IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Back in 5 billion years BC, God knew exactly how many words she was going to use.

God picked out the words for her.

ETA: Gotta ask. Does anyone else have the urge to dump a milkshake over her head and tell her "It's all part of God's plan."

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raquel is just God's mouthpiece. Who would have thought God would be so obsessed with hoodies and hot guys. :?

As a Christian who believes in free will and not predestination the 'god's plan' stuff makes me stabby.  My personal belief is that 'god's plan' views are trying to put a human dimension on a super-human god who is not in one place at one time.  

Therefore God is not planning to take away Raquel's interwebs to keep her from blithering like that.  

Predestination seems to create the cruelest God. He creates all these people, denies them salvation, and then tosses them in hell to be tortured for all eternity. Raquel is exactly the sort of person this belief system appeals to. She never has to really worry about doing much since in her mind God made her to go to heaven. She doesn't even have to bother to search for God, because she is so special that God seeks her out. And she also doesn't really need to worry about the unsaved since they were made to burn in hell anyway and if someone is predestined for heaven, it will happen no matter what she does. This belief system lets Raquel absolve herself from all responsibility. 

And I really, really wish God would take away Raquel's internet access because it would do her a world of good. 

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

I just read the blog entry.  She uses way too many words to get her point across.

I always find it special when people can manage to do that in 140 characters!  It must be so HARD for her, being a wordsmith!

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Predestination seems to create the cruelest God. He creates all these people, denies them salvation, and then tosses them in hell to be tortured for all eternity. Raquel is exactly the sort of person this belief system appeals to. She never has to really worry about doing much since in her mind God made her to go to heaven. She doesn't even have to bother to search for God, because she is so special that God seeks her out. And she also doesn't really need to worry about the unsaved since they were made to burn in hell anyway and if someone is predestined for heaven, it will happen no matter what she does. This belief system lets Raquel absolve herself from all responsibility. 

And I really, really wish God would take away Raquel's internet access because it would do her a world of good. 

In Raquel's world, if anything bad happens to her, it's never her fault, because it's all part of God's plan. And if bad things happen to other people, well, let's be honest. Raquel doesn't care. She's certainly not the only fundy we talk about who is selfish, self-absorbed and lacks empathy, but she probably annoys me the most, because she's often the most childish and spoiled. You hope she won't require a major tragedy in her life before she has a wake-up call, but I do wonder if even that would be enough. 

I did a double-take today on the train because I was standing next to a Raquel doppelgänger. And she was with a guy I would totally describe as a Raquel boyfixation type. Bad manbun and all...

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

@Kariina But you've missed out the most important part - what were they talking about???  :-D

Had it actually been Raquel, I would have been on FJ typing up a play by play. Believe me!

I saw the Seewalds once in public and about freaked the hell out -- but I wasn't an FJ poster back then! I should put that on the Fundie sightings thread...

Guy Ive met raquel several times. The conversations are seriously dull and she usually isnt listening to the person talking to her and when i was there she mostly just made people play music on their phones that she knew so she could sing along. Not missing much there ;)

5 minutes ago, xRoo said:

she mostly just made people play music on their phones that she knew so she could sing along. Not missing much there ;)

Oy that sounds annoying nevertheless!

11 hours ago, xRoo said:

she mostly just made people play music on their phones that she knew so she could sing along. 

Why am I not shocked that she views other people's things as available for her use? Also baffled as to the activity, but after ten years of choir I'd better not need back up music to remember my part. ;) 

7 hours ago, Terrie said:

Why am I not shocked that she views other people's things as available for her use? Also baffled as to the activity, but after ten years of choir I'd better not need back up music to remember my part. ;) 

Somehow I don't think backup music is so much the point as it is dragging other people into her activity with her being the center of attention.

She made the shooting pic her cover photo on twitter. It's hilarious but also delightful because when viewed larger, you get a glimpse of so many of the bad tattoos in one shot.

Sounds like she's going to be a gun nut until her current soulmate fucks off into the sunset. This should be a laugh...

18 hours ago, xRoo said:

She made the shooting pic her cover photo on twitter. It's hilarious but also delightful because when viewed larger, you get a glimpse of so many of the bad tattoos in one shot.

Forgot to add: the tattoos and the fact they're the same in each shot is all that stops me from thinking she's become a self-aware self-parody.

Raquel posted on instagram a picture of her with her parents on their anniversary. Of course, she had to make it all about her. 

I love how this picture captures the perfect blend of their features in me

She is one of those people who will absolutely make every single situation revolve around her. Her default setting is only thinking about herself and  how she must be the center of attention at all times. 

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel posted on instagram a picture of her with her parents on their anniversary. Of course, she had to make it all about her. 

She is one of those people who will absolutely make every single situation revolve around her. Her default setting is only thinking about herself and  how she must be the center of attention at all times. 

Im sure her parents look in the mirror and say "I am so blessed to look like Raquel"

Gee, how unqiue to look like poeple you share 50% of your DNA with...  It's like she thinks she is the perfect representation of her parents' relationship, as if they don't have other kids. Hopefully, those kids are more self-aware. 

Is she... did she just.... is this a pome about her reflection? 

IMG_0209.PNG

On another note, i feel obligated to say I think she actually did a nice job on this one. 

IMG_0210.PNG

On 10/16/2016 at 2:45 PM, fiery redhead said:

I am starting a new online school this January, but I am getting my all my travel done before the end of the year. While online classes do afford flexibility, that flexibility is really limited to a day-to-day basis. Yes, I can work 6-7 hours a day at whatever time, but I still need to block out another 4-7 hours of that day to study. The constraints of class time and campus transportation are absent, but the deadlines are not. Traveling would put me behind, unless I studied while I was on vacation, which -- just no. She also expressed distress about her finances once again when she returned from Texas.... The reason for my one (tentative) trip this year is thanks to my Mom already having a ticket for me. I have to save up for school, and two Octobers have gone by where I haven't been able to go to Upstate NY like I want, but I know when I graduate things will be better. No, I am no master planner, but Raquel already lacks enough discipline to successfully stay in school and support, insisting on taking so many trips will only result in more desparate breakdowns in coffee shops.

On another note, NaNoWriMo is just a few sleeps away. Here is to hoping she provides an entertaining albeit incomplete train wreck. 

This part is so true about online classes.

No one is as much of a lady as Miss Raquel. 

I remember a time when a a guy friend of mine paid me one of the greatest compliments I have ever received.  He said: ‘You deserve recognition [as a lady].  You make me want to be a better gentleman.’

When he told me that, I was like "Wow".  I felt a sense of accomplishment, in being able to encourage my guy friend to feel the need to be a better gentleman.  And the fact that he felt that his chivalry wouldn’t go unnoticed by me - because I actually care that men act like gentlemen - was flattery in itself.

And this does not sound like it actually happened. 

There was a guy who I had gone out with twice.  He was super sweet, we got along well, he was very creative in his date planning, just an overall super sweet guy.  I didn't feel any special connection or feelings with or for him, though, and when I ended up dating another guy, I told guy #1 - "Hey, I just want you to know that I'm not interested in pursuing anything with you and you deserve to know that I am seeing someone now so please refrain from pursuing me."  The guy I was with at the time said that guy #1 was going to totally flip after reading that text from me, but guess what?  

He responded with maturity.  

He said something along the lines of "Thank you for telling me.  I hope that whoever you with knows what a lucky guy he is."  

Now that, ladies and gentleman, is a sign of a good, sweet, kind, mature man.  He knows how to take rejection.  Not in the pity-party "oh she played me" sort of bullcrap way, but “oh she found someone who makes her happy and for that, I am happy".  He set an example for me.  And I will always be grateful for that, and respect him for the way he chose to react.

Maybe because I'm old and dated before texting was invented, but if a guy was really nice and went out of his way to plan special dates for me, it would be rude to start dating another guy while that guy thought we were dating and to just text and say "please refrain from pursuing me."  A call IMO seems more polite and don't date someone else while the first guy thinks you are still in a relationship. Also, "please refrain from pursuing me." sounds like you think the guy is a stalking serial killer, 

As for college, she isn't starting till November now. 

‘You deserve recognition [as a lady]. You make me want to be a better gentleman.’

Uh, there is some young guy who talks like this, and actually exists, both at the same time? 

Just, I dunno, you guys aren't Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet so why don't you both just try to be a better person.  

The qualities of a  good and decent human being are much the same whether a male or a female.

Did Raquel ever receive a compliment that she did not blog about? Bragging can be such an inspiration to others. 

No one is as much of a lady as Miss Raquel. 

I remember a time when a a guy friend of mine paid me one of the greatest compliments I have ever received.  He said: ‘You deserve recognition [as a lady].  You make me want to be a better gentleman.’
When he told me that, I was like "Wow".  I felt a sense of accomplishment, in being able to encourage my guy friend to feel the need to be a better gentleman.  And the fact that he felt that his chivalry wouldn’t go unnoticed by me - because I actually care that men act like gentlemen - was flattery in itself.

And this does not sound like it actually happened. 

There was a guy who I had gone out with twice.  He was super sweet, we got along well, he was very creative in his date planning, just an overall super sweet guy.  I didn't feel any special connection or feelings with or for him, though, and when I ended up dating another guy, I told guy #1 - "Hey, I just want you to know that I'm not interested in pursuing anything with you and you deserve to know that I am seeing someone now so please refrain from pursuing me."  The guy I was with at the time said that guy #1 was going to totally flip after reading that text from me, but guess what?  
He responded with maturity.  
He said something along the lines of "Thank you for telling me.  I hope that whoever you with knows what a lucky guy he is."  
Now that, ladies and gentleman, is a sign of a good, sweet, kind, mature man.  He knows how to take rejection.  Not in the pity-party "oh she played me" sort of bullcrap way, but “oh she found someone who makes her happy and for that, I am happy".  He set an example for me.  And I will always be grateful for that, and respect him for the way he chose to react.

Maybe because I'm old and dated before texting was invented, but if a guy was really nice and went out of his way to plan special dates for me, it would be rude to start dating another guy while that guy thought we were dating and to just text and say "please refrain from pursuing me."  A call IMO seems more polite and don't date someone else while the first guy thinks you are still in a relationship. Also, "please refrain from pursuing me." sounds like you think the guy is a stalking serial killer, 
As for college, she isn't starting till November now. 

Nah, I started dating after texting was widespread and I'd never dump a guy by text message unless he WAS a stalker or otherwise made me fear for my safety.

As for dating two people at once, wasn't that the norm back in the 50s? Like you would go on dates with different guys without being exclusive. I can see Raquel imagining herself as a young woman in that society, and she's so self-absorbed it wouldn't occur to her that other people see things differently.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived