and have a couple of threads under Maxhell. They have a Facebook page called The Corrals.

@Triplet3 The eldest is Isabella. :)

Thanks! So I took this and fell down the rabbit hole. I'm surprised (although I probably shouldn't be) at how much time they spend protesting at the abortion clinic. But here's what I gleaned from their facebook-

Isabella "Bella" Rose born 11-May-2009

Joanna "Jojo" Lynn born 17-Jul-2010

Denver Grace born 10-Feb-2012

Dakota Ruth born 30-Dec-2013

Rebekah Wiley born 12-Jun-2015

Mary Elisabeth born 24-Sep-2016

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

Thanks! So I took this and fell down the rabbit hole. I'm surprised (although I probably shouldn't be) at how much time they spend protesting at the abortion clinic. But here's what I gleaned from their facebook-

Isabella "Bella" Rose born 11-May-2009

Joanna "Jojo" Lynn born 17-Jul-2010

Denver Grace born 10-Feb-2012

Dakota Ruth born 30-Dec-2013

Rebekah Wiley born 12-Jun-2015

Mary Elisabeth born 24-Sep-2016

Thanks, I didn't know Bella's birthday. Wow. No Irish twins yet, but not much of a gap between any of the kids. 

Of all the fundie families,I find the Corrals to be among the creepiest.  They're trying to outMaxwell the Maxwells, they're motivated entirety by fear, and I can't help but think that it's all going to end up very badly for those poor kids. It might not be a spectacular crash and burn, but those girls are going to be suffering the consequences of a spectacularly fucked up upbringing for years.

Who does 'church training' on infants, FFS?

The Corrals freak me out also. I think the parents had somewhat regular childhoods. However, their daughters along with the wife are shirt & dress wearing people. They posted with her mother but she was not wearing a skirt or dress. 

Are the Corrals the young couple who originally were troubled teens but settled down and found the Lord, or some such story?  

I thought we had a separate thread for Courtney (Sweet Tea etc) but I can't find it.  Any updates on her?  I think she's expecting???

I'm not sure if this is already known (if it is - sorry) but based on the Morton's instagrams it looks like Kressent is pregnant. On the picture of the family as they set off for Paraguay she looks really pregnant. In fact she looks kind of edematous so I hope she has a doctor to make sure her blood pressure is ok. 

edited to add: it seems everyone already knew Kressent was pregnant, sorry guys for repeating old news, I still hope someone is checking her blood pressure

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I'm not sure if this is already known (if it is - sorry) but based on the Morton's instagrams it looks like Kressent is pregnant. On the picture of the family as they set off for Paraguay she looks really pregnant. In fact she looks kind of edematous so I hope she has a doctor to make sure her blood pressure is ok. 

edited to add: it seems everyone already knew Kressent was pregnant, sorry guys for repeating old news, I still hope someone is checking her blood pressure

I couldn't find the pictures you're referring to. Link, please, to the pic of Kress looking edamatous?

On the Mortons' thread it's been discussed that she's pregnant but no known due date. Even prior to pregnancy she had some accumulated weight gain so it's possible that's the cause of her appearance?  I do worry about a heavily pregnant woman moving to rural Paraguay. 

6 hours ago, halcionne said:

I couldn't find the pictures you're referring to. Link, please, to the pic of Kress looking edamatous?

Edamatous?  Are you sure it wasn't Parmesanous or goddess forbid, Limburgerous?   This cheesy mind wants to know!!

(Just joshing you here.  The cheese has slid so far off most of these ladies' crackers that we'll never know just what the dairy delights were---)

I think that Kaeleigh Tull is pregnant. On pics, on her fb, there's three pairs of shoes (currently, she has 2 sons)... It seems that she just suffers a miscarriage (in june??). No more information. Kaeleigh Tull is eldest daughter of Bobye and Jim Holt.

Maybe it's pregnancy brain since she's on number 4 in as many years, but Bethany Lane just described her daughter as having 'chick munk cheeks'. Given who her mother is and what we know of her, I am giving huge benefit of the doubt in even considering it being pregnancy brain.

It reminds me of Kristina and her saying Khloe was 'soak and wet'.

These poor women are raised with sub par educations because they're meant to make the babies and make their husbands feel like kings because they have penises. Instead of spelling drills and reading, they memorized bible verses about submission.

1 hour ago, AliC said:

@Bethella Melanie Maxwell is pregnant with #5, #6 if you include Susannah.

No, no, no,no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't they just stop? Haven't they had enough troubles? Do they want another disaster???????

4 hours ago, AliC said:

@Bethella Melanie Maxwell is pregnant with #5, #6 if you include Susannah.

Oh f#@<ing hell that's one of my best friends' birthday although she isn't a fundy watcher so she may not care.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'd better up date the list. 

Zanna Paige Kendall is John-Everett and Ali's daughter. Her Birthday is on 23rd of july.. According Ali'sFB

And Prentiss is pregnant, confirmed by John-Everett on Hunter' FB. She's waiting for november.... Her last is almost three. She was on reprieve.......

1 hour ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Zanna and Prentiss?

Those are some unique names. Do they have any more siblings, and what are they called?

The Kendalls:

Parents are Tom and ?, 7 kids

Tom married to Melissa, 4 kids (son, daughter, Taylor, Christian)

Cherie married to Mark Jeffords, 2 kids (Oliver, Jack)

Lise Marie married to William Cleveland "Cleve" Morton, 3 kids (William Cleveland Jr. "Liam", Kendall Wesley, Carolina Elise)

John-Everett married to Ali Kaser, 3 kids (Rensley, Griffin Tate, Zanna Paige)

Prentiss Elizabeth married to James Chandler Allen, 2 kids (Hampton Jireh, Brighton Grey)

Christiana

Hunter

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived