IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

I felt a sense of accomplishment, in being able to encourage my guy friend to feel the need to be a better gentleman.  And the fact that he felt that his chivalry wouldn’t go unnoticed by me - because I actually care that men act like gentlemen - was flattery in itself.

Typical Raquel. She feels accomplished because she exists.

I'm done seeing guys trampled on and walked all over, but made to treat women like queens, to have their feet be kissed and every wish and whim fulfilled.

You mean like you've claimed a guy should act, Raquel? 

Also, once again, failed to do two blog posts in a row that were not about relationships. As for her "disclaimer," women don't derserve respect because they are women. They deserve respect because they are people.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You make me wanna be a better man" is a quote from the movie "As Good As It Gets". Jack Nicholson said it to Helen Hunt...

17 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

"You make me wanna be a better man" is a quote from the movie "As Good As It Gets". Jack Nicholson said it to Helen Hunt...

I'm pretty sure it predates that movie as a generic sentiment from long before.

On 10/28/2016 at 4:16 AM, alba said:

As for dating two people at once, wasn't that the norm back in the 50s? Like you would go on dates with different guys without being exclusive. I can see Raquel imagining herself as a young woman in that society, and she's so self-absorbed it wouldn't occur to her that other people see things differently.

I agree that dating two or more people concurrently isn't unheard of or a bad thing! But I feel like anyone dating Raquel would probably get the impression she's super into exclusivity, what with the 28 bajillion posts about her future husband.

No it doesn't. :tw_dissapointed_relieved: We are never going to find out what happens with Xaquerie and Fathom. 

Raquel has now declared that she is not "religious." She has a "relationship" with God. And because relationships are different from each other, it's okay for her to have tattoos, even though it might not be for other people. But don't worry. Christians still need to point out when other Christians are "blatently sinning" so she can still tell other people what they're doing wrong.

Wasn't Raquel anit-Halloween in the past? I'm not surprised that she posed between two guys. Raquel's motto seems to be "Use any event to make guys look at me."

Duh, it makes perfect sense to me. God and Jesus are referred to as He so they're male. Of course she'd be having a relationship with them.

I have heard this argument before and it always seems like a way to set yourself and your religion apart from all those other religions. You guys have a religion, you can keep it. I talk to God and God talks to me. God's my homie.

9 hours ago, Terrie said:

Raquel has now declared that she is not "religious." She has a "relationship" with God. And because relationships are different from each other, it's okay for her to have tattoos, even though it might not be for other people. But don't worry. Christians still need to point out when other Christians are "blatently sinning" so she can still tell other people what they're doing wrong.

How terribly convenient. Too bad she can't just admit to herself she doesn't believe the same things she used to; no shame in changing your views. 

I am deeply saddened if there is no new Nanowrimo gem this year.

No Nanowrimo, she claims on her ask.fm. She says she is now starting classes this month, despite prvious claims that she was starting that month back in early September. Probably true on no Nanowrimo, but as far as the classes, I'll believe it when I see it.

20 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have heard this argument before and it always seems like a way to set yourself and your religion apart from all those other religions. You guys have a religion, you can keep it. I talk to God and God talks to me. God's my homie.

I hate that kind of thing, because it all "Your religion is just following a bunch of rules and rituals." She doesn't have to worry about rules, because it's a relationship. It's "deep," unlike those other religions, which she somehow magically knows all about. 

You can't be priests. But women are so much better than men at childrearing and housework blah blah Marian sophistry blah. Heard it. Get tae fuck.

Raquel doesn't have a boyfriend to steal hoodies from anymore, but still wants the world to know she loves to wear men's clothing, so she is buying it for herself. Seriously, I wear a men's leather jacket daily and I don't feel the need to talk about it. 

Someone asked about us on her ask.fm! They asked why we tear her apart. She said "Haters gonna hate, yo."

I thought it was interesting because we really don't do much tearing apart. We aren't really after her character or her goals in life. We just laugh at the stuff she puts online and hope she grows out of this drama into a decent adult.

As for why???? Not because I'm a hater Ms Raquel. But maybe because you treated me like crap, spread rumors about me to your friends, called me stupid, then pretended you didn't know who I was every time I went to buy coffee. So yep. I have a great time verifying that really no, you are the stupid one, dear...

If I hated Raquel, I wouldn't bother.  There are parts of this board where I can't stand the folks being talked about and I don't bother reading (or snarking).  I see potential in Raquel that is being wasted on such stupid things for stupid reasons. 

And I saw her series of ask.fm answers on twitter - I did note at least 3 answers that said look at my blog entry.  One being how to study the bible. 

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

And I saw her series of ask.fm answers on twitter - I did note at least 3 answers that said look at my blog entry.  One being how to study the bible. 

She's got 5 ask.fm questions she used to advertise her upcoming blog on studying the Bible.

As for hating her. I am annoyed, frustrated and vicariously embarrassed by/for her, but no hatred. She's not worth hating. 

She has a new blog post up about her tattoos. 

1. She has a forget-me-not flower tattoo.

2 Undone is written on her side right under her breast because it is a word in her favorite worship song.

3 She has the weird tattoo she designed that is supposed to mean "God is infinitely greater than the ups and downs forever." but actually makes no sense.

4 Her Zodiac constellation that looks like random snowflakes

5 "Your will, for Your glory, in Your timing" is written is Spanish on her left wrist. 

6 Star made out of music notes on her shoulder because she loves stars and music.

7 "Innocent Life" written in Elvish on her side with a cross stuck in there to be super godly. The pain getting the tattoo reminded her of the pain Jesus suffered and she humbled herself by repeating "He endured more for me" over and over as she got the tattoo. I'm not sure you should actually compare getting a voluntary tattoo to being crucified. 

8&9 Trees and mountains on her ankles. 

10 A squiggly arrow. I'm not sure why the arrow looks like it has a heart beat in the middle. 

Before it can fly, an arrow must be drawn back.  Every inch is harder as it stretches and pulls it taut.  The arrow seems to be moving farther away from the target as it's pulled backwards, but it is the only way it will truly reach its target. 

The arrow is us.  The bow is life.  And the Master Archer is the Giver of life and the Author of our stories, aiming us in His perfect direction.

Keep calm guys! She is going to write another post about her tattoos to explain her "convictions" 

I'm a little impressed she managed two entries in a row that are not about relationships.

I do wonder if having black only ink was a deliberate choice or if she just can't afford anything but small, plain pieces. 

I'm definitely not defending her by any means, but black and grey tattoos are definitely a choice. I have many friends who choose only black and grey for the aesthetics. But you're right - the color can ADD UP, so it's likely she can't afford it. 

As far as comparing side piece pain to crucifixion? I mean... Lemme tell ya. I have a zombie cupcake tattooed on my side which is full color and huge, and that shit hurt. Like bad. But never once did I have to remind myself that Jesus endured worse than me. Or anyone did. Because it was an optional piece of art that I chose, I knew it would hurt, and I knew it would be over in four hours, and that I'd live after I walked out. In fact, I walked next door and got Gyros from Bobo's because it'd been a while since I ate. So let's take it down a notch, Raq.

I don't hate Raquel either. I rather pity her. We have been following her since she was 14 and she has not matured any in that time. I think we all expected she would grow out of this childish, self-centered, God's special snowflake behavior as she aged, but she has managed to get worse. Before she was just posting five million pictures of herself to show how modest she was all while writing blog posts she claimed were the words of God, but she turned into a person who neglected a horse, kicked a dog just to be mean, exploits orphan teen boys and it came out that all the stuff she has been writing about her super godly life is all lies. 

Raquel is her own worst enemy and it is going to take a lot of hard work for her to become a better human. 

49 minutes ago, kupcake said:

I'm definitely not defending her by any means, but black and grey tattoos are definitely a choice. I have many friends who choose only black and grey for the aesthetics. But you're right - the color can ADD UP, so it's likely she can't afford it. 

Right. I've seen some amazing monochrome pieces. It's a totally valid choice. But all her pieces are small and rather plain, so I do wonder if it was an artistic decision or a financial one. 

Judging from what she has said about her finances, I'm guessing she can't actually afford the small plain ones, but gets them anyway. Raquel seems like the type would would get large colorful tattoos if she had the money. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived